Author Topic: Reporter finds 'graveyard of mail sorting pieces' at USPS location day after sab  (Read 610 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member LiberalArkie (12,890 posts)

Reporter finds 'graveyard of mail sorting pieces' at USPS location day after sabotage was suspended
Wednesday August 19, 2020 · 1:35 PM CDT

Here’s a cautionary tale from Grand Rapids, Michigan, where an investigative reporter for WOOD-TV tweets that Postmaster General Louis DeJoy’s sabotage of the U.S. Postal Service continues.

“Internal sources say mail sorting machines are being dismantled at downtown GR post office,” reporter Heather Walker tweeted Wednesday. “Process started yesterday. Order came from Postmaster General DeJoy.”

Process started yesterday—the same day that Trump-appointed Postmaster General Louis DeJoy supposedly said he would “suspend” the changes he’s been implementing that have slowed mail delivery to a crawl across the country. DeJoy issued the statement after news of his efforts to hamstring mail delivery drew front-page headlines across the country last week, but he also said nothing about reversing the measures he’s already taken to date.

Michigan Attorney General Deborah Nessel responded to Walker’s tweet: “When people asked why we were determined to continue our lawsuit against the Postmaster General despite his "promise" to discontinue efforts to dismantle the USPS-this is why.”

Snip

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/8/19/1970646/-Reporter-finds-graveyard-of-mail-sorting-pieces-at-USPS-location-day-after-sabotage-suspension

It was already in the fiscal plan for the year 2020 I would imagine. You don't change shit in the government world if you've already planned it, payed for it, allotted the workers and man-hours for it.

Plus, this is from the DailyKOS... so... it's lies...

Star Member malaise (213,312 posts)

10. This is ****ing criminal

Where are the arrests?

again... what's the criminal statute?

15. No seriously he has to be locked up

sabotaging the Post Office for personal profit - this is criminality on steroids and it is also a violation of the Constitution.

What the **** is going on?

Can you quote exactly what law was broken and when, by whom?

Star Member Hoyt (44,793 posts)

5. Did they add any after removals were called off? We still have at least 3,800 sorters in action.

We need to vote and quit trying to convince people their votes won't count.

“The office has been flooded with calls for the past few days,” said Katie Hobbs, the secretary of state of Arizona and a Democrat. “The concern I have is that, like any campaign of misinformation, it attempts to undermine voters’ confidence in our process.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/17/us/politics/postal-service-voting.html

DeminPennswoods (9,205 posts)

9. Isn't Grand Rapids full of Republican voters?

I know the stats say Rs are far more likely to vote in person on election day, but Trump can't afford to lose any votes.

Well, **** them, then.

Star Member peggysue2 (6,691 posts)

11. DeJoy and his boss should be in jail

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

DeminPennswoods (9,205 posts)

9. Isn't Grand Rapids full of Republican voters?

I know the stats say Rs are far more likely to vote in person on election day, but Trump can't afford to lose any votes.

That's what i have been arguing on this all along. 

If we are to buy into the left's narrative that universal mail in voting will ensure that every vote will be counted, won't President Trump be suppressing his own votes if he messes with the postal system? 
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
I saw photos of the sorter they are all freaking out over. In short, its an antique that should’ve been put to pasture a decade ago.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
I forgot to add, this was part of a plan to consolidate mail sorting to major hubs that began a decade ago - During the Obama administration - to ultimately eliminate something like 250 facilities in an effort to reduce operating costs. In short, this is nothing new.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."

15. No seriously he has to be locked up

sabotaging the Post Office for personal profit - this is criminality on steroids and it is also a violation of the Constitution.
What the Constitution says about the post office:
Article 1, section 8
To establish Post Offices
That is it.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline I_B_Perky

I forgot to add, this was part of a plan to consolidate mail sorting to major hubs that began a decade ago - During the Obama administration - to ultimately eliminate something like 250 facilities in an effort to reduce operating costs. In short, this is nothing new.

^^^^ This!   :cheersmate:

These machines will have to work for decades after their functional life span has ended... all because it is damned near impossible to procure new improved machines.  Not that they aren't available, it's because the post office ain't got the money due to their mandate on funding OPEB like 75 years in the future. So they continue to maintain what they have and chances are at a cost that is higher than a new machine.

At some point one of three things has to happen:

1. More revenue, the source is irrelevant
2. Cost cutting
3. some combo of 1 and 2

It is simple freaking math!!!  Look dummies, it isn't rocket science, it is a simple math problem.

If you require X amount of money to pay your workers, which you have to, and only have Y amount of money, then Z, which is X - Y will have to be made up elsewhere in the organization or layoffs will occur.  This comes before fixed assets.

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
If you can protest you can vote in person.
If you can stand in line at Walmart, Target, Safeway or to get food at any restaurant you can vote in person.
If you can go to the beach, parks or Starbucks you can vote in person.
If you can riot, loot, pillage and hold big parties at LA mansions you can vote in person.
If you can have a political rally disguised as a funeral with no masks or social distancing you can vote in person.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe