Author Topic: What do you consider rock?  (Read 6233 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
Re: What do you consider rock?
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 02:48:24 PM »
I still listen to Back in Black every night while I'm working out. Always get the blood pumping.

I just started back working out, so if I post a picture on here anytime don't be shocked.  You can't tell it yet. 

Oh crap..you said the magic word--PICTURE.  :-)

Not the secret word!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2008, 02:49:56 PM »
You folks are so lost.  Rock was conceived in the 1950's and came to life in the five years between 1964 and 1969.  During that short period in time we went from "I Wanna Hold You Hand" to "We are all outlaws in the eyes of America.  In order to survive we steal, cheat, lie, forge, ****, hide, and deal".

Not lost, but the genre has expanded and diverted over the years, Undies. My daddy grew me up on that and my mother did some work for a band during that time(no, not like that :whatever: :-)) My dad's 45 and LP collection were extensive. I grew up on all kinds of stuff.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2008, 03:48:33 PM »
You folks are so lost.  Rock was conceived in the 1950's and came to life in the five years between 1964 and 1969.  During that short period in time we went from "I Wanna Hold You Hand" to "We are all outlaws in the eyes of America.  In order to survive we steal, cheat, lie, forge, ****, hide, and deal".

Not lost, but the genre has expanded and diverted over the years, Undies. My daddy grew me up on that and my mother did some work for a band during that time(no, not like that :whatever: :-)) My dad's 45 and LP collection were extensive. I grew up on all kinds of stuff.

Hmm.  I did some band work too.  What's your mom's name?  No, I will not submit to any blood test.  You are not my child.   :o

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2008, 04:53:09 PM »
I guess I'm getting at that age.  I'm 32, I turn on the radio and what they play as rock, now, is Good Charlotte, Maroon 5, and assortes poppy crap.  What happened to the Pearl Jams, Nirvanas, STP's of the world.  I thought rock was coming back with Disturbed, Linkin Park, even Creed.  I really thought about this last night watching the trailer for Rambo (Let the Bodies Hit The Floor)  Am I just getting old?

Yes. Sorry.  :old:

Welcome to the "old" club!

I must be getting there.  I find myself less and les interested in music.  I don't have the patience to listen to anything new, and what I do hear isn't worth paying money for.  Even the new Slayer album bites. 

RIP "music".   :(
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2008, 05:06:12 PM »

I must be getting there.  I find myself less and les interested in music.  I don't have the patience to listen to anything new, and what I do hear isn't worth paying money for.  Even the new Slayer album bites. 

RIP "music".   :(
Yep -- and the more the RIAA squuezes it's grip, the more star systems will slip through its fingers. 

"cRap" has no shelf life. In the long run it will be the death of popular music, since the studios need catalog to survive.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.