Author Topic: Screw it. If my father can board a ship to fight the Axis powers,  (Read 641 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member Ilsa (55,824 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213883502

Screw it. If my father can board a ship to fight the Axis powers,
then I can don my mask and go vote in person. The wait usually is not long, and my vote will be counted for Biden on election night, instead of not getting counted because trump found a way to shut down vote counting.

I'll have my wipes and lysol spray handy, too.

God, I hate dictator wannabees.

So Brave.

So Stunning.

:whatever:

Star Member NBachers (12,747 posts)

1. My tradition: 1. Vote in person; 2. Reward myself with a Mission Street San Fran burrito.

That's how I'll be doing it this year.

I vote. Then I go back to work.

progressive nobody (220 posts)

2. Believe it or not but my husband and had been worried Trump would do something

And we planned on voting at the poles. Before all this B.S. With the mail. Both of us will be masked. I will be gloved up and have hand sanitizer. I am also thinking of doing a good stock up weekend before or day of election. I am in the middle of readingS Trump's book. We are going to see a bully with massive power and enablers have a tantrum. Thankfully I am working from home and hopefully it won't change. But if it does I am saving time to take that week off. Maybe I am paranoid but I am going to be safe as possible. (On tablet sorry for any mistakes/suspicions I miss.

:yawn:

doc03 (24,999 posts)

3. I vote early at the county board of elections. I have never had to wait one minute.

Check in, pick up my ballot and vote, in and out in less than 5 minutes. Of course I am in a rural county it may not be so easy elsewhere.
I go to Walmart, Kroger and buy take out food I wear a mask why should we be afraid to vote.

:loser:

Star Member LuckyLib (6,153 posts)

38. I live in an urban area of almost 3 million. It has never taken me longer than 5 minutes to vote.

Seeing folks in Georgia and Florida in line for hours in the heat and humidity makes my blood boil. Those people desperately trying to suppress the vote are working overtime and we ALL have to speak out -- even if we're not personally experiencing it.

I rant to congress people daily via email. I don't know if it gets anywhere, but I feel like I tried to have my say.

mindfulNJ (2,075 posts)

4. I will vote in person too.

We live in a very small town and we've never had to wait more than 10 minutes. Our tradition is to get up super early when the polls open, vote, go out to breakfast and go visit a historic place. In 2016 it was the Minuteman trail in Lexington/ Concord. We will probably just go home this time though.

Star Member lpbk2713 (38,327 posts)

5. I won't get an "I Voted" sticker unless I vote in person.

As long as Trump doesn't cancel that out.

But seriously folks, I have always voted on election day since 1964. No need to change now.

So, you are at least 74 and still don't know jack shit...

Star Member steve2470 (35,795 posts)

7. I think I will drive down to the local elections office and turn in my mail-in ballot in person

God knows when it will get there with the USPS so messed up by Trump.

:thatsright:

Star Member Lars39 (23,116 posts)

9. We early voted one year...two hour wait.

I’m in red state hell so I’m going to vote absentee.

::)

Star Member qwlauren35 (4,710 posts)

17. Our state is short on poll workers.

Many polling places are going to be closed. The lines are going to HORRENDOUS.

You know it's bad when our state pays people to work the polls, and we still can't get enough poll workers.

The pollworkers in Maryland are typically in their 60's and 70's, so they are probably scared to work the polls this year.

I was planning on voting in person, but now, I think I will drop off my ballot. I'm waiting for the Governor to announce the drop-off locations.

If I don't get my ballot on time, though, I will pitch a fit.

Star Member ecstatic (27,109 posts)

21. I'm leaning towards EARLY mail-in. We have brand new voting machines

and I don't want any issues with my vote being flipped to Kanye.

Buckeye_Democrat (7,314 posts)

29. Absentee for me.

I'm afraid of someone putting an "I Voted" sticker on me, loaded with the Covid cooties!

I'm kidding about that, but I'll probably vote absentee.

Star Member BadgerMom (1,862 posts)

37. So much the same here.

My dad’s WWII experience has come to my mind, too. I can vote early in person. I’ll go on a weekday afternoon, masked, gloved and with several Lysol wipes. But then I know my vote will be tallied for Biden the night of 11/3.

Volaris (7,658 posts)

39. Dictator wannabes are soooo much worse than actual dictators, arent they?...

No commitment to Cause, amiright??

(On Edit) my grandfather was a first generation, american born GERMAN family immigrant. He spoke fluent german, and was well-served by that fact when his B17 was shot down
BOMBIMG THE **** out of real nazis in Germany. He was (so much as such a thing used to exist) a New Deal, Eisenhower Republican. Hes gone now, but I PROMISE you, hes wishing every heavenly curse that can be imagined upon Donald Trump.

:mental:

Eyeball_Kid (4,883 posts)

40. And it isn't a surprise, is it? We can see the suppression.

I don't know why the entire nation isn't outraged. But they aren't.

I think that the entire nation will get outraged if millions get evicted and the market drops off a cliff. Once people get kicked out and are on the street, they likely would have given up all of their possessions and left them for the landlord to clean up and solicit for other renters. So the evicted have nothing and they'll have to re-build and they'll know that Trump did this to them. Amid all of this chaos, which is Trump's unique skill at creating, a pandemic is raging and killing off those who cannot physically contain the virus.

This is what we have in store for us in a few short weeks unless the GOP and Trump stop playing with themselves get to work.

BComplex (2,623 posts)

56. I'm going to vote in person. I have a choice between two awful options:

1) Vote in person EARLY VOTING, hoping not to run into a swarm of unmasked voters, and hope that russians aren't hacking the computers that tabulate the votes.

2) Vote by mail and gamble that the post office actually delivers my piece of mail, or that somehow the republicans in our state don't remove all the official looking Dept. of Elections envelopes from certain heavily democratic voting areas.

20 years after the 2000 election, which was STOLEN by the republican supreme court, we would have stabilized voting in the un-United States. This is a travesty.

:mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline 67 Rover

Re: Screw it. If my father can board a ship to fight the Axis powers,
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 10:19:19 AM »
Quite a few assumptions that Biden will still be the candidate when election day arrives.  So many wasted early votes.  :-)

No do overs!
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 12:59:14 PM »

2. Believe it or not but my husband and had been worried Trump would do something

And we planned on voting at the poles.

I didn't know strip clubs also doubled as polling places...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 02:45:56 PM »
Just drop your ballot in the slot!
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 09:16:19 PM »

now that heelsup kameltoe has joined the ticket, a pole dance is right up their alley,
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 01:04:28 AM »

God, I hate dictator wannabees.

No you don't DUmbass. You're lying and I can prove it. You love dictator wanabees. If you didn't you wouldn't vote for Democrats.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2020, 05:34:35 AM »
Star Member Lars39 (23,116 posts)

9. We early voted one year...two hour wait.

I’m in red state hell so I’m going to vote absentee.

So we’re messing up somewhere, guys. We’re only supposed to be suppressing DEM votes!!  Our people never have to stand in line, only the Dems. We need to find this location and fix it.

It’s funny, all the DUmmies scream for mail ballots because that’s what they’ve been told to scream for now and they’re finding ALL the ways this is a bad idea, but somehow that’s not their fault. LOL.

They’re so stupid.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2020, 06:42:45 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213883502

Screw it. If my father can board a ship to fight the Axis powers,
then I can don my mask and go vote in person.

Not seeing a connection here.  I'm have no doubt her father was disappointed in her, though.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2020, 01:30:13 PM »

And we planned on voting at the poles.

Turns out Kamaltoe Harris votes (well advances her career) at poles too.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.