Author Topic: Man fires at officers with AK-47 after refusing to wear a mask  (Read 572 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://democraticunderground.com/100213850136

God these people are idiots.

SunSeeker (40,914 posts)

Man fires at officers with AK-47 after refusing to wear a mask

When a cigar shop clerk told Adam Zaborowski on Friday he had to wear a mask in the shop, the 35-year-old angrily refused. Instead, he grabbed two stogies, stormed outside — and then pulled a handgun and shot at the clerk, Bethlehem Township, Pa., police said.

The next day, cornered near his home, Zaborowski allegedly fired at police with an AK-47, sparking a wild shootout with at least seven officers that ended with him shot multiple times and under arrest.

The case is the latest violent incident tied to arguments over mandatory mask orders. But Zaborowski’s reaction was driven by his own intense difficulty with the pandemic, his attorney claimed; before the shootout, Zaborowski had lost his job and had also recently lost custody of his child

“He just wasn’t dealing well with the loss of his job, the loss of his child, just not handling the pandemic well,” John Waldron told the Express-Times on Sunday, while noting those factors didn’t justify his violent conduct. “I think he was getting stretched too tight.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/08/03/mask-mandatory-pennsylvania-shooting-police/

And as predictable as the sun rising in the east ...

mr_lebowski (14,893 posts)

1. Lemme guess ... white man, perchance? (nt)

RT Atlanta (2,434 posts)

30. thank you for saying this

we all know if the ****er is still alive, he's white.

ms liberty (5,996 posts)

2. I'm feeling like this guy must have been white, the story doesn't end with him dead

I hope he gets the help he needs.

gratuitous (70,200 posts)

4. "I think he was getting stretched too tight"

Mr. Zaborowski was lucky he didn't grab some Swisher Sweets. That's a capital offense in some parts of the country. But at least he was able to get access to firearms. Easier to do that than get help for a mental health crisis.

There you go with the Michael Brown LIE.  I thought you people lived on a diet of TRUTH.  LOL

stillcool (28,408 posts)

10. he got shot in the buttocks and the leg..

and is expected to recover. I didn't know police knew how to do that? By rights, he should have been shot 10-12 times, at least.

SunSeeker (40,914 posts)

12. Right?

PSPS (9,632 posts)

17. Fake news. According to DU experts, it is impossible for cops to shoot anywhere that isn't lethal.

stillcool (28,408 posts)

21. that's only when they're shooting black people...

their aim is completely different with white people, and they must have less bullets. Maybe a black gun and a white gun?

hack89 (38,499 posts)

33. If the cops had 9mm handguns and shooting from a distance

Then no surprise. Handgun wounds are surprisingly survivable if the head or vital organs are missed.

Polybius (4,012 posts)

35. I'm sure they tried to kill him but failed

There's no way anyone takes it lightly when they are being shot at with an AK-47.

Crunchy Frog (21,933 posts)

32. They must have been REALLY lousy shots.

I'm always reading on here that cops are trained to shoot to kill, and never, EVER aim to disable someone nonlethally.

They must have been aiming for the head and trunk, and just screwed it up.

BGBD (772 posts)

38. I watched a shootout once from my office window.

half a dozen cops, each shot problem ~15 rounds. They hit the guy once total, but it was in the head and he died on the spot. I walked down there after they clear out a few hours later, it was like a warzone. Bulletholes in windows, brick, poles, everywhere.

Afromania (2,554 posts)

15. He's dead right? I KNOW they shot his ass like 79 times?????

He just wasn’t dealing well with the loss of his job, the loss of his child, just not handling the pandemic well,” John Waldron told the Express-Times on Sunday, while noting those factors didn’t justify his violent conduct. “I think he was getting stretched too tight.

Of course, he's white. He's still alive.

Meanwhile, I break down in the middle of a highway at night and need to pray that I don't get "help" from the police.

SunSeeker (40,914 posts)

16. They shot him 3 times, but hit his butt & legs, so he'll live. Who knew aiming at legs was possible?

Grins (2,948 posts)

20. He did what?

“(He) grabbed two stogies, stormed outside...”

You mean like Michael Brown Jr. in Ferguson, Mo? And the cops didn’t shoot him dead?

Was he white....?

I think that DUmmie left a little, just a tad, off of the Michael Brown story, but I'm white so ...

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

Re: Man fires at officers with AK-47 after refusing to wear a mask
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 07:42:17 AM »
Did he have a high capacity extended clip with Teflon bullets for that automatic assault rifle of war?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 08:29:49 AM »
Did he have a high capacity extended clip with Teflon bullets for that automatic assault rifle of war?

No kidding.  These people have obviously never been around a firearm of any kind, yet they're all experts.  These are the people who think they should be in charge of our gun laws without any knowledge.  I think we should break it all down.  They don't think men should have any say in abortion laws (even though without men they wouldn't have to worry about it because there would be absolutely zero babies to abort).

How about;

Whites get no say in anything having to do with POC
Blacks/Latinos get no say in anything having to do with whites
Non gun owners get no say in anything having to do with guns
Atheists get no say in anything having to do with any religion

Etc, etc, etc ...

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 03:41:57 PM »
This sounds like an attempt at suicide by cop. I just searched and read 5 different stories about this.

Witnesses at the tobacco place said he fired 2 shots in the air and one at the building.

7 cops were involved in the "shootout" where the perp had a handgun and the AK-47, yet only 1 cop received any injuries, and they called it an injury, not a gunshot wound.

Doesn't sound like he was trying to hurt anyone but himself.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 07:28:21 AM »
The store (Cigars International) where this happened is where I buy my cigars, been there a few times. Big store, very friendly and helpful staff, two BYOB lounges usually with FOX on the tube.

The local media had this on their on-line news. Family members were responding to negative comments, defending the perp and offering excuses. The comments were after a day or so disabled.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 07:42:46 AM »
The store (Cigars International) where this happened is where I buy my cigars, been there a few times. Big store, very friendly and helpful staff, two BYOB lounges usually with FOX on the tube.

The local media had this on their on-line news. Family members were responding to negative comments, defending the perp and offering excuses. The comments were after a day or so disabled.

Uh ... how do you defend THAT?  I mean at some point people have to wake up and realize sometimes people do bad shit and there are consequences.  Even people who are normally just regular people sometimes snap, and do really, really, bad stuff.  I always told my kids if they ended up in jail, don't waste your call on me, unless you killed a pedophile, then by all means hit me up for bail and a ride.

KC

*Stolen