Author Topic: "Vote as if your skin is not white"  (Read 547 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
"Vote as if your skin is not white"
« on: May 18, 2020, 09:04:49 PM »
Star Member Stuart G (26,330 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213445024

................"Vote as if your skin is not white" One sentence only
(found on the internet..somewhere, someplace?) Sorry, if this is a repeat & has been posted before

.......An interesting sentence to inform others...
________________________________________________________________________________________

.....Vote as if

your skin is not white,
your parents needs medical care,
your friend is a missing indigenous woman,
your spouse is an immigrant,
your land is on fire,
your son is transgender,
your house is flooded,
your sister is a victim of gun violence,
your brother is gay,
your water is unsafe,
your daughter is a sexual assault survivor.

:thatsright:

EndlessWire (962 posts)

1. Sticking a little racist remark in there against whites, are they?

We need to stick together! Put your burden down! Here is our chance to forget about skin color. It does not matter what you are if you are under the yoke of tyranny.

We all know that terrible things have happened in the past. We need to do better, but lumping every white person into a negative category *because their skin is white* and asking them to forget that they are white is nonproductive.

All our skin color is now BLUE.

:yawn:

WhiskeyGrinder (7,875 posts)

2. And what of the other recommendations in the OP?

White people, in the aggregate, tend to vote Republican; particularly white women.

EndlessWire (962 posts)

6. Okay, let's address this.

The OP found a single line on the internet, and expanded it to include several other categories. All of that is of interest, particularly gay rights which Trump has enabled to be trashed. The juxtaposition of the reversals still contain a racist remark about white skin. There is just no way around it.

All I'm saying is hey, let's include everyone in our lives and protect each other. Maybe we won't have to pretend we are something else in order to understand why giving up prejudice against what amounts to simple differences in our individual beings would be a good thing.

We are ALL going to be slaves to Trump if we don't defeat him.

I have watched my individual attitudes erode throughout the last 2 - 3 years to where I am experiencing the same sad-but-true anger against those that voted for Trump as everyone else. But, it has nothing to do with the color of their skin. It has to do with their ignorance.

Where did you get your stat that the aggregate of white people tend to vote Republican?? In particularly, white women??

:whatever:

WhiskeyGrinder (7,875 posts)

7. "Vote as if your skin is not white" is not a racist remark.

Race strongly correlates with voting preferences in election after election. White voters tend to vote Republican. Black voters overwhelmingly do not.

Oh, really? Try it the other way around:

Vote is if you are not a poor black a the Democrat urban city hellhole...

Not racist!

:-)

meadowlander (2,211 posts)

4. How is the original sentiment

"lumping every white person into a negative category"?

It's saying "imagine what you would do if you were not white". It's not making any claims about "all white people act in a certain way or believe a certain thing".

You could just as easily say "what would you do if you were white in a country where the majority of people, and almost all of those in power, were not white?"

It's a question about the power dynamics not the specific qualities of any particular race.

:whatever:

EndlessWire (962 posts)

5. No, it's not.

It absolutely implies a negative viewpoint of white skin. It is just as racist as anything said against black skin, or any other color skin.

Prejudice is a two-way street. To hold a prejudice like this is to carry a burden that you don't need. All humans would be healthier and happier if they would lay this burden down and give it up. Just leave it by the side of the road and move on.

We are watching the destruction of our country, a country that has never been perfect, but we had made inroads on this issue and were at least a little bit better. Along comes Trump, and now the dialogue is this dismal, 40s and 50s-style crapola. I submit that the push back against this should include an END to all this ignorant posturing between the races.

You don't need to imagine anything against yourself. Just imagine that your neighbor will help you the same way that you will help him. We will stick together no matter what.

I'm not saying to forget the wrongs done. But continuing this generations-long hatred is not productive. It's better to include everyone positively in the trenches.

:popcorn: ... and yes... I already alerted on this obviously NAZI troll...

Star Member Solomon (10,202 posts)

8. Er, it's not racist.

It's not.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Delmar

Re: "Vote as if your skin is not white"
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 09:24:53 PM »
Response to WhiskeyGrinder (Reply #2)Mon May 18, 2020, 09:56 PM
Amishman (2,506 posts)
9. How about we stop trying to jam race into every single discussion

It's needlessly divisive and counterproductive

They couldn't stop if they tried.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 10:48:11 PM »
I....I...am.. just speechless.  The stupidity...I.. just can't.. I'm speechless.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 08:24:20 AM »
Vote as if you weren't virtue-signalling to the DUmp Choir.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.