Author Topic: Here's The Part I have A Hard Time With  (Read 712 times)

Offline Willow

• Limousine
Here's The Part I have A Hard Time With
« on: August 31, 2008, 07:24:32 PM »
If a storm is bad enough to evacuate a million people what in the hey are all those reporters and weathermen doing there. Surely they don't make that much money do they?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Here's The Part I have A Hard Time With
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 07:31:40 PM »
If a storm is bad enough to evacuate a million people what in the hey are all those reporters and weathermen doing there. Surely they don't make that much money do they?

Every one of them wants to be like a weather Wolf Blitzer.  They are hoping to be part of some dramatic footage that will launch their "real" career and get them the hell out of the field.

Seriously -- it is a cutthroat business but the rewards if you crash through the wall are legion -- look at the millions perky katie has racked up with no talent at all.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Here's The Part I have A Hard Time With
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 07:33:33 PM »

there are places in NO that are safe from flooding.  most of the french quarter, ironically enough.

but I get your point.