Author Topic: Obama Biden 2008  (Read 3067 times)

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
Obama Biden 2008
« on: August 23, 2008, 01:11:38 AM »
Now McCain HAS to choose Romney..no way Pawlenty can stand up to Biden in a debate....but Romney can take him.

Let the games begin.. :-)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: Obama Biden 2008
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 01:15:04 AM »
Biden is a member of the CFR.  He may be a gasbag, but you don't spend 30+ years in the Senate without learning a few things.  But do you really want a partisan Congresscritter elected to the position of President of the Senate?
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 01:18:30 AM »
Biden is a member of the CFR.  He may be a gasbag, but you don't spend 30+ years in the Senate without learning a few things. 
Hey may have learned "a few things"...but his learnings are in stark contrast to what I believe in.  However; he has made a few good statements...like when he said Obama doesn't have what it takes to become President.  I agree with him wholeheartedly there.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 01:28:42 AM »
AT one of the democrat debates:

Home > Politics
TRANSCRIPT: The Democratic Debate
George Stephanopoulos Moderates Democratic Debate on a Special Edition of "This Week"
Aug. 19, 2007 
140 comments FONT SIZE   
EMAIL
PRINT

STEPHANOPOULOS: Senator Biden, it seems like your colleagues here don't want to reach the judgment that you've made. Why isn't Senator Obama ready?

BIDEN: Look, I think he's a wonderful guy, to start off, number one. It was about Pakistan we were talking about. The fact of the matter is, Pakistan is the most dangerous, potentially the most dangerous country in the world. A significant minority of jihadists with nuclear weapons. We have -- and I disagree with all three of my friends -- we have a Pakistan -- we have no Pakistan policy; we have a Musharraf policy. That's a bad policy. The policy should be based upon a long-term relationship with Pakistan and stability.

We should be encouraging free elections. There is an overwhelming majority of moderates in that country. They should have their day. Otherwise, they're going to go underground.

STEPHANOPOULOS: But Senator Biden, you did go beyond talking about Pakistan. You were asked: Is he ready? You said, "I think he can be ready, but right now I don't believe he is. The presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training."

BIDEN: I think I stand by the statement.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Decision2008/story?id=3498294

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 06:10:32 AM »
Biden is a member of the CFR.  He may be a gasbag, but you don't spend 30+ years in the Senate without learning a few things.  But do you really want a partisan Congresscritter elected to the position of President of the Senate?

What choice is there this election year???

Though it's on now.........................agent of change my ass
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 06:12:50 AM »
Biden is a big time gun grabber. Gun owners will rally behind McCain. Even the Fudds.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 06:16:40 AM »
I couldn`t have imagined two months ago a better choice then Biden......for us that is.

All this stupid show and spectacle and at the end it seems to have come down to....oh hell lets pick this one,he probably isn`t thinking of running in 2012.

I hope the first thing they ask Biden is about what "change" their ticket is going to bring to the US.
That gasbag won`t be able to keep his mouth shut and maybe will let people know that the change dems want is one of a weakened and marginalized USA,returning completely to the days of Carter and Mondale.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 06:24:55 AM »
AT one of the democrat debates:

Home > Politics
TRANSCRIPT: The Democratic Debate
George Stephanopoulos Moderates Democratic Debate on a Special Edition of "This Week"
Aug. 19, 2007 
140 comments FONT SIZE   
EMAIL
PRINT

STEPHANOPOULOS: Senator Biden, it seems like your colleagues here don't want to reach the judgment that you've made. Why isn't Senator Obama ready?

BIDEN: Look, I think he's a wonderful guy, to start off, number one. It was about Pakistan we were talking about. The fact of the matter is, Pakistan is the most dangerous, potentially the most dangerous country in the world. A significant minority of jihadists with nuclear weapons. We have -- and I disagree with all three of my friends -- we have a Pakistan -- we have no Pakistan policy; we have a Musharraf policy. That's a bad policy. The policy should be based upon a long-term relationship with Pakistan and stability.

We should be encouraging free elections. There is an overwhelming majority of moderates in that country. They should have their day. Otherwise, they're going to go underground.

STEPHANOPOULOS: But Senator Biden, you did go beyond talking about Pakistan. You were asked: Is he ready? You said, "I think he can be ready, but right now I don't believe he is. The presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training."

BIDEN: I think I stand by the statement.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Decision2008/story?id=3498294

That is incredible!  A H-5 for you and I am stealing it to send to all of my email list. :-)
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 11:26:25 AM »
The campaign of Republican rival John McCain wasted no time, immediately producing an ad featuring Biden's previous praise for McCain and comments critical of Obama from an ABC News interview last year. Biden had said he stood by an earlier statement that Obama wasn't yet ready to be president and "the presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training."

"There has been no harsher critic of Barack Obama's lack of experience than Joe Biden," McCain campaign spokesman Ben Porritt said in a statement. "Biden has denounced Barack Obama's poor foreign policy judgment and has strongly argued in his own words what Americans are quickly realizing - that Barack Obama is not ready to be president."
http://www.star-telegram.com/466/story/854428.html
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 12:08:33 PM »
I hereby dub thee "Ooooomama it's a Bidet!"
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 12:50:20 PM »
So, the way to be the "Post Racial" Candidate is to choose a running mate who gets a pass on making racial comments?
What CHANGE is there in choosing a white male VP?
What CHANGE is there in choosing a career politician?
What CHANGE is there in choosing someone who has been in the Senate since 72?
There is a common term to answer the above questions, that term, as you know is BULLSHIT
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 12:50:53 PM »

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2008, 12:52:15 PM »

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2008, 01:45:06 PM »
The McCain campaign had this out before 2AM today...  :evillaugh:

[youtube=425,350]RDVUPqoowf8&e[/youtube]
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2008, 01:49:44 PM »
heh.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2008, 02:26:32 PM »
What a stupid end to an even more stupid suspense act. It seems the Only "change" I see in Obamaland now is the right for the Obamessiah to change his mind whenever he sees fit.

Offline Jim

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2008, 03:32:48 PM »
Change you can believe it ?  I can't believe he's willing to throw himself under the bus !

And I thought HRC was willing to sell whats left of her soul for the job...
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008, 03:40:20 PM »
 :rotf:  McCain's people are on the ball!! Kudos to them for using Biden's word against him on the EXACT day his VP slot is announced...I have to say..he was underperforming a while ago...seems like his team has picked up the pace.:clap

I am looking forward to Romney's announcement. :-)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2008, 03:46:01 PM »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2008, 03:50:39 PM »

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 04:02:02 PM »
Clean and Jerk 08

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008, 04:12:38 PM »
:rimshot:

good one :-)

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2008, 06:43:40 PM »
Thank you BO for handing us the 2008 elections on a platter
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Sadie

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2008, 08:27:53 PM »
Thank you BO for handing us the 2008 elections on a platter

The McCain camp is probably wondering how Obama/Axelrod could be so stupid. President McCain it is...

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2008, 08:29:17 PM »
When I heard Biden attacking McCain, it sounds like Biden is being the President, not Obama. He's arrogant.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du