Author Topic: Liberals: Sick Or Evil?  (Read 664 times)

Offline bijou

Liberals: Sick Or Evil?
« on: August 26, 2008, 05:10:34 PM »
Monday, August 25, 2008Liberals: Sick Or Evil?
Evan Sayet is bang on about the militant nihilism at the heart of modern liberalism. The only thing I'd add is that liberals also love the feeling of superiority they get from sneering at those bumpkins with their stupid 'morals'. Consider their latest baby seal: Gary Glitter.

Liberal elitism is plenty annoying at the best of times, but supporting child rape is a new low even for them. Needless to say, that's not quite how the left describes their position. The liberal butt monkeys are out in force - so called because of their habit of penning articles announcing that 'of course, we all agree that child rape is bad BUT....'.

Personally, I'm thinking 'of course, we all agree...' is the liberal equivalent of 'I'll be honest with you...'. Maybe the right should start using the same formulation for addressing issues we have no intention of doing anything about, as in 'Of course, we all agree arts funding is too low/class sizes are too big/social workers don't get enough respect'?

Actually, that's giving the left too much credit. It's not just that they don't want to turn up the heat on nonces, they objectively side with the paedophiles. Look at the proportion of liberals in the MSM (approximately 100%) who denounce anti-paedophilia activism as 'hysteria'. Really? What would be the correct reaction to child rape? Apathy? Ironic detachment? Warm applause? And if the abduction and subsequent sexual torture of a child doesn't raise any hackles on the left, what would? The assailant having a cigarette afterwards?

Incidentally, I'm thinking that if you're are intending to cast yourself as an iconoclast standing up to the mob, that probably requires more than spouting the self-same talking points as everyone else in the MSM. Just how much uniformity does it take for liberals to stop pretending to be Henry Fonda in 'Twelve Angry Men'?

http://houseofdumb.blogspot.com/

Well worth reading, he puts it so well.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Liberals: Sick Or Evil?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 05:11:48 PM »
Why can't they be both?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 05:24:08 PM »
Speaking personally, I'll start to believe the illness made 'em do it just as soon as someone can show me a case where these crimes were committed in sight of a uniformed police officer. Until then, it seems like they can resist their impulses just fine when they need to.

DING DING DING DING!!!!

This guy hits it ON THE HEAD!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Donpeyote

• Schade's friend
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 03:31:25 PM »
 They are suffering from White guilt (Even the colored ones) :popcorn:

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 02:06:15 PM »
Sounds like they got a personality problem. Mental illness can be controlled and even treated at least.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du