Author Topic: I am actually getting nervous  (Read 174 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I am actually getting nervous
« on: November 19, 2020, 02:10:52 PM »
https://democraticunderground.com/100214582895

Proud liberal 80 (2,567 posts)

I am actually getting nervous

I knew Trump would act like this once he lost and I knew republicans would be complicit, but damn this is crazy....Michigan alone is getting crazy and Biden won that state more comfortable than any other of the states trump is trying to steal....it’s not a given that the State canvassers will certify the vote because it has the same partisan 2-2 makeup as the County canvassers and one of the republicans has already stated he has concerns and wants an audit.

Edit- and I don’t trust the SCOTUS

I think they  are finally understanding there may be an issue!  I don't have time to bring anything over, but post titles looked interesting.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
  • ^^^chilling
Re: I am actually getting nervous
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 01:18:42 AM »
Question.

If the Biden-Harris ticket is so confident they've won, how come Kamala hasn't yet resigned her Senate seat?

Keeping it until the last minute would make sense if there were some important votes coming up, but that doesn't look likely in this case.  Besides, by not resigning, she's depriving her successor, another California Democrat, of an opportunity to attain seniority.
apres moi, le deluge
Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you
Life is short, and suddenly you're not there any more

Give Republicans a yard, and we take an inch

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: I am actually getting nervous
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 06:44:52 AM »
Question.

If the Biden-Harris ticket is so confident they've won, how come Kamala hasn't yet resigned her Senate seat?

Keeping it until the last minute would make sense if there were some important votes coming up, but that doesn't look likely in this case.  Besides, by not resigning, she's depriving her successor, another California Democrat, of an opportunity to attain seniority.

Yes sir!  Good point. You would think people would listen when Trump tells them something big is coming. He’s got an inside track when he says stuff like that.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen