Author Topic: A Shitty Stinky Bouncy...  (Read 462 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
A Shitty Stinky Bouncy...
« on: February 11, 2020, 10:40:18 PM »
Star Member Stinky The Clown (61,129 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212980165

I had an interesting encounter with a Trumper today.

Suffice to say he was a highly educated, intelligent professional. Our encounter was in a professional, albeit informal, setting.

I had on a Navy Veteran ball cap and a **** Trump t-shirt under a quarter zip fleece. In truth, I forget it was the t-shirt I was wearing today. For a reason I won't share, I had to take off the fleece. Until then, I had no idea this guy was a Trumper. He saw my shirt and instantly asked me (challenged is a better word) who I would vote for.

Knowing where the conversation was about to go, and being very much undecided, I thought the best way to **** with him was to give him a curve ball. In that I was wearing the shirt I was wearing, I figured he was thinking I was some wild eyed liberal. So I said Bloomberg. That stopped him for a moment, but he came back with "yeah, the guy wants to overturn the Second Amendment" to which I replied "I bet you liked him before he changed teams." He chuckled and softened a bit at that. "Yeah, I guess you're right."

"Did you vote for Obama?"

"Yes"

"So you think his blah blah blah blah . . . . . ?"

"That was policy. Policy is a fair thing to debate."

"So why don't you like Trump?"please.

"Let me give you a very recent example. Just a few days ago, in a speech from the White House that was televised and likely seen around the world, he used the word 'bullshit'. From the WHITE HOUSE. That's disgusting. I didn't serve so a man can get elected and debase the office. He talks like a mobster. He's just plain embarrassing."

"Well, I don't like all he does either . . . . . blah blah blah blah . . . . ." All the wind was out of his sails.

I have no doubt his mind was unchanged. But I DO know the argument about Trump's manner, demeanor, deportment, character, etc., will shut these people up.

Once they shut up, some of them may at least listen. Maybe.

Maybe not

:loser:

Semi-professional setting wearing a t-shirt... AND a NAVY hat...

:whatever:

Star Member uponit7771 (60,768 posts)

3. ***THEY HATE THE TWEETING 100%*** If you want common ground set with a Trumper they...

... all hate the tweets and you can build from there.

uh... no.  :whatever:

UniteFightBack (7,737 posts)

5. And I bet there is a lot of sane pukes who would vote for a Michael Bloomberg.nt

I'm betting pretty soon not event the DNC types will be voting for Bloomberg...

Star Member Drahthaardogs (5,812 posts)

7. They LOVE his horrible behavior.

They are all wannabe tough guys.

I grew up on a ranch with 1000 head of cattle. I rode, roped, branded, castrated, drove tractors, carried rifles, all of it. I knew real cowboys who did it for a living. I was friends with rodeo competitors (I could never do that - not skilled enough).

The men and women I knew were honest, kind, and generally good. These wannabees all want to show how tough they are.

Funny thing is, when you're trying to convince an animal that outweighs you by 1200 lbs, being tough doesn't help. Being smart and fair does though.

:thatsright:

Of course, it's a little hard to bullshit me. I grew up on a working ranch. Moved back after 30 years. We lease the land out now that Dad is mid-80s. I don't know anyone who grew up a 'cowboy' that is a leftist.

Cracklin Charlie (7,735 posts)

10. My husband told me that the Trumpers in his bowling league Were all talking about the courage shown by Senator Romney in his remarks before Congress before the vote in the Senate. Several of them had googled, and watched, his entire speech.

We both took that as a very encouraging development.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Star Member SlogginThroughIt (500 posts)

11. To trumpers with kids I say....

To trumpers with kids I say, he is not what I want my child to aspire to be. His actions, mannerisms and words are not what I want my child to model his behavior after. How can I be ok with him as a president when he is not fit for my child to watch him on television?

That works. They are stuck with him and there is nothing they can do about it. Sometimes one of them will say something about PC this or that but generally they agree he is uncouth.

:yawn:

diva77 (4,798 posts)

14. Do you think it would have been possible to ask if he or his family had a pre-existing condition?

And whether he hoped to collect Social Security checks? Or was he too menacing?

:lmao:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DUmpDiver

Re: A Shitty Stinky Bouncy...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 12:22:52 AM »
So the DUmmie wears a *** Trump T-shirt in public but gets offended if Trump says the word BS?

No irony there.

Offline Mary Ann

Re: A Shitty Stinky Bouncy...
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 06:07:30 AM »
Does the DUmmie, who is offended by "bullshit," support Biden, who said that Obamacare was a "big f------g deal?"