Author Topic: “Waking up the sleeping giant” - I am Sarah Palin  (Read 1156 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
“Waking up the sleeping giant” - I am Sarah Palin
« on: September 03, 2008, 05:22:27 PM »
I am conservative woman, hear me roar:

The media has done more for John McCain in the last two days than he’s done for himself in the last year and a half,” [Tom] DeLay said. “Trashing her is waking up the sleeping giant, and the sleeping giant is Republican women.”
(Link)

A movement is born. From Reader D.:

I heard about a convention attendee wearing a shirt that simply stated “I am Sarah Palin”. Hearing this a light bulb went on. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if the McCain camp rolled out an “I am Sarah Palin” ad campaign? It would simply be a series of commercials that show a woman describing herself, like “I am a mom of 2 children, I am a wife, I am a PTA volunteer, I am a team mom, I am a marketing executive, I am a Democrat, etc” then the tag line, the woman says “I am Sarah Palin.”

They could have a series of women of different ages and different races giving their story, all saying in the end, “I am Sarah Palin.”

I would love to see these ads, it would drive the lefty feminists CRAZY.
Someone’s on the same wavelength. Via Jim Geraghty:

Spoke to Hugh Hewitt on radio row. He’s getting deluged with phone calls from women listeners, all saying that they’re appalled by the attacks on Sarah Palin. One has already printed up a t-shirt that says, “I AM SARAH PALIN. HER STORY IS MY STORY. BACK OFF.”

Some enterprising printer ought to consider mass-producing that, I think…
Ask and ye shall receive! Already on CafePress:

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/09/03/waking-up-the-sleeping-giant/

I'm loving that t-shirt.

Offline Willow

• Limousine
Re: “Waking up the sleeping giant” - I am Sarah Palin
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 05:28:23 PM »
check out that magazine cover... :rotf:

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 05:33:28 PM »
Brilliant isn't it?  :lmao:

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 05:37:05 PM »
I swear Palin outta hire Malkin as her PR agent! that would put a twist in their pretzels...  :rotf:

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 05:38:26 PM »

:-)

(for those of us who probably should get glasses but keep putting it off)

:-)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 05:39:45 PM »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 07:47:49 PM »
I am conservative woman, hear me roar:

The media has done more for John McCain in the last two days than he’s done for himself in the last year and a half,” [Tom] DeLay said. “Trashing her is waking up the sleeping giant, and the sleeping giant is Republican women.”
(Link)

A movement is born. From Reader D.:

I heard about a convention attendee wearing a shirt that simply stated “I am Sarah Palin”. Hearing this a light bulb went on. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if the McCain camp rolled out an “I am Sarah Palin” ad campaign? It would simply be a series of commercials that show a woman describing herself, like “I am a mom of 2 children, I am a wife, I am a PTA volunteer, I am a team mom, I am a marketing executive, I am a Democrat, etc” then the tag line, the woman says “I am Sarah Palin.”

They could have a series of women of different ages and different races giving their story, all saying in the end, “I am Sarah Palin.”

I would love to see these ads, it would drive the lefty feminists CRAZY.
Someone’s on the same wavelength. Via Jim Geraghty:

Spoke to Hugh Hewitt on radio row. He’s getting deluged with phone calls from women listeners, all saying that they’re appalled by the attacks on Sarah Palin. One has already printed up a t-shirt that says, “I AM SARAH PALIN. HER STORY IS MY STORY. BACK OFF.”

Some enterprising printer ought to consider mass-producing that, I think…
Ask and ye shall receive! Already on CafePress:

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/09/03/waking-up-the-sleeping-giant/

I'm loving that t-shirt.

That would be recorded around the world as 9.5 quake with all the heads sploding and keyboard pounding that would ensue.

When I read this earlier.......................I thought it was a great idea
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 07:53:22 PM »
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site