Author Topic: Pelosi sees Dems' convention as opening new era  (Read 727 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Pelosi sees Dems' convention as opening new era
« on: August 24, 2008, 06:17:00 PM »
This week, thousands of Americans from across the country will gather in Denver at the Democratic National Convention to nominate our next president of the United States: Barack Obama.

Drawn by Obama's inspirational message of change and committed to moving our nation in a new direction, these Americans will take time off from work and family, and often spend their own money to travel to Colorado for this historic convention. In so doing, we will help write the next great chapter in our nation's history.

California will be particularly well represented by the largest and most diverse state delegation that will deliver the most votes of any state for our next president.

This year, we witnessed a historic Democratic nominating contest. Millions of Americans who had never before involved themselves in politics rallied to the principles of our Democratic Party. Voters were energized by our inspirational candidates and an awareness of how much is at stake for our great nation. We will now gather at this Democratic convention more unified and determined than we have ever been.

As the first female speaker of the House, I will proudly serve as convention chair and call to order a landmark gathering that will nominate Obama for president of these United States. He is truly an agent of change. He represents the best of America and our values.
SNIP
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/08/23/INMS12DB0U.DTL&type=politics

::)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle