Author Topic: My career of treating patients has ended  (Read 881 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
My career of treating patients has ended
« on: December 11, 2021, 06:07:09 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216134658

:rofl:

emmiblue
My career of treating patients has ended

After more than three decades as a physician, the Q maniacs have succeeded in driving me out of providing care to patients. I, like many of my colleagues, am moving into medically-adjacent work, where we can continue to apply our training and decades off knowledge without ever having to come in contact with sick people.

I've been able to deal with the years of patients who attended Google Medical School, and the hours wasted explaining things such as why cinnamon cannot be used to treat diabetes, or that garlic and beetroot can't treat HIV. And Lord save me from essential oils.

COVID and Q finally proved to be the one of amateur "experts" that was too much for me. The horrific deaths are beyond what you might imagine. They emerge almost unrecognizable to their families. Since June, I have never seen a horrible case of someone who was vaccinated. I have seen people struggling to breathe through lungs that have hardened to near uselessness, begging us in their ignorance to give them the vaccine now. We can tell, almost without fail, which ones will die when they come through the door of the ICU, but we do everything in our power to keep them alive - BIPAP, ECMO, ventilator - knowing we are stretching out the inevitable. We use paralytics with ECMO and ventilators, then ease them off to see if they can function. And as the drugs wane, the look of terror emerges, the tears. We try to calm them, to swallow our desire to scream at them: This is your fault! This didn't have to happen! Often, their spouse or their uncle or neighbor is nearby, dying along with them. And we work hard for those rare cases where we can pull them back from the edge.

I could deal with all of that. What I can no longer handle is the screaming, not from the patients, but from the families. They are not screaming in anguish, or in recognition of how their foolishness has led them to this point. No, they are screaming at me. Because, you see, I am part of the global conspiracy to commit genocide. If only I would give 10,000 mg of Vitamin C - even though the body can only absorb a maximum of 100 mg a day, with the rest creating the world's most expensive urine - they would be saved. Or hydroxychloroquine. Or ivermectin. Those have never been studied, they assure me, and when I tell them they have been, they snap that I don't know what I'm talking about. I want, oh god I want, to tell them that if we are the ones responsible for killing their loved ones, then why the hell have they brought them to the hospital? Why throw them into our clutches? I know the answer: They know it is all lies. But their egos are so huge they cant bring themselves to admit it.

My breaking point came three weeks ago. I dealt with a particularly horrible case. This was a husband and father, 38 years old. A wife, two daughters, one son. All of age to get vaccinated, none vaccinated. If you could have seen his face, and the ravages left by both COVID and the time he spent prone on his stomach. An enormous clot kept reforming in his leg, and we had been forced to amputate his foot in hopes of keeping him alive. When he was awake, the look of terror in his eyes, the crying, the pain. It was nothing new. But the begging, over and over, "Don't let me die." And "Give me the vaccine." All I could tell him is "We won't let you" - although I never said we might not have any choice in the matter. And I told him, repeatedly, it was too late for the vaccine.

He begged me to bring in his family. A nurse called them, because they had never come to the hospital. They refused to wear masks, and so would not be admitted. The nurse told the wife that her husband was likely dying, and was begging to see them. All she cared about was masks. She would only come if she and her daughters didn't have to wear any.

The nurse came to me and told me the wife wanted to speak to me. I got on the phone and she ordered me to cure him with ivermectin and vitamin C & D. I explained to her, those do not work, they have been extensively studied and the amount of ivermectin needed to treat even mild COVID would kill a human being. Once again, I was told I was ignorant. I asked her to come down to the hospital, to bring her children, to at least wait outside. Somehow, she agreed.

The nurses were all busy, and I took over the role they usually perform, comforting the dying. I sat beside the man's bed. Through tears, he rasped out sounds I could vaguely understand as a question. I guessed at what he was asking, and assured him that yes, his family was coming. He was so frightened, and I could tell he knew death was unavoidable. I'm not religious, but I knew he was, and I talked about the comfort of Jesus as I held his hand. About a minute later, he coded. We tried to save him, but there was nothing to be done. He died.

Twenty minutes later, I heard from a nurse that the family was here, that they had made a ruckus down in the lobby demanding to be let upstairs without masks, and had been thrown out of the hospital. I consulted with a few colleagues who agreed to cover me so that i could speak to them in the parking lot. I took the elevator down, and asked security to point out the family that refused to wear masks. Fortunately, they had not left.

I stepped outside, went to the wife, and identified myself. I told her that I was sorry, that we had done everything we could, but her husband had passed a few minutes earlier. I did not manage to get the words of the sentence fully out of my mouth when I felt the fist strike my face and heard the screamed words "You murderer!" I fell backwards, tripped, and plopped onto the pavement, the back off my head striking asphalt. I vaguely heard the words being screamed about ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine and god knows what else. I heard "you could have saved him if you listened!" I tasted blood from the top of my lip. It took a moment to know it was seeping from my nose, which she had broken. My mask was getting wet, and thus useless. Security grabbed her. They were getting ready to call the police, but I knew if they did, I would become the next national target for the Q maniacs. I told them to just put her in her car. I wasn't going to press charges. I went back to the hospital.

I started looking for a new job the next day. I will never treat a patient again.

Thank God.

https://www.reddit.com/r/QAnonCasualties/comments/rakxun/my_career_of_treating_patients_has_ended/

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: My career of treating patients has ended
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2021, 06:25:18 PM »
cool story bro
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2021, 06:46:20 PM »
I have seen people struggling to breathe through lungs that have hardened to near uselessness, begging us in their ignorance to give them the vaccine now.

:bs: This is the second or third :bs: - :bouncy: using this same shtick, yet DUmmies lap it up. Re-runs aren't Cool Stories, Bro! :tongue:

:bs: This is the proof the :bouncy: is  :bs: : "people struggling to breathe through lungs ... hardened to near uselessness, begging us". :thatsright: Hello! :thatsright: People who can't breathe also can't "beg"! :thatsright:  :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2021, 06:51:15 PM »
I waded through the index of posts quite a way, they all lapped up the :bs: - :bouncy: , :rotf: . Pathetic. "Loved" this post from one of the "smartest" of Americans:

Initech (90,084 posts)

23. My deep seeded hatred for the Q cult knows no boundaries.

:rotf:  :tongue:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 07:28:32 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2021, 07:05:06 PM »
And a whole bunch of nutsos on Reddit believed this quack.

Some are claiming his comment history proves he really is a doctor. Not really. Chances are he’s just a good enough liar to fool the type of LW idiots that hang out on Reddit.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2021, 07:35:48 PM »
Q is prominently mentioned again. A LOT of Lefties rely on 'Q' to dismiss opponents as conspiracy nuts.
I don't know any conservatives who followed Q. The only 'experts on Q" have always been Democrats for some reason.

Makes me wonder if Q isn't a Democrat psyop production.

-----------------------
per the OP...lousy Bouncy. too long for one. Hits every stereotype. No one got arrested. The DUmmy denying medicine that is on record as working. Conservatives are all loud obnoxious louts...and victimhood status for the OP 'doctor." and in the end he quits, a doctor could have retired, but this one is looking for another job.
~~even as a pretend doctor, he fails miserably.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 07:42:37 PM by Mr Mannn »

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2021, 07:55:22 PM »
This part bounces to the moon:

He begged me to bring in his family. A nurse called them, because they had never come to the hospital. They refused to wear masks, and so would not be admitted. The nurse told the wife that her husband was likely dying, and was begging to see them. All she cared about was masks. She would only come if she and her daughters didn't have to wear any.

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Zero bongs.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2021, 09:26:02 PM »
troll makes a few posts over a few weeks claiming "i AM A PHYSICAN" and that's proof to these dummies that it's true.

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1srt8kt

there is no "Clebus Wintergreen, MD" but there is this nutcase:

https://www.facebook.com/clebus.wintergreen.5

::)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2021, 09:39:33 PM »
troll makes a few posts over a few weeks claiming "i AM A PHYSICAN" and that's proof to these dummies that it's true.

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1srt8kt

there is no "Clebus Wintergreen, MD" but there is this nutcase:

https://www.facebook.com/clebus.wintergreen.5

::)

Well, that confirms what I thought it was. Thx Tess!

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2021, 10:16:41 PM »
Response to demmiblue (Original post)Sat Dec 11, 2021, 12:42 PM
Initech (90,084 posts)
23. My deep seeded hatred for the Q cult knows no boundaries.

**** these ****ing morons!

This reply jumped out at me--deep seeded hatred.  Somebody needs to tell the primitive that it's deep seated but then the primitive would probably just say that they meant it that way. 

It sounded so stupid, I checked to see if it was Christine who posted it.  When somebody tells her that saying pellucidly clear means clearly clear she wryly says she meant to do that.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2021, 10:46:55 PM »
Taking it a step further, I think it's this "person":

https://www.facebook.com/kith.laber.3

· 2d
Keith Lober
Clebus has a new account while he is on a 29 day timeout.. come visit and friend Ruby Moon. for how ever long she lasts.
May be an image of 1 person and tattoo
 · 2d · Edited
Shannon Jay
Keith Lober which effing Ruby moon?
 · 2d
Shannon Jay
Keith Lober found you, or, her
 · 2d
Keith Lober
Shannon Jay it
 · 2d
Shannon Jay
Keith Lober yes, it!
 · 2d
Keith Lober
forget Ruby moon ......... i took the pictures off some trumper womans facebook page and sent the pictures to all of her friends list.......of course the pictures were captioned with the phrase "I would suck Donalds dick better than Ivanka" ,,,,.... F… See more
 · 2d · Edited

:mental:

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2021, 06:22:56 AM »
I can’t see the Facebook pages, but if Tess says that’s the person, I believe it.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2021, 06:41:02 AM »
We use paralytics with ECMO and ventilators, then ease them off to see if they can function.

If a person is on a ventilator, they are on paralytics. Period. Stop. End of discussion. You CANNOT entubate someone who is conscious or who has an intact gag reflex. There is no "easing them off it."
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2021, 07:27:09 AM »
Clown Clebus Wintergreen needs to join DU. He'd fit right in with their hate, and with a little practice could become a Nematode-Class DUmmie. That he fooled them with his pathetic Drama Clown fiction would not bother them in the least.

If a person is on a ventilator, they are on paralytics. Period. Stop. End of discussion. You CANNOT entubate someone who is conscious or who has an intact gag reflex. There is no "easing them off it."

This part of the faux- "bouncy: stood out to me as well:

... we do everything in our power to keep them alive - BIPAP, ECMO, ventilator - knowing we are stretching out the inevitable. We use paralytics with ECMO and ventilators, then ease them off to see if they can function. ...

It was too obvious that the writer of :bouncy: -fiction had done Wikipedia-level "research" and was dumping buzzwords, while not understanding how those things are used.

Being someone stuck in the middle between anti-vax-crazies and vax-mandater-crazies - I'm far from alone and do not fancy myself to be some sort of Cassandra-like hero - I've noticed that their wish-to-believe is being constantly played by troll-mockers on the outside and liars sharing their POV who want to give reality that obstinately does not conform to what they believe a big "plus".
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 07:45:19 AM by SVPete »

Offline jukin

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2021, 01:44:20 PM »
I started looking for a new job the next day. I will never treat a patient again.

If you were a doctor, you weren't, this is great news and hundreds of people may live because you quit.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2021, 11:09:32 AM »

emmiblue

My breaking point came three weeks ago. I dealt with a particularly horrible case. This was a husband and father, 38 years old. A wife, two daughters, one son. All of age to get vaccinated, none vaccinated. If you could have seen his face, and the ravages left by both COVID and the time he spent prone on his stomach. An enormous clot kept reforming in his leg, and we had been forced to amputate his foot in hopes of keeping him alive. When he was awake, the look of terror in his eyes, the crying, the pain. It was nothing new. But the begging, over and over, "Don't let me die." And "Give me the vaccine." All I could tell him is "We won't let you" - although I never said we might not have any choice in the matter. And I told him, repeatedly, it was too late for the vaccine.
How the DUmmie sees itself.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2021, 11:53:39 AM »

Love that line.  Let's be honest though, Rorschach was a lot smarter and had a better grip on reality that the DUmp.
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2021, 12:42:53 PM »
 :lmao: 120 Replies, only one that even asked whether the laughable :bouncy: is true (how timid can you get?!, :rotf: ). :lmao:

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2021, 02:46:29 PM »
And a whole bunch of nutsos on Reddit believed this quack.

Some are claiming his comment history proves he really is a doctor. Not really. Chances are he’s just a good enough liar to fool the type of LW idiots that hang out on Reddit.

There are multiple studies (actually quite a few in MEDICAL JOURNALS) that cinnamon helps reduce the effects od diabetes.

https://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/26/12/3215#:~:text=CONCLUSIONS%E2%80%94The%20results%20of%20this,diabetes%20will%20reduce%20risk%20factors
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2021, 06:43:44 PM »

Love this movie.

KC

*Stolen

Offline enslaved1

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2021, 10:04:46 AM »

Love this movie.

KC

Graphic novel is 100x better.  Although the shot in the opening credits of Comedian on the grassy knoll is funny.
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2021, 10:17:32 AM »
Graphic novel is 100x better.  Although the shot in the opening credits of Comedian on the grassy knoll is funny.

I've never read a graphic novel.  I wouldn't even know where to get one to read.  It broke my heart when they closed all the bookstores around me.  To see a bookstore I have to drive about 75 miles.

I broke down a couple of years ago and surrendered.  I have a Kindle.  I still don't know how to use it very well and because of that I don't read as much as I like.  I guess I should pull up a youtube video and see how to really operate the thing.  I got it out and started reading a book last night and that was the first time in probably 8 months I turned it on.

KC

*Stolen

Offline enslaved1

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2021, 01:26:24 PM »

I've never read a graphic novel.  I wouldn't even know where to get one to read.  It broke my heart when they closed all the bookstores around me.  To see a bookstore I have to drive about 75 miles.

I broke down a couple of years ago and surrendered.  I have a Kindle.  I still don't know how to use it very well and because of that I don't read as much as I like.  I guess I should pull up a youtube video and see how to really operate the thing.  I got it out and started reading a book last night and that was the first time in probably 8 months I turned it on.

KC

Major thread jack :D

DC and Marvel both have digital subscriptions, looks like both have all or most of their back catalogue in an unlimited option.  Comixology is another service (owned by Amazon).  I'm a cheapskate, so I can't tell anything about either of those other than they are available.  I don't like reading comics in the Kindle app, it just seems clunky to me, and I imagine on an actual Kindle it would be the same.  There's tons of free stuff floating around, legit and otherwise, and a good app/program called ComicRack that reads better than kindle, IMHO.

Bookstores are dying, no doubt and it sucks.  I'm lucky, close enough to Dallas that there are several Half-Price Books around me, along with a couple of B&N when I feel rich, and the thrift stores have some gems when I have time to do some digging.  Reading on the phone is hard, cause it's too easy to get distracted by notifications or random ideas to go check on. 

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2021, 01:37:31 PM »

DC and Marvel both have digital subscriptions, looks like both have all or most of their back catalogue in an unlimited option.  Comixology is another service (owned by Amazon).  I'm a cheapskate, so I can't tell anything about either of those other than they are available.  I don't like reading comics in the Kindle app, it just seems clunky to me, and I imagine on an actual Kindle it would be the same.  There's tons of free stuff floating around, legit and otherwise, and a good app/program called ComicRack that reads better than kindle, IMHO.

Bookstores are dying, no doubt and it sucks.  I'm lucky, close enough to Dallas that there are several Half-Price Books around me, along with a couple of B&N when I feel rich, and the thrift stores have some gems when I have time to do some digging.  Reading on the phone is hard, cause it's too easy to get distracted by notifications or random ideas to go check on.

LOL, yes it was a thread jack.

Thanks for the info!  I'll finish what I'm reading and may poke around a bit.

KC

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2021, 01:39:43 PM »

The DUmp thread hasn't a new post in 2-3 days. Either they figured they'd been had by a low-grade Mandater-troll or found a new bright shiny shamject.