Author Topic: Barry "Goldwater" Obama spent more on ads than McCain spends on election  (Read 670 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=washingtonstory&sid=auUmkmB4O6YE

Oh my.

Obama Spent More on Ads Than McCain Spent on Election

Aug. 21 (Bloomberg) -- Barack Obama spent more on advertising last month than Republican rival John McCain spent on his campaign, new Federal Election Commission filings show.

Obama spent $57.2 million in July, including $33 million on advertising. McCain spent $32.4 million, with $18.7 million for ads.

McCain entered August with slightly more money than Obama when funds in the bank accounts of the Republican and Democratic party committees are included.

McCain, 71, is taking federal funds for the general election and therefore must drain his campaign bank account by the end of August. He boosted his spending by more than $5 million over the previous month. In addition to his ad spending, he spent $5.2 million on printing and postage. He has now spent $150 million on his presidential campaign.

Obama's spending also included $3 million on print and online advertisements. He has now spent $335.5 million.

more

You know, I remarked yesterday that John McCain is a traditionalist, and this may perhaps be another indication of this.  It didn't use to take tons of money to win an election, and despite everybody seems to be doing it, there doesn't seem any evidence that it needs, really, to take a lot of money to win an election.

I mean, look at the current situation--out of all the tons and tons of money Barry "Goldwater" Obama's raised and spent.....well, how come this week he's behind John McCain in the polls?

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Sadie

• Probationary (Probie)
To hear the Obama nut cases tell ir Obama is ahead in the polls. What a delusional state they live in. As for McCain he seems to work quietly behind the scenes, then when Obama releases another of his hit ads, McCain hits back hard.