Author Topic: If we can't use OSHA to force vaccinations, perhaps interstate travel is the way  (Read 559 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216243814

I said in another thread the fascists would look for another angle …

fescuerescue
If we can't use OSHA to force vaccinations, perhaps interstate travel is the way to go.

I always felt OSHA was iffy from a Supreme Court standpoint, and if upheld could have significant blowback when the Republicans get control again. In any event it's a moot point now anyway.

Now we need to look at Buses, Planes, Highway State line crossing etc.

Perhaps High Rest areas (this has been tested with TSA)

Another possibility is Drivers license and Car registration dependent on vaccination.

SoonerPride
2. At this point I think it is a lost cause.
Those that want the vaccine will get it and those that do not want it simply won't do it.

"Lead a horse to water" and all the other aphorisms you can think of that apply here.

Take care of yourself and your loved ones and let the antivax crowd get sick and die off.

uponit7771
5. Then those people need to be isolated and put to the side so the rest of us can go on with life
... and science.

Someone's convinced them they're right about the vaccine and they have a vested interest in not taking it, let them have at it

At least the poster below gets it, must be a conservative mole.

former9thward
8. Vaxers and anti vaxers are both getting sick.
Yes, the vaxers less so and with less effects. But the die rate is less than 1% so they will not die off in any significant numbers.

How they don’t see the authoritarianism and fascism in their posts completely befuddles me.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline ADsOutburst

Here's an idea: We don't need a vaccine mandate. COVID is evolving into a less deadly, more contagious version of itself, exactly the way "non-science believers" expected.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216243814

I said in another thread the fascists would look for another angle %u2026

At least the poster below gets it, must be a conservative mole.

How they don%u2019t see the authoritarianism and fascism in their posts completely befuddles me.

KC

As the saying goes, there are none so blind as those who refuse to see. Also it isn't authoritarian or fascist when they do it, only when we do it. If the DUmbasses didn't have double standards they'd have no standards at all.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 11:52:07 AM by Zathras »
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."

How they don’t see the authoritarianism and fascism in their posts completely befuddles me.

KC
They are communists. They do not feel shame or guilt about anything so long as the push towards communism continues. With that in mind, they are even less likely to acknowledge their own hypocrisy.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline 67 Rover

Hmm. Maybe republicans can mandate that if you or a facility takes Medicare or Medicaid you are not allowed to perform any abortion procedures?

That appears to pass the SCOTUS requirements.  :popcorn:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Angleae (3,623 posts)

6. Papers please.

That's what republicans will be saying over and over during the next election if this comes true. Also, drivers licenses and car registrations are state-level only, the feds have no say.

fescuerescue (3,858 posts)

7. They always say that. who cares what they say.

They don't vote correctly anyway.

You are correct about state level, but there are easy work arounds that have been proven.

Withholding Highway funds unless the states comply is an oldie but goodie.

This was used for the Moto-voter bill as well as raising the drinking age to 21.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline SVPete

Gee, why not try direct Constitutional means, like persuading legislatures to pass laws?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
Gee, why not try direct Constitutional means, like persuading legislatures to pass laws?

Because democraps will get their way by hook, crook or any other means whether or not it's constitutional.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline SVPete

former9thward
8. Vaxers and anti vaxers are both getting sick.
Yes, the vaxers less so and with less effects. But the die rate is less than 1% so they will not die off in any significant numbers.

This is brooklynite's twin-in-occasional-sanity.

The vaxxed, non-vaxxed, and recovered all can get the virus. It is likely that resistance from vax and/or from recovery is at a high enough % of the population that this is at least a significant part of Omicron seeming to be less severe.

IIRC, the death rate for Covid had previously been in the .4% range, with Delta being lower, and Omicron proving itself much lower.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Online jukin

DUmbass fescuerescue is really letting his fascist freak flag fly.

Scratch a self proclaimed liberal, find a fascist. Now more true than ever.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DLR Pyro

fescuerescue
If we can't use OSHA to force vaccinations, perhaps interstate travel is the way to go.

I always felt OSHA was iffy from a Supreme Court standpoint, and if upheld could have significant blowback when the Republicans get control again. In any event it's a moot point now anyway.

Now we need to look at Buses, Planes, Highway State line crossing etc.

Perhaps High Rest areas (this has been tested with TSA)

Another possibility is Drivers license and Car registration dependent on vaccination..

Why stop with restricting driver licenses and car registration from the unwashed unvaxxed?  How about preventing the unvaxxed from voting since they have proven they can't think in their best interests???
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Perhaps the fascist left will mandate border crossings and checkpoints between every U.S. state on our interstate drives.  It'll give a nice German or Russian feel for them.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

Perhaps the fascist left will mandate border crossings and checkpoints between every U.S. state on our interstate drives.  It'll give a nice German or Russian feel for them.

Name the first two Checkpoint Joementia and Checkpoint Kammie, :rimshot: .