Author Topic: the nl east and the nl west will be a RACE down to the wire.  (Read 49949 times)

Offline morningAngel

Re: the nl east and the nl west will be a RACE down to the wire.
« Reply #200 on: September 22, 2008, 08:52:14 AM »
You guys have sullied a perfectly good baseball thread.

there should be a law against hijacking or whoring up a baseball thread.
excuse me? how can discussing my sex life be whoring up a baseball thread?  it can only make it better! 
or at least give people something to  :rotf:  about....

Offline morningAngel

« Reply #201 on: September 22, 2008, 08:53:06 AM »
and as long as there is a baseball thread somewhere, I will sully it to the best of my sullying abilities as long as I am capable of sullying so help me Joe Dimaggio!

Offline jendf

« Reply #202 on: September 22, 2008, 09:04:39 AM »
and as long as there is a baseball thread somewhere, I will sully it to the best of my sullying abilities as long as I am capable of sullying so help me Joe Dimaggio!

Red October, BlueStateSaint, WE, and myself are teetering on the edge of mental illness over these pennant races. I would have thought you, as a nurse, would be more concerned.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #203 on: September 22, 2008, 09:18:50 AM »

Red October, BlueStateSaint, WE, and myself are teetering on the edge of mental illness over these pennant races. I would have thought you, as a nurse, would be more concerned.

that'll be the day.  have you ever met a nurse that didn't put the rectal thermometer in the freezer before using it?

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #204 on: September 22, 2008, 09:41:19 AM »
Oh, c'mon you guys... what could be more American than reenacting the scene from Paradise by the Dashboard Light?

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #205 on: September 22, 2008, 11:02:09 AM »
Oh, c'mon you guys... what could be more American than reenacting the scene from Paradise by the Dashboard Light?

Stop right there!  I gotta know right now . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #206 on: September 22, 2008, 03:48:14 PM »

Lemme sleep on it.

Offline morningAngel

« Reply #207 on: September 22, 2008, 03:55:41 PM »

you forgot my other degrees, including psychology with an emphasis on chemical dependency counseling, I am trying to stage an intervention here!  stop the insanity!  One day at a time!  Let go and Let God!  Admit your powerlessness... 

Offline morningAngel

« Reply #208 on: September 22, 2008, 03:56:10 PM »

Lemme sleep on it.
now I am praying for the end of time, to hurry up and arrive....

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #209 on: September 22, 2008, 09:00:30 PM »
Pat Burrell, you magnificent bastard!!!    :cheersmate:

5 to go, ya'll. 

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #210 on: September 22, 2008, 09:05:06 PM »

Lemme sleep on it.

I couldn't take it any longer... God I was crazy when the feeling came upon me like a tidal wave.

Offline morningAngel

« Reply #211 on: September 22, 2008, 09:10:43 PM »

Lemme sleep on it.

I couldn't take it any longer... God I was crazy when the feeling came upon me like a tidal wave.
started swearing to my God and on my mother's grave
I would love you to the end of time

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #212 on: September 22, 2008, 09:39:35 PM »

Lemme sleep on it.

And now I'm praying for the end of time!  :cheersmate:

If the Phils win the division for the second year in a row, it just may be the end of time.  :o 

Offline morningAngel

« Reply #213 on: September 22, 2008, 09:44:17 PM »

Lemme sleep on it.

And now I'm praying for the end of time!  :cheersmate:

If the Phils win the division for the second year in a row, it just may be the end of time.  :o 
you ruined a perfectly good Meatloaf thread by mentioning baseball  :bawl:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #214 on: September 22, 2008, 09:48:01 PM »
Cubs put the hurt on the Mets tonight.  It's bad when the Mets give up a grand slam to the opposing pitcher.  :fuelfire:

Offline jendf

« Reply #215 on: September 22, 2008, 10:31:34 PM »
Wootage! Look out, WE, here we come!  :evillaugh: Go D-backs. Man, this is going to be a bitter battle until the very end.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #216 on: September 23, 2008, 04:22:50 AM »
Cubs put the hurt on the Mets tonight.  It's bad when the Mets give up a grand slam to the opposing pitcher.  :fuelfire:

Tell me about it.  But, Niese is 21 years old, and he'll come around.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #217 on: September 23, 2008, 08:05:29 AM »
Wootage! Look out, WE, here we come!  :evillaugh: Go D-backs. Man, this is going to be a bitter battle until the very end.

this is painful.  I think I would rather be coming from behind than trying to fight a team off (which is where I thought the race would be right now), but we are where we are.

the NL west went to a 1 game playoff last season.  I didn't see any reason why this year would be a cake walk for anyone.  thus, the name of this thread. 

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #218 on: September 23, 2008, 08:46:00 AM »

this is painful.  I think I would rather be coming from behind than trying to fight a team off (which is where I thought the race would be right now), but we are where we are.

the NL west went to a 1 game playoff last season.  I didn't see any reason why this year would be a cake walk for anyone.  thus, the name of this thread. 

Oh, no... you don't want to be down two games with just six to play.  Take it from someone who's missed the playoffs by a game or two way too many times recently, you'd rather be right where you are right now.  When the Cards won the WS in '06, we finished the season with a better record than them, but missed the postseason by a game.  UGH!  No, looking up at someone ain't no fun.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #219 on: September 23, 2008, 09:06:25 AM »

Oh, no... you don't want to be down two games with just six to play.  Take it from someone who's missed the playoffs by a game or two way too many times recently, you'd rather be right where you are right now.  When the Cards won the WS in '06, we finished the season with a better record than them, but missed the postseason by a game.  UGH!  No, looking up at someone ain't no fun.

that is probably just a reflection of how unhappy I am right now with them breathing down out necks. :-)

LA is actually better off than I thought they would be right now.  last month, I thought it would come down to the last week, but I was thinking that we would be trailing right now, and that the Az series in StL would be the Dodgers' one decent shot at the end to make up some ground.

finishing the season at SF is weighing more and more heavily upon me.  throw the standings out the window when LA and SF play at the end of the season, and one team has an opportunity to send the other team home for the postseason.

Offline jendf

« Reply #220 on: September 23, 2008, 09:33:38 AM »

I have to agree. While I'm excited that the D-backs are making it interesting, the Dodgers' fate is in their hands. All we can do is keep winning and hope they slip up.

Offline jendf

« Reply #221 on: September 23, 2008, 09:36:01 AM »

that is probably just a reflection of how unhappy I am right now with them breathing down out necks. :-)

LA is actually better off than I thought they would be right now.  last month, I thought it would come down to the last week, but I was thinking that we would be trailing right now, and that the Az series in StL would be the Dodgers' one decent shot at the end to make up some ground.

finishing the season at SF is weighing more and more heavily upon me.  throw the standings out the window when LA and SF play at the end of the season, and one team has an opportunity to send the other team home for the postseason.

That will be interesting. I'm guessing the Giants really aren't too keen on letting the Dodgers win a trip to the postseason on their home turf. Winning to ruin someone else's chances is a great motivator.  :evillaugh:

Offline jendf

« Reply #222 on: September 23, 2008, 12:42:53 PM »
My name was drawn in the postseason ticket lottery! I have 4 tickets to Game #1 of the NLDS.

If you don't mind, WE, I would really like to go to this game and watch the D-backs. Could you pass that message along to the Dodgers for me? I'm sure they would understand.  :-)

Offline morningAngel

« Reply #223 on: September 23, 2008, 08:06:38 PM »
My name was drawn in the postseason ticket lottery! I have 4 tickets to Game #1 of the NLDS.

If you don't mind, WE, I would really like to go to this game and watch the D-backs. Could you pass that message along to the Dodgers for me? I'm sure they would understand.  :-)
:fuelfire: :fuelfire:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #224 on: September 23, 2008, 08:23:03 PM »
That will be interesting. I'm guessing the Giants really aren't too keen on letting the Dodgers win a trip to the postseason on their home turf. Winning to ruin someone else's chances is a great motivator.  :evillaugh:

The Giants and Dodgers have been knocking each other out of the playoffs since Moses first said "Let my People Go -- PLAY BALL!"

It is a special hate we have for each other. A pure hate, unsullied by any remorse or kind thoughts.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.