Author Topic: A twofer of local moonbattery...  (Read 760 times)

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
A twofer of local moonbattery...
« on: August 21, 2008, 05:26:43 PM »
Every once in a while, the local weekly paper will publish columns so outrageous and stupid that I think you guys might appreciate seeing them.  But then I realize that I am just too darn lazy to do a simple thing like quote and link.  But not this time.  This time, you get two moonbats for the price of one.  Enjoy.

We are seeing another negative consequence of our war against Iraq. Americans have come to realize that the war there has been one mistake after another; costs that are causing an almost fatal national debt, and the loss of lives and injuries that will continue to be costs for generations. In addition to the horrible loss of lives and injuries to thousands, we have also lost being the leader of international matters on moral grounds.

Prior to the present administration, America led the rest of the world not just with military might, but also on moral grounds. This is no longer true. No matter what basis we use to condemn Russia concerning its military intrusion into the new state of Georgia, there will be a counter argument.

http://haysfreepress.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=3&ArticleID=34760&TM=66001.22

Well, well. The corruption of the English language continues. When Barack Obama provided thoughtful answers to what was billed as a "conversation" between him and Rev. Rick Warren at the Saddleback Church, commentators disparaged his remarks as intellectual. They repeated this so many times it was clear they thought the audience was too stupid to understand him.

Just as the word liberal is used to demean those who stand firm for the Bill of Rights, the word intellectual is now being used to demean anyone who can think beyond the fifth grade level. No wonder the public schools are being challenged to prove they can teach.

http://haysfreepress.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=3&ArticleID=34757&TM=66001.22

“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline jinxmchue

Re: A twofer of local moonbattery...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 12:55:59 PM »
Beats the letter to the editor in our local paper from a Native American ranting about "the white man." 

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
Re: A twofer of local moonbattery...
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 02:18:54 PM »
I see that kind of moonbattery daily in the LTTE section here.  That paper should be ashamed to print that crap unless the name of the paper is People's Commie Bullshit Paper.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill