Author Topic: A pre-emptive strike on some political myths  (Read 676 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
A pre-emptive strike on some political myths
« on: August 24, 2008, 04:58:40 PM »
First up, you just KNOW Karl Rove is going to be cited often, whenever any sort of political shenanigans come up. If he's not blamed for a particular stunt, then it will be "inspired" by him or described as "Rovian" or "nowhere near what Rove pulled."

So let's get a few things out of the way that Karl Rove had nothing to do with -- some purely Democrat-on-Democrat attacks.

Willie Horton. Yes, Bush The Elder did benefit from this one, and the late Lee Atwater did use it most effectively, but it was first brought up by Al Gore against Mike Dukakis in the Democratic primaries.

Joe Biden's plagiarism. It was longtime Dukakis crony John Sasso who spliced together videotapes of Biden's stump speeches and those of British Labour Party leader Neil Kinnock and had them mailed to a reporter.

The Michelle Obama "Whitey" Tape. This one was most prominently pushed by Bob Beckel. Beckel is a longtime Democratic operative, and was a major Hillary Clinton backer.

"Barack Obama Is A Secret Muslim." I lost count of how many Hillary staffers and volunteers were fired over passing this one around.

"Barack Obama dealt drugs." That particular story took down Bill Shaheen, one of Hillary's national co-chairs.

"Barack Obama was not born in the United States, and is therefore ineligible to serve as president." That one is being pushed by a former Hillary backer, to the point of filing a federal lawsuit to get him off the ballot.

SNIP read it all at:
http://wizbangblog.com/content/2008/08/24/my-blueonblue-heaven.php
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle