Author Topic: Someone who says, "I'm a patriot," is probably a Republican  (Read 516 times)

Offline CC27

Someone who says, "I'm a patriot," is probably a Republican
« on: September 28, 2021, 03:34:48 PM »
Cyrano (13,095 posts)

Someone who says, "I'm a patriot," is probably a Republican

Think about that phrase. Anyone who says, "I'm a patriot," is implying that they are a "real American." And without specifically saying it, they are also implying that anyone who doesn't think like them is not a "real American."

Ah, fascist thought and propaganda. Those who repeat stupid "I'm a patriot" type phrases are, for the most part, idiots who don't think for themselves. These are the type of people who are Trump's followers. They are his "troops." They are his voters. They are imbeciles.

And if it wasn't Trump, it would be some other would-be "Dear Leader" who desires full power for himself/herself, and is just using thoughtless fools to attain it.

The next time someone says to you, "I'm a patriot," or some phrase like, "Real Americans don't ...," or if they use the "N" word, no need to ask who and what they believe in. They believe in what they were taught to believe in and what they want to believe in. What they don't believe in is universal freedom, the value of the individual human being, and democracy.

Words have meaning. And those used by the ignorant and the haters give them away every time. The words they use could be considered to be verbal swastikas.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215903305

Verbal swastikas??? That is a new one.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Someone who says, "I'm a patriot," is probably a Republican
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 04:01:28 PM »
I’m enjoying watching the Cyrano primitives decent into deeper madness.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2021, 04:21:07 PM »
"Patriot?!?! Something, something, grrr, FASCISM!!! Rabble, something, rabble, something, something, NAZI!!!!"

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2021, 05:01:05 PM »
I’m enjoying watching the Cyrano primitives decent into deeper madness.

Wow, I read that a couple of times and just can't get over the word salad.  Is Cyrano in a mental institution yet, because he/she/it sure types like one.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2021, 05:10:54 PM »
And anyone who utters the phrase "our democracy" is probably an America hating fascist pig AKA Democrat.
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2021, 05:11:31 PM »
Wow, I read that a couple of times and just can't get over the word salad.  Is Cyrano in a mental institution yet, because he/she/it sure types like one.

It's not a mental institution. It's far worse. Cyrano is taking writing lessons from Nance the Canadian Drunkard.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2021, 05:53:07 PM »
Wow, I read that a couple of times and just can't get over the word salad.

A word salad with a side of logic pretzel.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2021, 07:31:02 PM »
Response to Cyrano (Original post)Tue Sep 28, 2021, 03:52 PM
Star Member Aristus (56,694 posts)
1. I usually just say "I'm honorably discharged and have a Form DD-214."

Not every Republican can say that.

I can say that too but Hunter "Sassy Pants" Biden can't.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/09/enclosed-list-intel-fools-pushed-hunter-biden-russian-laptop-lie/
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2021, 07:47:11 PM »
Cyrano (13,095 posts)

Someone who says, "I'm a patriot," is probably a Republican...

Ya know what, Cyrano? The real scary (from your perspective, anyway) ones are the ones who don't have to tell anyone they're a "patriot".

The folks who you watch what they do for about 15 minutes, and you lean over to the pachoulli-reeking dumbass beside you and in as sub-80 decibels as you get when you're stoned off your ass and think you're whispering, tell s/h/it "watch out for that guy, wouldja? We light this flag on fire and that guy will definitely kick our ****in' asses straight to Mars".

Sweet dreams, Cyrano... :popcorn:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2021, 07:47:37 PM »
Response to Cyrano (Original post)Tue Sep 28, 2021, 03:52 PM
Star Member Aristus (56,694 posts)
1. I usually just say "I'm honorably discharged and have a Form DD-214."

Not every Republican can say that.

IIRC, the most recent D President who served in the US military was Jimmy Carter. OTOH, Among R POTUSes since Carter, Bush Jr. served in TANG, Bush Sr. served in the USN, including a DFC, and Reagan served in the US Army Reserve (1937-1942) and Army. Trump was the first R President since Hoover who had not served in the military or National Guard.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2021, 09:20:31 PM »
Just like any American who says "I hate America" is unquestionably democrat.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2021, 10:22:58 PM »
Just like any American who says "I hate America" is unquestionably democrat.

It's not as if they have to say it for anyone who isn't the drug addled son of a dementia addled bastard pretender to the throne to know the truth of it. They aren't as good at hiding it as they like to think they are.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus