Author Topic: Where are the articles of impeachment?  (Read 432 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Where are the articles of impeachment?
« on: January 11, 2021, 08:39:25 PM »
Baltimike (3,178 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214891015

Why didn't they impeach him? They've adjourned until tomorrow.
wtf is this toothless, "we implore Mike Pence to use to 25th amendment" bullshit.

Where are the articles of impeachment?

What is the crime? Just like your last attempt- this will fail.

Star Member ok_cpu (1,597 posts)

1. Didn't they need unanimous consent to present articles today? n/t

NQCowboy68 (20 posts)

17. The UC failed as it was always going to do.

They will introduce a resolution tomorrow for floor vote for the 25th and Pence gets 24 hours from that. So he is really getting 48 hours. We won't see anything on impeachment until at least Wednesday.

onetexan (8,584 posts)

36. The CNN reporter i heard earlier did say it's all but certain they will impeach him as Dems have 217

sponsors alone. So it will be done.

Star Member pwb (6,451 posts)

4. Rules and procedure must be followed.

Star Member Chin music (8,994 posts)

9. Says who?

We are basically at war for the soul of our country. Suspend the GD rules.
Th gop side steps rules regularly...and they still remain who they are and haven' skipped a beat.
Rules are what they count on us following.

:censored:

luv2fly (789 posts)

14. Nah, follow the rules

Look where not following the rules has gotten the Republicans. Not a model we want to emulate.

18. I'm disinclined to agree w that.

We as Americans matter. We are in crisis. 4000 more people may die today. Hundreds of thousands more will contract the disease.
We had 4 days to gavel in for 5 minutes. That was disappointing in my book. I get the reason why. I also get that thousands of brigands stormed the Capitol. Stole Nat Secrets, and trashed the hallowed grounds of The Peoples House.

:whatever:

Every photo I see of this is about 50 or so people, milling around. The 'violent' riots are of about 20 people... The trash!? Likes like one trash can got nocked over in the rotunda. Some papers thrown around in one set of offices...

a far cry from this:

... and of course.. the Qanon ****head...

Star Member StarfishSaver (12,620 posts)

34. You know who else thinks they're in a war and that justifies breaking laws and rules?

The people who stormed the Capitol the other day.

One of the ways you can tell us apart from them is that we don't assume that rules only apply to other people or that we get to decide when to follow them and when to break them.

:rotf:

Star Member pwb (6,451 posts)

21. I have been to war and this is not war. Come on.

You want to act like them? Not me. Patience always works out for me. Things that are good move slowly. IMO.

:yawn:

5. That 5 minute pro forma should've happened on Saturday.

Hugely disappointing. trmp will finish his term.
Let's quit kidding each other.

I personally hope Trump makes the left's life miserable for the next four years...

Baltimike (3,178 posts)

11. indeed. But Moscow Mitch wasn't putting it to the floor until the 19th anyway.

but he will be the only president impeached twice. Hopefully, he won't get intelligence briefings anymore.

:whatever:

Star Member StarfishSaver (12,620 posts)

28. This has been explained on this board ad nauseum

Yet you and others seem insistent on ignoring us, determined to believe the House Democrats aren't as smart or committed or aware of the urgency as certain people on DU are.

If they could have done it sooner, they would have done it sooner. In short, the process did not allow for this to be done on Friday or Saturday. There are notice requirements and other reasons.

Frankly, I'm tired of explaining it, as I'm sure others are, as well. Here's the House Rules Manual. All the information you need to answer your questions is in there. Read up. https://rules.house.gov/sites/democrats.rules.house.gov/files/116-House-Rules-Clerk-V2.pdf

Star Member Dem4Life1102 (3,085 posts)

24. Pelosi knows what she is doing

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Star Member Demsrule86 (50,792 posts)

37. It is the only way to get him out now...impeachment won't do that.

We don't have votes to convict which means we won't stop him from running again either. I will never understand why there is this belief the impeachment is the be all end all...what happened after his first impeachment? He declared victory.

:yawn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Where are the articles of impeachment?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 09:48:54 PM »
A bunch of petulant children.   They stole the election thru massive election count misconduct but still aren't happy and want to unseat a legitimate president who committed no crime a week before his term us up.

What needs to be investigated is the seditious  act pelosi committed when she told Military leaders to limit President Trump's nuclear authority.   This should be seen as sending a message to potential enemies that there would be no response in kind if they were to initiate a nuclear attack on the U.S.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 01:22:02 AM »
Surely no one expects that impeachment, conviction, and imprisonment is going to satisfy the Democrats and primitives.

There was a primitive once, now gone onto another time and place, the Las Vegas Leviathan, who weighed a quarter of a ton and was bedridden so his wife had to wipe his ass for him.  The guy had an insatiable appetite, surely at least 6000 calories per day, purchased with food stamps and other welfare.

He just couldn't give up eating; the more he ate, the greedier he got.

- - - - -

He reminded one of a certain ancient Greek god Erysichthon, who once ordered all the trees in a sacred orchard to be cut down.  For this sacrilege, the other gods punished him by granting him an unfulfillable appetite.

Food acted like fuel on a fire: The more he ate, the hungrier he got. Erysichthon sold all his possessions to buy food, but was still hungry. At last he sold his own daughter Mestra into slavery. Mestra was freed from slavery by her former lover, who gave her the gift of shape-shifting into any creature at will to escape her bonds.

But he ended up eating his own daughter too.

Erysichthon used her shape-shifting ability to sell her numerous times to make money to feed himself, but no amount of food was enough. Eventually, Erysichthon consumed himself in hunger.

- - - - -

The curse of this fat bloated god has afflicted the Democrats and primitives, with a Hate for President Trump so strong, even the death and quartering of his body and jamming his head on a spike, will not satisfy them.

They'll hate and hate and hate until they've hated themselves into nothingness,

Too bad for the primitives.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 01:25:29 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 10:18:14 AM »
Excellent analogy, frank.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen