Author Topic: Easter Service Bouncy  (Read 443 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Easter Service Bouncy
« on: April 18, 2022, 11:40:42 AM »
Diablo del sol (261 posts)

My unfortunate example of large evangelical church on Easter. Translation: religious people attend church on Easter. This is my attempt to be topical.

My 18 year old nephew attends a church in the OC, good kid. Yes, and ONLY him. He just woke up one day and said he's "evangelical." Sure.

So we all go and it was a damn eye opening experience. Your NEPHEW goes, so naturally you ALL went? Wow, how credible.

The head pastor gets up and uses a plethora of RW trigger words, fake news, Critical Theory and he had to throw in Critical Race Theory. He missed Grooming and Cancel Culture, likely too tough for him to come up with any stories to support his bullshit. On the holiest day of the year? Bullshit. Too many DUmmy trigger words.

Spends literally the first half your negative selling against Atheists, Relativism, all of his perceived evils of the world. No if I go to buy something, lets say a new car. and the salesman focuses on all negatives on the competitors, I walk. Just a basic bullshit radar I have. When you have a good product, sell the positives of your product. The pastor was speaking to a flock, to a ministry. You're a dumb, sick asshole. There were probably free donuts after service or something.

But the worst part was the lame arguments used. Sophomoric would be kind, they were laughable, twisted stories. It was a sermon, not a pleading, dumbass liar.

For Relativism he claimed he and a fellow "believer" were sitting in the Spa at the gym when some guys joins them and starts berating him. (Gotta be the victim) Claims the guy rudely rips on Christians for shoving beliefs down everyone's throats. (may have happened, but expect him and his buddy came in after the other guy was there and started up on their bullshit. Then he claims the guys tells him his beliefs and the pastor comes back with, "so I can do anything I want? That is what you believe?" Supposed rude guy says yes, so the loving pastor gets up walks up to the guys and says, I want to punch you in the face, that is what you believe, right? Goes completely off the rails and claims the guy scrambles out of the jacuzzi. So other that the absolute incorrect understanding, the guys is proud that he threatened physical violence.

I will grant this dipshit one thing: he concocted a bouncy-within-a-bouncy, which is a decidedly pro move.

The attendees ate it up! These people are way past delusional and are openly advocating violence if people don't jump on board with their ignorant beliefs. No, they were attending a service. Except wait - this didn't happen, so no one was there except you, probably splattering the bowl of your toilet while you eat stolen Easter candy.

So flaccid so as to not bounce at all. Plus zero bongs.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline SVPete

Re: Easter Service Bouncy
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2022, 12:18:43 PM »
Did anyone else notice what was missing from LPC Noob Diablo del sol's verbose rant?

I've been attending Evangelical churches for over 60 years that I can remember (before age 4 or 5 I don't remember much). I have NEVER heard politics, etc. mentioned in an Easter sermon. N-E-V-E-R. Jesus' death and resurrection, redemption, have ALWAYS been the topic. So, what was missing from LPC Noob Diablo del sol's probably fictional :bouncy: ?

The name of the church. Because naming the church would enable fact-checking. Most churches nowadays have either videos/audios or texts of sermons on their websites. Naming the church would result in one or more DU-folk - or a ConservaJerk like me, :-) - going to the church's website to find out how significant the church is and hear/read what was said. IOW, either LPC Noob Diablo del sol totally lied about the sermon content, or the church is like that gay-bashing whack-job in Tempe that DU-folk love to hate - noisy but numerically almost invisible. I suspect LPC Noob Diablo del sol lied, because Evangelical pastors just don't waste Easter sermon time (or sermon time generally) with political harangues.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 12:24:09 PM »
Nothing says 'traditional Easter' like the whole family doing what some 18-year-old kid prompts them to do.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2022, 01:23:15 PM »
Cool Story, Bro sighting:

Star Member JHB (34,943 posts)
23. Standard "blowhard" story framing...

Victim of someone elses's belligerence? Check
That someone else practically runs down a checklist of your audiences biases and preconceptions of how "they" act? Check.
You have snappy comebacks that eviscerate his so-called argument? Check.
Encounter ends with that someone else cringing in fear/slinking off in shame at how you've effortlessly wiped the floor with whatever they'd claimed? Check

The only reason I'm not more skeptical that the encounter went the way he said is because the bulk of my skepticism is for whether it happened at all. My suspicion is that it's a story he's been recycling for years, with only occasional variations to keep it fresh or create the illusion that it happens to him all the time.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2022, 01:55:42 PM »
I will grant this dipshit one thing: he concocted a bouncy-within-a-bouncy, which is a decidedly pro move.

That was an interesting move.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2022, 02:03:17 PM »
So the DUmmie posted a link to the church, telling another DUmmie to watch the video... it is a funny exchange.

DUmmie OP pissed that DUmmie 2 may be calling into question their bouncy reality.

Hekate (75,629 posts)

5. On Easter Sunday?

X

Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Hekate (Reply #5)Mon Apr 18, 2022, 12:26 PM
Diablo del sol (267 posts)

11. Here you go.

http://www.crosslinechurch.com/type/sunday-morning/

Here you go, watch then come back with your correction
Reply to this post
Response to Diablo del sol (Reply #11)Mon Apr 18, 2022, 12:28 PM
Star Member Hekate (75,629 posts)

13. Well okay then

Reply to this post

Response to Hekate (Reply #13)Mon Apr 18, 2022, 12:41 PM

19. Rather than doubling down

Suggest you wait for them to post. It is one of the key differences between tRomp supporters and intelligent posters.

Or you have the link, feel free to attend. Just off
The 405 in Lake Forest.
Reply to this post
Response to Diablo del sol (Reply #19)Mon Apr 18, 2022, 12:46 PM
Star Member Hekate (75,629 posts)

21. Did not double down. Yielded your point. Sorry for your horrible experience.

All done?
Reply to this post

Response to Hekate (Reply #21)Mon Apr 18, 2022, 12:52 PM

26. Wow

Quite passive aggressive of you. Bookmark it, watch it when available, and leave it at that.

Or feel free to attend live. Just down the road from the Old Irvine Meadows Amphitheater.

405/5 merge off at Lake Forest or Irvine Center. From JWA just a short drive.
Reply to this post

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2022, 02:14:04 PM »
Weirdly,

The DUmmie OP didn't provide the link to the actual Easter Service...

JP starts at about 44 Minute I think

http://www.crosslinechurch.com/livestream-catalog/

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2022, 02:17:48 PM »
So the DUmmie is correct in one part... the Pastor said "Fake News"

"Any news or any message that seeks to reject or to redefine the historical death and Resurrection of Christ is fake news."

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2022, 02:43:19 PM »
"Critical Theory is looking at the world view from the oppressors and the oppressed.." He then mentions the various ways critical theory is used in politics, etc... but the point was that when you look at Christianity it is viewed as an oppressive "old white man's religion"

He goes onto say "Jesus was not an old white guy, Jesus was a young Middle-Eastern Jew" "Jesus identified with the most marginalized of society"  He then says "the average Christian who believes is not an old white guy, but a young woman of color"

As to the story about the jacuzi...

The third guy inserted himself into the convo that the pastor and another churchgoer were having

The 3rd guy explains relativism,

the pastor acts as if he is going to hit the guy, the guy says thats wrong,  pastor agrees says he was never going to really hit the guy, just wanted to point out some universal truth about right and wrong.

The DUmmie OP really twisted the sermon out of what it was to make his OP...

There were words in the OP that the pastor said, but anyone that watches the sermon can clearly see that it was *not* as the OP DUmmie tried to describe

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2022, 02:50:04 PM »
 :rotf: I see Hekate's post expressing doubt about the :bouncy: was roughly a minute after my first post on this thread expressing the same doubt, more verbosely. I promise I am not Hekate, and the timing is close enough that I doubt she saw my post.

So, I wandered over to the church's website. The church is at least fairly large, and therefore also of some influence in their community. I listened to a fair amount of the sermon, and let's just say Diablo del sol ripped what (s)he found objectionable in the sermon out of context. Using Christianese, it was an apologetic sermon - not apologizing for anything in the modern sense of the word, but a discourse giving reasons for a belief. Specifically, the pastor used the term "fake news" to describe modern philosophical views used by many to dismiss Jesus' resurrection.

So it was actually a fairly ordinary Easter sermon, focused on the resurrection, answering views that are annual ritual material in MSM sources every Easter (and Christmas as well). I guess it triggers Diablo del sol that Evangelical Christians really believe what we teach, and dare to respond to attacks on our beliefs.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2022, 03:04:13 PM »
I'm not even a strong believer, so to speak...
Probably "Christian adjacent" at best.

But that sermon was NOTHING like the way the DUmmie OP laid it out.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2022, 03:45:46 PM »
:rotf: I see Hekate's post expressing doubt about the :bouncy: was roughly a minute after my first post on this thread expressing the same doubt, more verbosely. I promise I am not Hekate, and the timing is close enough that I doubt she saw my post.

So, I wandered over to the church's website. The church is at least fairly large, and therefore also of some influence in their community. I listened to a fair amount of the sermon, and let's just say Diablo del sol ripped what (s)he found objectionable in the sermon out of context. Using Christianese, it was an apologetic sermon - not apologizing for anything in the modern sense of the word, but a discourse giving reasons for a belief. Specifically, the pastor used the term "fake news" to describe modern philosophical views used by many to dismiss Jesus' resurrection.

So it was actually a fairly ordinary Easter sermon, focused on the resurrection, answering views that are annual ritual material in MSM sources every Easter (and Christmas as well). I guess it triggers Diablo del sol that Evangelical Christians really believe what we teach, and dare to respond to attacks on our beliefs.

I am seriously contemplating creating an account just to post the damned link. 

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2022, 04:01:58 PM »
Having watched the sermon in question:

As a Catholic, I'm used to a different style of preaching, but there's nothing there to disagree with. It was a pretty standard outline of the doctrine of the resurrection dealing with several of the attempts to undermine this important truth.

To claim that this was somehow 'right-wing' is more than bizarre. It was preaching the resurrection of Christ (on Easter Day - duh). He used terms and analogies which his audience would understand - Christ did the same, called parables.

To be upset by that sermon is to be upset by Christianity.

Still don't believe that the DUmmy was there.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2022, 04:05:45 PM »
I am seriously contemplating creating an account just to post the damned link.

I think most DU-folk would defend Diablo del sol's quarter-truthing.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2022, 04:26:48 PM »
I think most DU-folk would defend Diablo del sol's quarter-truthing.

Yeah, they would... and I would say the DUmmie tithed the with the truth... with the only bit of truth/accuracy... were that some of those words were used.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2022, 04:30:46 PM »
gmail requires a phone number now to create an account.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2022, 04:50:17 PM »
Sympthsical (3,572 posts)

74. So I says to this lady at the gas station . . .

And she reluctantly admitted she agreed with me, and the guy who was buying slim jims gave a knowing nod.

I adore this stuff, lol.

I wonder if Sympthsical is going to catch some shade for calling out the DUmmie bouncy boilerplate

Offline SVPete

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2022, 04:57:44 PM »
Yeah, they would... and I would say the DUmmie tithed the with the truth... with the only bit of truth/accuracy... were that some of those words were used.

:hi5: earned and issued! :rotf:

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2022, 05:08:37 PM »
:hi5: earned and issued! :rotf:

Thank you, very much!

Did you see the DUmmie edited and posted the link in the OP

Offline SVPete

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2022, 05:21:14 PM »
Thank you, very much!

Did you see the DUmmie edited and posted the link in the OP

I haven't looked in on the thread in about 3 1/2 hours.

I wonder how many DU-folk realize that the most "intolerant" thing one can say is to say that something is true.  Because if something is true that excludes myriad alternatives. Thought through, the Progs' "Tolerance Game" is silly and childish.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2022, 06:08:03 PM »
LMAO

This is a great exchange... The OP DUmmie got another DUmmie to agree with his assessment of the sermon...  (which I honestly, don't believe to be sincere, but... )

Diablo del sol (271 posts)

83. Ok. Now time for the Warren story

Christmas Eve service, first one actually on the 23rd

He walks on and places two are three really nice 4x4 in. mahogany display boxes on the lectern. About halfway through he picks one up and says it is his late brothers Super Bowl ring. He got one and both of his sisters got one. His brother was an offensive lineman for the 49ers in the Montana era.

Now I am getting agitated, but reason that he is going turn this into possessions don’t matter, it all comes down to being a good person, regardless of personal rewards. I am still pissed that he is so shallow or bitter or both that he uses his dead brother to make the point. A guy who spent his teen years and into his thirties getting his head and legs abused.

So a bit later he does partially pivot to my expected point but no mention of the other display boxes. And then he does it, picks up a box and then says he wants his is a pen from Mandela (or some other world leader) I put them in these boxes because I don’t want to risk carrying them and have someone come up to me in the airport and have me sign a copy of Purpose Driven Life and walk away with my pen. Reaches into coat. Pulls out cheap Bic pen and states these are all used for signing. Ends service. Luckily I am about 20 feet from the East entrance. Make it one step on to the cement and loudly say FUUUCk!

Only one non family member approaches me, thinking here it comes. Guy asks me what caused that out burst, tell him that BS story disparaging his brother while pumping up his own over inflated ego. Guy looks at me and says I am a five year member, and agree with you 100%.

AND voila! another religious service bouncy... but this time he added someone at the service who agreed with him. LMAO

After  this
Sympthsical (3,572 posts)

74. So I says to this lady at the gas station . . .

And she reluctantly admitted she agreed with me, and the guy who was buying slim jims gave a knowing nod.

I adore this stuff, lol.

Sympthsical happens to be the DUmmie that "verified" the OP's claim...  which is what gives me some slight doubt on the sincerity.