Author Topic: Saudi Arabian girl, 8, seeks divorce  (Read 1109 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Saudi Arabian girl, 8, seeks divorce
« on: August 24, 2008, 01:14:27 PM »
The girl, who still does not know she is married, lives with her parents in the town of Unayzah, 135 miles north of the capital Riyadh. The marriage had been arranged in secret by her father.

She is preparing to start the new year at primary school in the town, which is located in the conservative Najd region of the country - the spiritual homeland of the Islamist Wahhabi movement that has long dominated the kingdom.

According to the Arabic-language newspaper Al-Watan, which reported the case, the divorce suit has been filed by the girl's mother.

Her relatives have contacted human rights groups in the kingdom to try to arrange legal help to annul the marriage.

However, the husband has refused, saying he has done nothing wrong.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/saudiarabia/2614442/Saudi-Arabian-girl-8-seeks-divorce.html

Gotta love diversity.  :censored:

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
Re: Saudi Arabian girl, 8, seeks divorce
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 02:14:57 PM »
I should be numb to these stories by now....but everytime I hear a new story...I can't help but :maddernhell:

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 02:23:59 PM »
Well, if you want, here's a Muslim link that, with a long, convoluted series of Qur'an and Hadith references, and different interpretations, waffles its' way around the subject of what America calls pedophilia.

http://www.muslimhope.com/AishaNine.htm

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 02:34:37 PM »
When you read about the Muzzies' heathen "prophet" you quickly see that he was sort of an ancient Warren Jeffs. He made up a phony "religion" solely to guarantee himself young stuff and plenty of it. And it's still working like a charm today.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 03:17:30 PM »
I just have no words......
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 03:48:15 PM »
Yeah look up thighing and islam. :thatsright: :bird:
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill