Author Topic: Tuesday...all day  (Read 3160 times)

Offline jtyangel

Tuesday...all day
« on: January 22, 2008, 05:47:00 AM »
One of those days where the holiday has me off. It's snowing this morning and kids are back to school.

I have little to add this morning...kind of a blah morning.

TOTD: Someone else...

Offline Flame

Re: Tuesday...all day
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 08:25:38 AM »
Kids are back in school today after being home for 5 days!  But I'm picking my daughter up just ater 11...they are on a finals schedule, and her last test is over then.  If she stayed at school it would just be "supervised study hall" for the rest of the day...so I'll being her home and let her do some laundry instead!  :-)

My brain is tired.  I'm trying to figure out how to send her away for the summer training.  I feel like this:  :banghead:

And I feel like I'm not beign fair to the boys, spending so much on her doesn't/wouldn't leave much left over.

TOTD:  What is the most unusual thing you have in your purse right now?  Or in your desk at work??

Offline Lauri

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 08:43:57 AM »
TOTD: I have a glass grain elevator paperweight from my husband's home province of Saskatchewan sitting on our desk.

"100 years!"

that's all it says on it. its about four inches high... and heavy as a brick.

very cold here again...

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 08:48:46 AM »
The hills around us got some snow here.  Another cold, rainy day expected.  Half the office was out for the holiday yesterday, so today won't be so quiet.  There have a been a series of issues on the cases I'm working on at work, and my first ever real job review is tomorrow, so I'm mildly stressed :p

TOTD:  I have a canister of Nuun tablets in my purse (you drop them in a bottle of water, they dissolve, and it becomes a low sugar, low calorie gatorade type drink.)

Offline jendf

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 09:51:33 AM »
It's a gorgeous day in Phoenix. High is expected to reach 62 today. I'm in an exceedingly chipper mood today.

TOTD: I have a calorie book, a tiny notebook, and a calculator all rubber-banded to together. I'm keeping track of my total calories consumed during the day. Trying to lose some weight. I'm a fatty.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 10:20:54 AM »
It's cold here in the DFW area, 31 currently where I live.  Burrrrrr  My blood has definitely thinned since living in Omaha.  31 in Omaha is almost like a spring day.  Moving to Tulsa, then Phoenix, then Lake Havasu and finally Dallas has made me lose my ability to stand truly cold weather.

I cleaned my house yesterday because my friend from high school was coming through Dallas on her way home with her kids.  Well I had forgotten that I had to cancel the cleaning people the day my husband was sick last week and that they were rescheduled for today.  So now they are recleaning my clean bathrooms.   ::)  My youngest now has what my husband had and stayed home from school today.

TOTD:  I bought three new lip plumping lip glosses from Bath and Body yesterday 75% off.  :yahoo:  Anyway, they are all in my purse still in the boxes they came in.  I guess that isn't so odd....

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 11:37:15 AM »
TOTD: A mini football.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Lauri

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 11:58:56 AM »
It's cold here in the DFW area, 31 currently where I live.  Burrrrrr  My blood has definitely thinned since living in Omaha.  31 in Omaha is almost like a spring day.  Moving to Tulsa, then Phoenix, then Lake Havasu and finally Dallas has made me lose my ability to stand truly cold weather.

I cleaned my house yesterday because my friend from high school was coming through Dallas on her way home with her kids.  Well I had forgotten that I had to cancel the cleaning people the day my husband was sick last week and that they were rescheduled for today.  So now they are recleaning my clean bathrooms.   ::)  My youngest now has what my husband had and stayed home from school today.

TOTD:  I bought three new lip plumping lip glosses from Bath and Body yesterday 75% off.  :yahoo:  Anyway, they are all in my purse still in the boxes they came in.  I guess that isn't so odd....

they sell limp plumpin stuff at BB&B??? I never knew that..

although they are now selling these cool gel mats there that i need to check out.. i hate ugly kitchen floor mats. i wont buy them.

these gel mats are great colors.. totally go with my kitchen.

www.gelmats.com

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 12:00:55 PM »
TOTD: a tape measure. I always carry one with me.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 12:46:46 PM »
It was my nephews birthday yesterday and I went to Peter Piper Pizza with them.  I was exhausted after work and being around the boys. 

Today I have a ton of work to do, and here I am having to relieve the receptionist for lunch.   :banghead:

TOTD:  My purse is little, I only have my wallet, cell phone, two packages of Trident Gum (melon & mint), mini bottle of Aveeno hand lotion, and Burt's Bee lip balm.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 01:26:10 PM »

although they are now selling these cool gel mats there that i need to check out.. i hate ugly kitchen floor mats. i wont buy them.

www.gelmats.com

No, Bath & Body Works.  Not Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 05:14:36 PM »
Craptastic day at work.  ****in' douchebags. 

TOTD:  I don't have a desk anymore.:bawl:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 05:16:49 PM »

Where do you sit?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 05:24:33 PM »
TOTD: Anything unusual in my purse? Hmmmm.... *starts digging*  Receipts, no...gum...nope,  credit/debit cards...nope... free little compact from Chevy (a MIRROR compact, not a car.  LOL )  oh good Lord, I can't believe I still have this thing, but there IS a story behind it.

Just before the holidays, I stopped in at the Mall of Georgia to shop.  In the center of the mall, on the lower level, they had a 2008 Chevy Malibu on display (this was BEFORE my car trouble).  I stopped to take a look, because I thought it was very attractive.  The Chevy people had just arrived for the day, and gave me a tour of the car, and some freebies (which included the compact).   Of course, they also gave me a form to fill out, as the car was being raffled off.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 05:35:21 PM »

Where do you sit?

I have a workbench and a pile of tools.   :whatever:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 05:51:01 PM »

Where do you sit?

I have a workbench and a pile of tools.   :whatever:

Those bastards!!!

Offline Lauri

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 06:06:28 PM »

www.gelmats.com

No, Bath & Body Works.  Not Bed, Bath and Beyond.

ah, i see...   i never go in that store.