Author Topic: Trudeau vows to freeze bank accounts of protesters ...  (Read 1001 times)

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
Trudeau vows to freeze bank accounts of protesters ...
« on: February 15, 2022, 01:18:24 PM »
The supposedly liberal, supposed defenders of the right of free speech and the right to protest.... members of DU... cheer for:

Star Member appalachiablue (34,953 posts)

Trudeau vows to freeze anti-mandate protesters' bank accounts

Source: BBC News

(5 mins ago). Mr Trudeau said the scope of the measures would be "time-limited", "reasonable and proportionate". The military will not be called to assist. Without a court order, banks will be able freeze personal accounts of anyone linked with the protests. Mr Trudeau faces widespread criticism for his handling of the protests.

"This is about keeping Canadians safe, protecting people's jobs," he said. He said the police would be given "more tools" to imprison or fine protesters and protect critical infrastructure. The extraordinary move by Mr Trudeau comes as demonstrations across Canada enter their third week. It is his most aggressive move since the protests began.

On Sunday, law enforcement cleared anti-mandate protesters at the Ambassador Bridge in Windsor - a critical pathway for Canada-US trade - after a week-long stalemate. Hundreds of protesters remain in Canada's capital city. Last week, Ontario Premier Doug Ford called for a state of emergency in the province in response to the protests.

Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland said banks will be able freeze personal accounts of anyone linked with the protests without any need for a court order. Vehicle insurance of anyone involved with the demonstrations can also be suspended, she added...

Read more: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60383385

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/10142870282

Star Member Deuxcents (4,506 posts)

1. Just do it

So should we.
Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love! Click here to purchase valentine hearts!
Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Star Member Evolve Dammit (8,528 posts)

2. Awesome! Do the same here please

Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love! Click here to purchase valentine hearts!
Reply to this post

dalton99a (65,864 posts)

3. Canada cannot be held hostage forever. Do whatever it takes to end the bullshit

and make the terrorists pay

Star Member Cha (273,877 posts)

4. TY PM Trudeau!!

Reply to this post

Star Member BlueIdaho (10,600 posts)

6. Freezing bank accounts?

Holy cow that’s some serious shit right there.
Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love! Click here to purchase valentine hearts!
Reply to this post

cadoman (755 posts)

29. sorry fascists, your social credit has reached its limit

And your banking has been locked until you are no longer a piece of shit. Good bye!

And for the naysayers, don't think tfg or the gqp wouldn't do this to us the second they got a chance. This is a preventative strike and you damn well can bet we'll be applying it soon here. Biden isn't ****ing stupid.

Next order of business is to vaccinate this trash as soon as they are imprisoned so they don't infect prisoners who may actually pay their dues and lead productive lives some day.
Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love!Spread the love! Click here to purchase valentine hearts!

This DUmmie posted this without one iota of irony!

There seems to be about 2 dissenters..... Who are being swarmed, of course.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Trudeau vows to freeze bank accounts of protesters ...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 01:39:08 PM »
What Turdo is doing should scare the shit out of everyone.  It's amazing the power he's showing and getting cheered on!

Absolutely shocking to me. 

One of the huge reasons I absolutely abhor social security.  The government should never have control over your money.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 01:40:29 PM »
What Turdo is doing should scare the shit out of everyone.  It's amazing the power he's showing and getting cheered on!

Absolutely shocking to me. 

One of the huge reasons I absolutely abhor social security.  The government should never have control over your money.

KC

Just imagine the uproar had any politicians even suggested doing the same thing for the summer of riots?

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 01:50:15 PM »
The supposedly liberal, supposed defenders of the right of free speech and the right to protest.... members of DU... cheer for:

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/10142870282

I'm sure the accounts are only going to be frozen "for 14 days, to flatten the curve". AMIRITE?

This DUmmie posted this without one iota of irony!

There seems to be about 2 dissenters..... Who are being swarmed, of course.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Karin

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 02:12:59 PM »
I was shocked and disgusted when I read about this last night.  I knew the DUmbasses would cheer it on.  This law should have never passed up there.  Anything that abrogates due process should be absolutely rejected.  The potential for abuse is too great. 

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2022, 05:03:38 PM »
A sure-fire way to start a nationwide run on the banks

Take your money out and stash it somewhere.  It sucks, but it's becoming sound financial advice in this type of atmosphere.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2022, 05:41:54 PM »
Per the BBC article, Justine only has a week until his use of the law needs to be legislatively approved.

The powers announced by Mr Trudeau go into effect immediately - but his government has to present it to the House of Commons and the Senate within a week and needs a green-light or the proclamation would be revoked.

All main Canadian federal political party leaders have said it's time for the protests - which have had an impact on supply chains, the national economy and the country's relations with the US - to end.

But they aren't all necessarily on board with Mr Trudeau's unprecedented move.

Conservative leader Candice Bergen voiced concern it could inflame the situation.

The support of NDP leader Jagmeet Singh may give Mr Trudeau enough votes to pass it through the House - though the Senate could still be a hurdle.

Let's hope there's some common sense in the Canadian legislature.

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2022, 06:19:00 PM »
Imagine the poopy pants storm at the DUmp if Trump had said the same thing about real terrorist organizations of Burn Loot Murder and pAntifa.

It would have been satanic.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2022, 09:49:54 PM »
DUmbasses: Fascism is bad......unless we're the ones doing it. Then it's the best thing ever.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2022, 10:24:56 PM »
DUmbasses: Fascism is bad......unless we're the ones doing it. Then it's the best thing ever.

Exactly

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2022, 04:43:33 AM »
This is serious China/Russia level oppression.  I remember when Trump was called a Nazi.  Turns out it was Trudeau.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2022, 12:42:44 PM »
And for the naysayers, don't think tfg or the gqp wouldn't do this to us the second they got a chance. This is a preventative strike and you damn well can bet we'll be applying it soon here. Biden isn't ****ing stupid.

Aaaannnd the rationalizing has begun. And Biden would find it a lot harder to pull that off than you think.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2022, 01:09:44 PM »
Aaaannnd the rationalizing has begun. And Biden would find it a lot harder to pull that off than you think.
I dunno...biden checked out years ago. I don't see a little Castreau whispering in his crusty ear that far from the realm of possibility
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2022, 11:12:59 AM »

Like father like son...

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2022, 12:06:22 PM »
Per the BBC article, Justine only has a week until his use of the law needs to be legislatively approved.

Let's hope there's some common sense in the Canadian legislature.
If it's not approved,  any arrests or actions related to his emergency order should be immediately overturned and expunged from these peoples records
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2022, 12:19:35 PM »
From what I've read (sorry, no link), it's being debated at present, with the vote on this coming Monday.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2022, 12:20:35 PM »
Just imagine the uproar had any politicians even suggested doing the same thing for the summer of riots?

Yes sir, flip the headline to "Trump administration freezes bank accounts of BLM and George Floyd protesters".  Would the DUmmies be applauding that?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2022, 02:04:18 PM »
Yes sir, flip the headline to "Trump administration freezes bank accounts of BLM and George Floyd protesters".  Would the DUmmies be applauding that?

Even worse than that. Turdeaus government came out and said if you were a Trump supporter donating … imagine if someone here said Biden supporter.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2022, 02:26:08 PM »
The collaborator tow truck company's /operators have been identified! They should close up shop now that they have chosen sides with the authoritarians.  :popcorn:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2022, 03:26:44 PM »

President Trump had a chance to do this during the 2020 summer riots and chose not to.

if brandon choses to go down this road he does it at great peril.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline jukin

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2022, 03:35:21 PM »
Look the Bank of Mattress is a wise choice now. First The Bank of Mattress gives the same interest rates on money that the banks do 0.0%, so no downside there. Could some of your money be stolen out of The Bank of Mattress? Yes, but could ALL of your money be stolen, pardon me "frozen" in the banks? HELL YES.

Again, I will not lose any sleep if the Biden Stasi comes to my door and get surprises. None for I will not be killing humans but communists.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Online SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2022, 05:08:46 PM »
Is anyone here retarded enough to think we can vote our way out of this mess?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline jukin

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2022, 05:54:57 PM »

The Cuckservative media and the gopE think so.... just send MOOOOOAAAAAARRR money.

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
  • "Set Condition One throughout the ship."
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2022, 08:01:26 PM »

Seems to me, all we've been able to do is vote ourselves deeper and deeper into the mire. Apparently, we're all just not voting hard enough...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2022, 09:28:44 PM »

Nope, you have two sides. One who just wants to be left the hell alone and another who wants to rule over the ones who just want to be left the hell alone.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site