Author Topic: You know who should replace Breyer?  (Read 398 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
You know who should replace Breyer?
« on: January 27, 2022, 08:16:12 AM »
Star Member vercetti2021 (6,868 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216291152

You know who should replace Breyer?

A qualified young liberal who can and will make a difference. No one to spite the GQP, Thomas, or any other ridiculous person. Biden will select and highly qualified person. Sorry kinda irritated looking at ridiculous threads about appointing someone to make a point.

I trust President Biden to do it correctly

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

peppertree (15,514 posts)

2. Or this gentleman:

:loser:

Star Member Ocelot II (97,933 posts)

5. No. I love him but he's a perfect example of a silly suggestion of a popular politician

who hasn't seen the inside of a courtroom in at least 20 years, has never been a judge, and wouldn't take the job anyhow because he knows it's not his thing. Anyhow, Biden has promised to nominate a Black woman, and there is a short list that includes five or six highly qualified sitting judges. Why not trust him to appoint the right person?

Jeebo (1,470 posts)

6. Is Michelle Obama a lawyer?

I think she is. She would be a great choice, in my humble opinion. (Yes, I know, being a lawyer is not a requirement for the court.)

Another great choice would be Loretta Lynch. The former U.S. attorney general under Obama. I'm surprised I haven't heard anybody mention her. She's in her 60s though, and I would prefer somebody who's about 35 or 40 who'll be there for 50 years.

-- Ron

Mary in S. Carolina (796 posts)

3. I think people were just

joking when they said Anita Hill - I thought it was funny.

:whatever:

Star Member Chainfire (7,120 posts)

27. AOC to restore a little balance on the court. ;)

:thatsright:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Re: You know who should replace Breyer?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 08:37:48 AM »
I thought the DUmbasses wanted someone qualified for Beyer's seat because none of those they mentioned are qualified to be elected dog catcher, let alone the positions they held/hold or that of a Supreme Court Justice.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 08:56:57 AM »
While it's a terrible thing that Puddinghead has a chance to nominate someone, I don't think the primitives should be so confident it's going to play out the way they want it to.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 09:25:51 AM »
Biden did say he had a short list back in 2020...a nominee should already be out there. Looks like Pedo Joe lied again.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022, 09:52:58 AM »
While it's a terrible thing that Puddinghead has a chance to nominate someone, I don't think the primitives should be so confident it's going to play out the way they want it to.

Yeah.  That's why I couldn't care less about the speculation.  Party-elites will draw a name, then fumble the rollout. 

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2022, 11:28:17 AM »
Exclusive: The Babylon Bee Has Obtained Biden's List Of Possible SCOTUS Nominees

https://babylonbee.com/news/exclusive-the-babylon-bee-has-obtained-bidens-list-of-possible-scotus-nominees

Queen Latifa:  She's black, female, and sassy! That's a win-win-win scenario.

Michelle Obama:  Barack will kill me if I don't nominate her.

Rachel Dolezal: A woman who is also black.

Whoopi Goldberg: She was a nun. That'll help me look Catholic! Actually– maybe we can just replace the whole court with The View. Gotta' ask Jill.

Aunt Jemima:  I can't believe they fired that poor woman. The Pearl Mining Company just wants to keep her in chains!

Mrs. Butterworth: She's probably black. I can't tell.

(and more)
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2022, 11:41:48 AM »
Exclusive: The Babylon Bee Has Obtained Biden's List Of Possible SCOTUS Nominees

https://babylonbee.com/news/exclusive-the-babylon-bee-has-obtained-bidens-list-of-possible-scotus-nominees

Add in Jussie Smolette. She would be perfect.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2022, 11:51:51 AM »
Biden did say he had a short list back in 2020...a nominee should already be out there. Looks like Pedo Joe lied again.

Biden: "Now where did I put Jill's shopping list........   "
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2022, 12:55:53 PM »
Biden did say he had a short list back in 2020

I think he was confused and meant the short bus. :thatsright: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :shortbus: :shortbus: :shortbus:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Delmar

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2022, 12:38:33 PM »
Democratic nominee Joe Biden on Wednesday described his son Hunter as “the smartest guy I know” -- amid growing questions about the former vice president's alleged ties to his son’s business dealings.

Biden made the remarks during an online event hosted by Oprah Winfrey, in which he retold how he went home and gathered with his family when then-nominee Barack Obama asked him to be his running mate in 2008
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/joe-biden-hunter-smartest-guy-i-know

In my opinion, Hunter is a stupid son of a bitch just like his old man.  But if the doddering old fool really thinks Hunter is that smart, he should nominate him to fill the opening.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden