Author Topic: These Airlines Have Banned Fabric Face Masks on Planes  (Read 864 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
These Airlines Have Banned Fabric Face Masks on Planes
« on: August 21, 2021, 08:05:31 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215766776

Mask snobs!!  And dumb ones at that.  :rofl:

SheltieLover
These Airlines Have Banned Fabric Face Masks on Planes

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/airlines-banned-fabric-face-masks-170556011.html

Snip

"The safety of our customers and employees is our first priority. Fabric masks are slightly less efficient at protecting people from infection than surgical masks," the company wrote in a statement.

Finnair isn't alone in banning cloth face masks. Air France and Lufthansa have each mandated medical masks be worn, prohibiting fabric masks and those with exhaust valves.

LATAM Airlines has also banned fabric and reusable face masks on domestic flights within Chile, allowing only surgical masks with three layers, KN95, and N95 masks. The carrier also requires doubling up on face masks for passengers connecting in Lima, even if they remain on board the aircraft.

Snip

While cloth face masks are generally allowed in the United States, several domestic carriers have restricted other kinds of face coverings with many banning features like exhaust valves. Delta Air Lines prohibits bandanas, scarves, masks with exhaust valves, and any masks with slits, punctures, or holes. Similarly, United Airlines bans bandanas and specifies a face shield alone is not considered adequate protection.

More at link.

Will schools and municipalities follow suit? 

Enjoy!!  They’re eating their own and have zero knowledge of how masks work.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: These Airlines Have Banned Fabric Face Masks on Planes
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2021, 08:57:35 PM »
I have to ask if this same band of DUmmies was so adamant about gays wearing condoms during the aids pandemic....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2021, 07:55:40 AM »
 :lmao:  :rotf: LOL! :rotf:  :lmao: Perhaps DUmmie SheltieLover doesn't fully understand the article (s)he posted. Let me use myself as an example. The masks I use most often (when required, not as a Panic-Fashion statement) are homemade, of two layers of cotton fabric. They would not be accepted on the few foreign carriers listed in the article, but would be acceptable on US carriers (and were, without comment, in airports and aboard planes during my recent multi-stop trip to KC). Pretty much all that US carriers decline to accept are things like bandannas, scarves, and neck gaiters (aka runners' buffs).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2021, 11:01:52 AM »
Panic-Fashion

This is what it's really about with the proggies.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 12:02:15 PM »

This is what it's really about with the proggies.

Yup. A simple search on the size of the virus particles vs size of fabric weave proves out the lie that masks are.

When I absolutely had to go to my doctor to get an essential prescription renewed, I wore a gaiter. Told him it was worthless and was told ‘no, they help’, I rolled my eyes so hard I could see my brain.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2021, 12:11:32 PM »
I am actually glad someone is taking the mask crap halfway seriously. I mean, in general they really won't do much overall. However, requiring those kinds of masks instead of just anything to satisfy the mask BS, makes more sense.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2021, 01:53:58 PM »
I am actually glad someone is taking the mask crap halfway seriously. I mean, in general they really won't do much overall. However, requiring those kinds of masks instead of just anything to satisfy the mask BS, makes more sense.

This, I can agree with!!  It shouldn’t have ever been turned into a fashion accessory/theater.

If everyone was wearing what they needed to actually wear, it wouldn’t matter if it had exhaust ports. Wearing it, fit for it, and using it correctly. Otherwise I don’t want to hear about it. I don’t do stuff ‘just because’.

KC

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2021, 02:02:06 PM »

This, I can agree with!!  It shouldn’t have ever been turned into a fashion accessory/theater.

If everyone was wearing what they needed to actually wear, it wouldn’t matter if it had exhaust ports. Wearing it, fit for it, and using it correctly. Otherwise I don’t want to hear about it. I don’t do stuff ‘just because’.

KC

When authorities said that cloth masks such as gaiters, handkerchiefs or even ones made from T-shirts met the mask requirements, that told me it was about controlling people, not health.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2021, 02:18:22 PM »
When authorities said that cloth masks such as gaiters, handkerchiefs or even ones made from T-shirts met the mask requirements, that told me it was about controlling people, not health.

They had a thread on the DUmp the other day where they were shocked to learn you needed to be clean shaven for a real mask to work. Lord have mercy.

I’d argued with a guy on Instagram about that a year ago. Told him unless he shaved his mask meant nothing. He told me I didn’t know what I was talking about … oh well.

KC

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2021, 02:23:39 PM »

They had a thread on the DUmp the other day where they were shocked to learn you needed to be clean shaven for a real mask to work. Lord have mercy.

I’d argued with a guy on Instagram about that a year ago. Told him unless he shaved his mask meant nothing. He told me I didn’t know what I was talking about … oh well.

KC

We had a safety quiz at work regarding different masks, ranging from dust masks to face suckers.  Most of that crap I remember from the early 80's in the navy.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2021, 02:32:34 PM »
Even now, there is nothing, ANYWHERE including these restrictive private enterprises saying HOW the mask is to be worn.  Even BEFORE they dropped the requirement her in Irving, TX workers at all the retail stores except the cashiers all war the masks under their noses.  Meaning they are not wearing them at all.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2021, 03:31:46 PM »
Even now, there is nothing, ANYWHERE including these restrictive private enterprises saying HOW the mask is to be worn.  Even BEFORE they dropped the requirement her in Irving, TX workers at all the retail stores except the cashiers all war the masks under their noses.  Meaning they are not wearing them at all.

That's my point. The masks do little to stop the spread of anything, but they get people used to taking orders.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2021, 04:11:07 PM »
That's my point. The masks do little to stop the spread of anything, but they get people used to taking orders.

Yup. I was asked to leave a restaurant I walked into for lunch because I had no mask. I started to leave when a guy walked in with his mask under his chin because he was talking on his cell phone. The girl didn’t say a word to him.

I turned around and told the girl I was going to sit at a bar table and I seated myself. I enjoyed my lunch and left.

I don’t do stupid very well.

KC

*Stolen