Author Topic: Archbishops Scold Biden, Pelosi on Abortion  (Read 720 times)

Offline Willow

• Limousine
Archbishops Scold Biden, Pelosi on Abortion
« on: August 26, 2008, 02:30:06 PM »
By Bill Sammon

Irked by pro-choice Democrats who tout their Catholicism, the archbishop of Washington is chiding House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for misstating church history and the archbishop of Denver is warning vice presidential hopeful Joe Biden not to take Communion.

The unusual public rebukes come as both Pelosi and Biden are talking up their faith in a bid for swing voters as Democrats stage their national convention in Denver. In an interview Sunday, Pelosi claimed to be an expert on the church’s abortion stance.

“As an ardent, practicing Catholic, this is an issue that I have studied for a long time,” Pelosi told NBC’s Tom Brokaw, who had asked her when life begins. “And what I know is, over the centuries, the doctors of the church have not been able to make that definition. And St. Augustine said at three months. We don’t know.”

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/26/archbishop-of-washington-chides-pelosi-denver-archbishop-warns-biden-to-skip-communion/

Now what? Nancy? Joe? This is what we call "between the debbil and the deep blue sea" or "between the rock and the hard place."    :rotf:

Offline thundley4

Re: Archbishops Scold Biden, Pelosi on Abortion
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 02:34:40 PM »
It tends to piss me off when these Dems profess their faith and some go  as far as to say they are "Personally against" against abortion, but they believe the womans right to own her body trumps their belief.  :banghead:

Offline Airwolf

Re: Archbishops Scold Biden, Pelosi on Abortion
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 02:46:33 PM »
It didn't take them long to rebuke the Dems on this. Rush was right again the Chuch wasn't about to let Skeletors comments go without a smackdown. I just  wished it had come from the Pope himself.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"