Author Topic: Everyone please welcome Mphsfan  (Read 5668 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Everyone please welcome Mphsfan
« on: August 27, 2008, 07:24:27 PM »
Dixiebelle's fellow alum.  :cheersmate:

I "think" you may have came over from NCAABBS?

Welcome aboard!

From: A Rebel who DOESN'T hate Memphis. We work well together here.  :-)

One Admin, me, is a Rebel, one Wretched Excess, is a USM grad, and a global Mod is a Tiger.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline mphsfan

• The Decider
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: Everyone please welcome Mphsfan
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 07:31:57 PM »
Rebel!

I had no idea that you were an admin; I followed one of your smileys over here.  Here I am trying to find my way around and you've already started a thread with my name.  Thank you for the welcome. 
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 07:34:14 PM »
Welcome!  :cheersmate:
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 07:39:32 PM »
Rebel!

I had no idea that you were an admin; I followed one of your smileys over here.  Here I am trying to find my way around and you've already started a thread with my name.  Thank you for the welcome. 

ugh.  another tiger. :whatever: :uhsure:

welcome to CC. :-)

Offline mphsfan

• The Decider
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 07:40:53 PM »
We work well together here.  :-)

We work well together in the "political forum", too!     :cheersmate:
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 07:47:27 PM »
Welcome!
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 08:42:50 PM »
So we have a Minneapolis fan here.

Just out of curiosity, not unkindly meant, that's up in Minneapolis to be a fan of?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 09:07:21 PM »
Dixiebelle's fellow alum.  :cheersmate:

I "think" you may have came over from NCAABBS?

Welcome aboard!

From: A Rebel who DOESN'T hate Memphis. We work well together here.  :-)

One Admin, me, is a Rebel, one Wretched Excess, is a USM grad, and a global Mod is a Tiger.

Hehehe!

Rock on Tigers! :-)

I was born and raised in Memphis (and MS) and went to "Tigher High" back when it was still called MSU. I must admit to not following U of M like I should though.

Welcome and enjoy CC!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 09:28:01 PM »

Just out of curiosity, not unkindly meant, that's up in Minneapolis to be a fan of?

Damn Frank, MEMPHIS.  :-)

I.e.

Oh, and all of these are avatars here at CC.  :-)

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 09:33:23 PM »

Damn Frank, MEMPHIS.  :-)

I.e.

Oh, and all of these are avatars here at CC.  :-)

I knew that, but I like to twit.

Actually, my bete noire are those college football fans who steal "USC" from Southern California and "OSU" from Oklahoma State, erroneously thinking those acronyms aren't in use already.  And the people from Tennessee who swipe "UT" from Texas.

edited to italicize "bete noire;" sorry about that.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 09:35:12 PM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 09:35:23 PM »
USC is the University of South Carolina. UT is the University of Tennessee. Doesn't everyone know that? :stirpot:

:-)

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 09:36:03 PM »
Holy moley, another member! Welcome!!11!!  :cheersmate:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 10:27:59 PM »
Welcome!

You are pretty much speech free here -- even pissing off Reb only gets you chastisement (good thing, he is easy to piss off ;) )

Really, welcome :)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 10:28:58 PM »
USC is the University of South Carolina. UT is the University of Tennessee. Doesn't everyone know that? :stirpot:

I thought USC was So Cal and UT was University of Texas.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2008, 10:47:15 PM »
Welcome!

You are pretty much speech free here -- even pissing off Reb only gets you chastisement (good thing, he is easy to piss off ;) )

Really, welcome :)

Mphsfan knows I can take a lickin'. I'm one of the first Admins at NCAABBS and he sees me take shit all the time.  :-)

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 10:52:29 PM »

....and you thought wrong.

U-Texas, established 1883

U-Tennessee, established 1794

U-South Carolina, established 1801

U-Southern California, established 1880.

As you can see, TENNESSEE has Texas beat by 89 years, South Carolina has Southern California beat by 79 years.

I.E.!

UT = University of TENNESSEE

USC = University of SOUTH CAROLINA

GO SEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:nutkick:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 11:23:08 PM »

....and you thought wrong.

U-Texas, established 1883

U-Tennessee, established 1794

U-South Carolina, established 1801

U-Southern California, established 1880.

As you can see, TENNESSEE has Texas beat by 89 years, South Carolina has Southern California beat by 79 years.

I.E.!

UT = University of TENNESSEE

USC = University of SOUTH CAROLINA

GO SEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:nutkick:

Well, you certainly can join the MSM in favoring the South and the East in its coverage.  To get more than page 4 in sports coverage, a West team needs to not only beat a team from those gawdforsaken places, but needs to win by +21

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 11:29:28 PM »
Greetings!

:)

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 11:32:43 PM »
Well, you certainly can join the MSM in favoring the South and the East in its coverage.  To get more than page 4 in sports coverage, a West team needs to not only beat a team from those gawdforsaken places, but needs to win by +21

You are out of your f'n mind and SERIOUSLY projecting, DUmmie-style. MSM favors the south? Are you f'n kidding me? Are you REALLY a sports fan? The MSM is in LOVE with the Big 10 and PAC-10. UGA is ranked, per Sagarin's Strength of Schedule, as #16. If you look at their schedule, you'll KNOW that's a buncha bullshit.

The SEC gets DOGGED on by the MSM. It's why we're stuck in NC's with such weakass teams.

Get ****ing real, Freedumb.  :whatever:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 11:38:10 PM »

You are out of your f'n mind and SERIOUSLY projecting, DUmmie-style. MSM favors the south? Are you f'n kidding me? Are you REALLY a sports fan? The MSM is in LOVE with the Big 10 and PAC-10. UGA is ranked, per Sagarin's Strength of Schedule, as #16. If you look at their schedule, you'll KNOW that's a buncha bullshit.

The SEC gets DOGGED on by the MSM. It's why we're stuck in NC's with such weakass teams.

Give me a ****ing break!  ALL the national sports press is weighted south and east.  They opine about Southern Slackjaw U  more often than anyone in the West other than USC or maybe, in a good year, UCLA.  The other 3,000+ colleges and universities in so cal, much less the rest of the west, get ignored.

You can pretend to be hillary and say the MSM is ignoring you, but it just ain't true.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2008, 11:40:25 PM »

Give me a ****ing break!  ALL the national sports press is weighted south and east.  They opine about Southern Slackjaw U  more often than anyone in the West other than USC or maybe, in a good year, UCLA.  The other 3,000+ colleges and universities in so cal, much less the rest of the west, get ignored.

You can pretend to be hillary and say the MSM is ignoring you, but it just ain't true.

I knew this was going to happen the second I saw FD's post. :-)

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 11:41:16 PM »

I'm not SAYING they're ignoring us. I'm saying they TRY to marginalize us. Hell, they CAN'T ignore us when a southern D-II team goes INTO the Big House and defeats a D-1A Michigan.

The MSM is NO fan of the SEC. They ALL kiss the ass of the Big-11 and PAC-10.

The other 3000 colleges in the state of California are of no concern to me. How many have D-1A football teams? Not that many? Yeah, what I thought.  :whatever:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 11:59:19 PM »
I knew this was going to happen the second I saw FD's post. :-)

If I had a dime for everyone who THOUGHT that...

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2008, 06:21:44 AM »
Didn't Sports Illustrated leave Memphis State completely off the cover during finals one year?? Uh huh.... :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2008, 07:40:54 AM »
Didn't Sports Illustrated leave Memphis State completely off the cover during finals one year?? Uh huh.... :-)

They dropped the "State", Dixie.  :-)

Been a while, eh?  :-)