Author Topic: 86'd on Christmas Day by (ex) boyfriend.. DAMN YOU TRUMP!!!!  (Read 2689 times)

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
86'd on Christmas Day by (ex) boyfriend.. DAMN YOU TRUMP!!!!
« on: December 26, 2018, 02:05:07 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211591669

Wed Dec 26, 2018, 09:02 AM
duhneece (2,783 posts)

86'd on Christmas Day by (ex) boyfriend
I dated Bob 40 years ago, 20 years ago and now we’ve been together for 2 years. While he was apolitical before, he became a strong Democrat and drove me around as I canvassed for our new Congresswoman Xochitl Small. Last night I was at his and his 88 year old father’s house to eat the meal we bought (already cooked) with his right wing, Fox lovin’ sister and ex- girlfriend, who cleans for his father and lives with his sister. Father said prayer and here is where I stoked the fires unnecessarily: I quoted Matthew 2 verse 12 about Jesus Joseph and Mary having to escape violence in their own country and went to Egypt. His sister started fuming, announced no one should leave but should stay and fix their own country. I said I was talking about Biblical story and I turned to the father and asked him about the farmer who used a whip against him. Sister started yelling the uncle (I knew nothing about an uncle) never was violent. Boyfriend never looked at me from the time they walked in. Ex girlfriend never said a word to me. I asked sister if she wanted me to leave, she looked at Bob and told him to tell me to back off. I asked him if I should leave. He said yes. I asked him what I’d done wrong. He said everything. I recognize that I was pushing buttons. I couldn’t help it. I also (unreasonably, unrealistically?) want a man who is loyal to me. I also think the women walked in ready for fight. I’m not even asking for advice or agreement from DU, just expressing my hurt, disappointment (in me and him) I’m trying not to think and obsess about what to do or say, just to be still, grieve over lost relationship and take care of myself. On second thought, I could really use some advice.

advice? Ok, : Stop being a leftist nut, and stop being a bitch.

Response to duhneece (Original post)Wed Dec 26, 2018, 09:15 AM
FreepFryer (4,397 posts)

5. Hope you took the prebought meal with you when you left...
...holiday scenes are tough, and painful, but it’s worse to swallow your feelings along with the cranberries.
This year, there were mixed reviews of my long rhapsodic speech about he who was born this day to truly change the world (Isaac Newton)... but I just think “what would George Carlin do?” And it serves me well.

meh...  they just can't help themselves, can they?

Response to duhneece (Original post)Wed Dec 26, 2018, 09:41 AM
Star Member ismnotwasm (35,588 posts)

15. Emotional pain can easily overcome rational thought

Your boyfriend could have chisen to deesculate, either he didn’t want to or didn’t know how. That being said, Trump loving people are bigots and bring nothing to the table but hatred. I don’t talk to them.
So I figure your relationship is your business, but if your stand up for your principles and your partner doesn’t support you, you all need to have a very long talk, or maybe just get another partner.

ug...

Response to duhneece (Original post)Wed Dec 26, 2018, 09:43 AM
Star Member lunatica (38,737 posts)

17. I suspect your Christmas was about average this year
Trump is tearing this country apart. The holidays bring out the worst in family dynamics even in ordinary times.
Don’t assume your boyfriend is against you. He may be quite upset about his sister and the upsetting scene and may have wanted to leave himself.
Most importantly, you did nothing wrong. It was his sister who was gunning for a fight and she got one!

Response to still_one (Reply #18)Wed Dec 26, 2018, 10:35 AM
Mariana (8,093 posts)

25. Oh, lots of right wing Christians will freak out like that.
They often pretend to believe the entire Bible is right and correct, so they don't like to hear stuff from it that directly contradicts what they really believe.

Funny thing here... not a single one of these DUmpasses actually understand WHY Joseph and Mary were on the move. I wonder if a single one of them has ever read The Bible?

Response to duhneece (Original post)Wed Dec 26, 2018, 10:22 AM
duhneece (2,783 posts)

22. Thank y'all

Iris blue was right on. And I appreciate those who said I was ok quoting Matthew. I ran for office on 2016 against Trump loving opponent this year of new US Congresswoman Xochitl Torres Small. Bob had moved away from me subtly. In spite of listening to and meditating with my new Insight Timer meditation app, I didn’t handle this tactfully and maybe appropriately, maybe not appropriately but that doesn’t matter to what this means in the larger picture .....much of which will emerge in time. I love DU for the feel of another chosen family.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!  Truly...

Response to vlyons (Reply #31)Wed Dec 26, 2018, 12:00 PM
PaulX2 (1,816 posts)

43. Trumpscum Act Like Trumpscum
Let them know they worship Satan and leave if they insult you.
Or take them on for supporting a Fuhrer.

Response to duhneece (Original post)Wed Dec 26, 2018, 11:07 AM
UniteFightBack (609 posts)

33. Sometimes we just want to stir the pot a bit...even if we promised ourselves we wouldn't. It's ok!
So Jesus should of stayed in his country to fix it?????? Coo coo coo coo coo coo
I promised I would be good yesterday and I mostly was. When my rumper bro in law said the prayer he had the nerve to include Jesus refugee blah blah blah as well as a whole lot of other DEMOCRATIC VALUES . I made sure to pipe in when he was done. **** this hypocritical bullshit.

Response to duhneece (Original post)Wed Dec 26, 2018, 11:28 AM
Star Member louis c (7,865 posts)

37. **** Him. You're Right

Last edited Wed Dec 26, 2018, 02:13 PM - Edit history (1)

I have the same problem every Christmas.
My cousin's husband may as well be in the klan. He wore a MAGA hat last Christmas. As it turns out, this bigot just found out his son is gay. To his credit, he has accepted the situation and his son and boyfriend were at the party.
He called me a liberal and started down that racist bullshit and immigration. My reply, "I'm always a liberal because I always support everyone's rights and the tolerance that goes with it. I don't just become a "liberal of convenience" like you because now someone in your family needs that same support that liberals like me give everyone, freely and without reservation."
That ended the discussion and you could hear a pin drop in the room.

oh dear Lord...

In the end, regardless of ALL that is wrong with not only the idiot in the OP, but the gnashing of teeth that follows, I'll put it this way...
I love my wife and I'd move mountains for her. That woman pisses me off to no end at times, but not once would I ever let that get in the way of my love and loyalty...
BUT, if I were ever shocked by having her step between myself and my family and state "it's me or them", she would be hiring an Uber to get home and collect her belongings. Putting someone in that position forcibly is one of the biggest dic* move I can think of, somewhere right below infidelity. That single challenge would erase all, and in an instant.
my GOD I hate DUmpasses...

Offline SVPete

Re: 86'd on Christmas Day by (ex) boyfriend.. DAMN YOU TRUMP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 03:47:44 PM »
1. In going from Bethlehem to Egypt, Mary, Joseph, and Jesus never left the Roman Empire. And their travels broke no law. So there's no analogy between Mary, Joseph, and Jesus fleeing Herod and the illegal immigrants coming to the US, whatever their reason.

2. DUpipo duhneece and ex-BF were shacking up. Stirring up @#$% with BF's family was not merely stupid, it was doubly stupid. And now she is experiencing the consequences of that stupidity.

3. Unless felonies, serious misdemeanors, or fraud are part of the picture, family members should NEVER play us-or-them games with each other. My Mom did that with Mrs. SVPete and I, twice, and she and my Dad (who was an innocent affected party) missed a year of my older daughter's life, and another year of older daughter's and of son's life. My Dad was the peacemaker and reason peace was made. Things got onto a more even keel after that.

Grammar fixed
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 05:00:03 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 04:33:29 PM »
duhneece,
Boy, I can't wait for Christmas so we can get invited out for a holiday celabration and I can act like a complete ass hole and piss everyone off and ruin the day for them!

It is great to be a liberal / progressive dimocrat! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 04:42:50 PM »
duhneece,
Boy, I can't wait for Christmas so we can get invited out for a holiday celabration and I can act like a complete ass hole and piss everyone off and ruin the day for them!

It is great to be a liberal / progressive dimocrat! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

and it wasn't like this before TRUUUUUMP!
Except that it was. These people don't know how to do anything other than be a**holes

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 04:49:09 PM »
Dude pulled off a miracle, dodged a bullet from the same gun twice.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 05:50:22 PM »
Obsession Trumps Manners.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 06:23:19 PM »
President Trump isn't tearing the country apart, liberals are.  Constant anger and unhinged hatred from the left.  Not everything is political.  Yet DUmmies wallow in misery and hate.  Good for them, they deserve it.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2018, 07:00:24 PM »
I guess I'm strange. Politics was not brought up at all at my family get together.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2018, 07:13:07 PM »
The thing is not one year has gone by -- not one year since the island was formed in 2001 -- that several primitives haven't written stories about holiday dinner confrontations they get into about politics. That they can't even go one year without doing it says a whole lot about their lousy dispositions.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2018, 07:24:28 PM »
Dude pulled off a miracle, dodged a bullet from the same gun twice.

No kidding. Anyone who puts their politics above friends and family deserves neither. The ex-boyfriend is better off without the DUmbass in his life.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2018, 07:31:15 PM »
Talk about shovel ready.  This one sure is. :bs:  It seems to have a familiar ring.  Who was the failed bimbo from Christmas past or some other holiday.  Getting my life back together.  Back with the ex.  They all have the same old refrain. 

Now call me crazy but I am begining to wonder if the whole board isn't a Commie 'put up' job.  Even the big man's wife had infilterated Hillary's campaign. :panic: :panic:  What a great way to ferett out the best and brightest.  Get them all on a single board, bleed them dry for the privlidge.  Genius, sheer genius.  Skinner is a deep (or potted} plant or is that Elad?   :tongue:

But yes, I do believe these people exist in  life (or such as they live it).  And more's the pity. :whatever: 

Cue the banjo music.   :rotf:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Karin

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2018, 07:54:50 PM »
This happens all the time.  DUmmies estrange themselves from friends and family, then run to the DUmp.  The DUmp encourages them, saying "**** them!"  But, when the shit hits the fan, as it inevitably will, nobody will be there for them. 

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2018, 08:50:41 PM »
There has been a debate for decades, if not centuries, as to whether the slaughter of the innocents actually happened, or was a "pious fiction" inserted to make Jesus parallel with Moses: there is a tradition from ancient times where the hero must escape death while in childhood.

To be sure, the Jewish-Roman historian Josephus was not real happy about Herod IV's reign, which included a great deal of intra-family murder, and catalogs a good number of the king's crimes.  And yet Josephus mentions nothing about any "slaughter of baby boys."   To be sure, the Romans would not be happy about such a disturbance to their Pax Romana, but possibly such a crime - if it happened - might have escaped their radar.  On the other hand, Herod IV seems to have walked the line properly enough that the Romans left him alone most of the time, even when he was murdering members of his family.  Would the Romans under the first emperor Augustus countenance widespread violence by a client king?  I would say no. 

And yet the Romans had difficulty in finding competent and non-corrupt procurators to handle the area.  One historian says that the situation around the time of Jesus clearly shows Roman mismanagement, with e.g. Pilate showing ambivalence (his handling of the Jesus crisis by sending it to the Romans' client king Herod Antipas was the correct move, since the Romans did not want to deal with religious disputes) in governing the area (his handling of other incidents, however, according to Philo of Alexandria and Josephus, was dreadful).

Anyway, was there a "Flight to Egypt" that could be parallel with the  "caravan" today?  No.   And there is another problem: how did John the Baptist, also a newborn baby only a few months older than Jesus, escape this massacre of baby boys?  The gospels are mute on that subject.  No mention of his escape.

Conclusion:

If Joseph and Mary did go to Egypt, they probably went to Alexandria, which had a large population of Jews...and they went LEGALLY!!!  The Roman Empire had open INTERNAL borders, like crossing from Ohio to Indiana, but definitely protected its outer borders from the barbarian darkness surrounding them.
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2018, 09:59:48 PM »
Herod was pretty monstrous, and paranoid. Bethlehem was a small village in the shadow of Jerusalem. So the number of boys killed would have been relatively small, the place obscure, and in the context of what Herod was, not a big deal. To the families and friends, it would have been earth-shattering, but otherwise not so much. That memory of it would be lost, other than the NT isn't surprising, given how many wars ravaged that area.

Judea, Samaria, and Galilee were relatively poor. The significance of the area was trade routes passing through the area and its proximity to the rival Parthian Empire. So it didn't get the best governance, even by corrupt and brutal Roman standards.

As for John the Baptist, we really don't know where he grew up. Probably not Bethlehem, for the obvious reason.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2018, 05:17:47 PM »
DUmmy failed the first girlfriend rule: don't be a twat.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2018, 05:22:14 PM »
I guess I'm strange. Politics was not brought up at all at my family get together.

80+% of my are conservatives, but we avoid politics as much as possible during holidays.  The only thing I have in common with my little sister is the Miami Dolphins and then the whole guns and suicide topic comes up. :)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2018, 06:35:52 PM »
Oh sure, blame it on Donald Trump!  :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2018, 06:40:35 PM »
There has been a debate for decades, if not centuries, as to whether the slaughter of the innocents actually happened, or was a "pious fiction" inserted to make Jesus parallel with Moses: there is a tradition from ancient times where the hero must escape death while in childhood.

To be sure, the Jewish-Roman historian Josephus was not real happy about Herod IV's reign, which included a great deal of intra-family murder, and catalogs a good number of the king's crimes.  And yet Josephus mentions nothing about any "slaughter of baby boys."   To be sure, the Romans would not be happy about such a disturbance to their Pax Romana, but possibly such a crime - if it happened - might have escaped their radar.  On the other hand, Herod IV seems to have walked the line properly enough that the Romans left him alone most of the time, even when he was murdering members of his family.  Would the Romans under the first emperor Augustus countenance widespread violence by a client king?  I would say no. 

And yet the Romans had difficulty in finding competent and non-corrupt procurators to handle the area.  One historian says that the situation around the time of Jesus clearly shows Roman mismanagement, with e.g. Pilate showing ambivalence (his handling of the Jesus crisis by sending it to the Romans' client king Herod Antipas was the correct move, since the Romans did not want to deal with religious disputes) in governing the area (his handling of other incidents, however, according to Philo of Alexandria and Josephus, was dreadful).

Anyway, was there a "Flight to Egypt" that could be parallel with the  "caravan" today?  No.   And there is another problem: how did John the Baptist, also a newborn baby only a few months older than Jesus, escape this massacre of baby boys?  The gospels are mute on that subject.  No mention of his escape.

Conclusion:

If Joseph and Mary did go to Egypt, they probably went to Alexandria, which had a large population of Jews...and they went LEGALLY!!!  The Roman Empire had open INTERNAL borders, like crossing from Ohio to Indiana, but definitely protected its outer borders from the barbarian darkness surrounding them.

Jesus was born when the census was being taken.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2018, 08:41:47 PM »
80+% of my are conservatives, but we avoid politics as much as possible during holidays.  The only thing I have in common with my little sister is the Miami Dolphins and then the whole guns and suicide topic comes up. :)
Full disclosure: I did tweak my loony lib brother for Christmas. On the tag on my nephew's gift, I hyphenated the last name with his wife's being first in the hyphen. I was really trying to be sensitive to their new age lib beliefs ;)
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2018, 10:09:21 AM »
Full disclosure: I did tweak my loony lib brother for Christmas. On the tag on my nephew's gift, I hyphenated the last name with his wife's being first in the hyphen. I was really trying to be sensitive to their new age lib beliefs ;)

Once in a while, the late afternoon bartender works during my weekly show.  He is mid 30's and very conservative.  He signs the prize certificates for the night.. He started signing them "President Donald J. Trump, #45".  Perhaps a micro aggression.  But no one notices except for he & myself, maybe the owner when he calculates the daily receipts.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2018, 11:10:53 AM »
This happens all the time.  DUmmies estrange themselves from friends and family, then run to the DUmp.  The DUmp encourages them, saying "**** them!"  But, when the shit hits the fan, as it inevitably will, nobody will be there for them.

Forever alone. That is the prize a lifetime of hate and intolerance will earn you.

DUmmies hate and despise the Bible, but that really ought to read a few parts. You shall reap what you sow.
Bitterness and hate will not fill the empty loneliness. DU is not a replacement for family.  She lost a lot more than a boyfriend that day.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2018, 11:57:01 AM »
I dated Bob 40 years ago, 20 years ago and now we’ve been together for 2 years.

Bob is probably happy to have excuse to ditch her for another 20 years.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2018, 01:49:18 PM »

A toxic bunch.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2018, 02:51:07 PM »

Toxicity has consequences.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2019, 11:51:49 AM »
In Acts chapter 3 Peter and John are near the Temple in Jerusalem and in Jesus name they heal a crippled man. The man is happy as one can imagine. Starting with verse 12...
-------------------------------

12  "When Peter saw this, he said to them: “Fellow Israelites, why does this surprise you? Why do you stare at us as if by our own power or godliness we had made this man walk?   13  The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go.   14 You disowned the Holy and Righteous One and asked that a murderer be released to you.   15  You killed the author of life, but God raised him from the dead. We are witnesses of this."

------------------------------

And that is where we are at these days, the ungodly democrats want to free the guilty and punish the innocent.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17