Author Topic: Bernie jumps ship. sort of. waiting to get good deal on new house...  (Read 495 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
highplainsdem (29,220 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287699310

Sanders just said he'll stay on the ballot, continue gaining delegates to give him as much leverage
as possible over the party platform.

Just now on MSNBC,

also on DU...

Congratulations to our presumptive Democratic nominee, Joe Biden!

:loser:

Star Member The Velveteen Ocelot (81,710 posts)

2. Oh, FFS. What leverage?

Everyone on DU must wear their party badge... or else...

If I were to vote in a presidential
primary today, I would vote for:
JOE BIDEN

onetexan (5,181 posts)

24. The DNC needs to kick his butt off these ballots. I'm so tired of their ineptitude when it comes to

Sanders. Enough already!

Star Member MineralMan (130,759 posts)

29. The States control their ballots.

DNC has nothing to do with it. In most states, the ballots still include multiple candidates who have dropped out. Voters know what to do about that, generally.

:cheersmate:

Star Member wryter2000 (38,510 posts)

142. I wish

If they do that, whoever might want to run as a Dem could run as an independent. Imagine the harm Bernie could do if he were to run in November. All his fans would vote for him, and Trump would win easily.

It's galling to have to put up with this, but a third party or independent candidate could do much worse.

:-)

onetexan (5,181 posts)

157. BS has already done harm either way. We can't control factions from starting up parties. They can do

this regardless. All we can control is NOT to allow a non-Democrat to run on our ticket

LongtimeAZDem (4,281 posts)

76. True, but the DNC can revoke his priveldge of being the nominee

:???:

81. That will happen as a matter of course on the first ballot at the Convention. Of that I'm certain. Will Sanders' name be put up in nomination? Probably. He will have enough delegates for that to happen, so it probably will. However, it will be clear that Biden has a majority of delegates. He should be nominated by acclamation.

You think the Berniebros are just gonna take this sitting down?!?!?  :rotf:

92. I truly believe that it will be far too late by then, after four more months of "Biden is a rapist"

and other such RF garbage.

I appreciate your attempt at optimism, but I simply cannot share in it.

105. We will have none of that here, though.

It simply will not be tolerated. Shortly, the name of this forum will change, and the owners of this forum will accept Joe Biden as the presumptive nominee. Such statements about the nominee will not be permitted without consequences.

What happens elsewhere, of course, cannot be controlled. The voters, however, will understand who the nominee will be, and will act accordingly, I believe. This election season belongs to Joe Biden and Donald Trump from now on.

AND... DU goes into fascist mode...

107. If he is staying on the ballot to gain delegates, the primary isn't over :(

111. But it is over.

Senator Sanders' delegate count will not grow a great deal. Joe Biden will have a majority of delegates well before the convention. Most voters will not cast their vote for someone who has withdrawn from the race. A few might, just as a few are still voting for other candidates who have withdrawn. Bernie Sanders will have difficulty reaching the 15% threshold in most states and will thus win no delegates or only a few in some districts.

Voters know who is still running and most will not waste their votes on those who are not.

When primary voting resumes, and it will, you'll see.

Star Member LiberalFighter (39,532 posts)

78. Mineral Man is right.

The DNC does not control what happens in state primaries. I've been saying that for a long time when people kept saying the DNC was manipulating the primaries. Anyone that has any knowledge of elections would know that is not true.

The DNC does not determine how a candidate gets on the ballot.
Each state have their own requirements. Petitions and/or filing fees.

The DNC does not determine the deadline candidates must file by.
The states do.

The DNC does not decide when or where primaries are held.
The states and local government does.

The DNC does not assign election workers to conduct elections.
The county election boards and in some cases city government does.

The DNC does not determine the rules and requirements in running elections.
The state election division or equivalent does.

As for removal of a candidate from the ballot. The DNC does not have that power.

Removal from the ballot at the state level is determine by state code and I do not believe there is a law in any state that provides for automatic removal from the ballot when a candidate suspends their campaign for a primary. It would be different if it was for the general election. For a candidate to be removed from a primary ballot would in most cases require someone filing an appeal due to a candidate not meeting specific requirements.

Magoo48 (1,591 posts)

58. Leverage to apply in order to build a more progressive platform, of course.

62. He has no leverage any more, and Biden's positions are, in fact, prgressive.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Magoo48 (1,591 posts) <------ not wearing party badge...

122. Speculation and horseshit

Aquaria (1,045 posts) <--- wearing party badge...

139. Reality that has been demonstrated, already.

And has proven how full of shit BS and his berntrash are when it comes to anything related to reality.

Why don’t you ask the backbencher from Vermont how his state’s bid for single-payer played out? In a state that could have easily made it happen, since it has such a small population.

Because it was an epic fail, in case you didn’t notice.

Employers didn’t want their taxes going up by a quarter, and taxpayers didn’t want up to 9.5 increases in their state taxes to pay for it.

But you keep living in la-la land where it’s easy to make all that happen on a population 52800% larger than Vermont’s.

At least I have a real world example of an attempt at a real single payer attempt in the US to cite, while you have, hm—only speculation.

So who is full of horseshit now?

Aquaria (1,045 posts)

77. The platform is as or more liberal

Than BS. Has been for decades now.

That’s what he and his loonier minions are incapable of comprehending.

Star Member LisaM (25,076 posts)

61. Elizabeth Warren was still on the Washington ballot on March 10th.

As dearly as I wanted to vote for her, I didn't waste my vote by throwing it away I voted the way the party told me too. I wanted Bernie Sanders in the rear-view mirror, so I voted for Biden.

violasays (15 posts)

4. He truly is a selfish man

Wow. I'm very surprised so many in my age group love this man. I'm hoping Gen Z wakes up soon. This is really so selfish.

Star Member Me. (27,987 posts)

64. If The Primaries Are Over Doesn't He Become An Independent Again?

and drop the illusion of being a Dem? How will he be listed in the Senate...as an I or a D?

violasays (15 posts)

65. Who do you think you're speaking to?

I turned 18 on March 21. I have been waiting to cast my first primary ballot and now it's moot because I live in Pennsylvania and we have our nominee. Senator Bernie Sanders has shown himself to be selfish, and it's my generation that he's supposed to be courting. I support the Democrat in this race. He is our nominee.

:thatsright:

Star Member Peacetrain (19,951 posts)

8. Not me but us..

seriously.. this is going to be 2016 again.. sheesh, I had hopes for about 5 minutes

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Star Member Demsrule86 (42,123 posts)

15. No endorsement...continue the fight ...accrue delegates- asking kids to risk their lives for him so

he has 'leverage'...**** just ****. Sanders continues to disappoint. I despise him.

Star Member aeromanKC (1,583 posts)

17. A true Democrat would work to unite the party

In order to keep the focus on the real issue of beating Trump.

Star Member NoMoreRepugs (3,447 posts)

56. 50 replies/comments so far - ZERO from the Bernie supporters??

Not poking the bear, just want to hear the rationale comments of the bro’s and gal’s.

Its because they know that soon the round up of the Bernie-bros will begin... just like in 2016...

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Bernie jumps ship. sort of. waiting to get good deal on new house...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 03:32:32 PM »
Let the purges of Bernie Bros commence... :popcorn:

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Bernie jumps ship. sort of. waiting to get good deal on new house...
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 03:58:52 PM »

2. Oh, FFS. What leverage?

He wants nasty nan to polish his knob in exchange for going away!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :-) :-) :-) :-) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!