Author Topic: Obama tells McCain to lay off character  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Obama tells McCain to lay off character
« on: August 19, 2008, 12:44:26 PM »
but wasn't his absolutist position against the war, against the surge, and against funding either one a sign of his superior judgment?  isn't
this how he vanquished hillary?  how can logical inferences based on your (quite frankly) hysterical pronouncements against the war in the
VERY recent past suddenly be so unpalatable?

he's trying to take the issue off the table by recharacterizing it as a personal attack. and that, of course, instantly means that that attacker
is a covert racist of some sort.  I doubt that john mccain is dumb enough to fall for this one.

Obama tells McCain to lay off character
Democratic candidate hits back at Republican rival over Iraq war

ORLANDO - Democrat Barack Obama challenged his Republican opponent John McCain on Tuesday to stop questioning his "character and patriotism."

Addressing the Veterans of Foreign Wars convention, Obama reaffirmed his early opposition to the U.S. invasion of Iraq and said the so-called "surge" strategy of sending 30,000 additional troops to Iraq last year had not produced the political reconciliation necessary to achieve lasting peace in the country. McCain supported the Iraq invasion and was an early champion of the surge.

"These are the judgments I've made and the policies that we have to debate, because we do have differences in this election," Obama said. "One of the things that we have to change in this country is the idea that people can't disagree without challenging each other's character and patriotism. I have never suggested that Sen. McCain picks his positions on national security based on politics or personal ambition. I have not suggested it because I believe that he genuinely wants to serve America's national interest. Now, it's time for him to acknowledge that I want to do the same.

"Let me be clear: I will let no one question my love of this country," Obama said to applause.

McCain stood before the same audience a day earlier and said Obama "tried to legislate failure" in the Iraq war and had put his ambition to be president above the interests of the United States. He said the Illinois senator did this by pushing for a timetable for withdrawal of U.S. combat troops from Iraq and by voting in the Senate against a major appropriations bill to help fund the troop increase.

More

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Obama tells McCain to lay off character
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 12:55:54 PM »
I'm curious.

Since when has it been a prerogative of a political candidate to "order" his opponent to lay off any issue?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 12:59:32 PM »
I'm curious.

Since when has it been a prerogative of a political candidate to "order" his opponent to lay off any issue?

he's just trying to sound fierce again.  remember "lay off my wife", when all anyone was really doing was replaying her own words?

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 01:32:59 PM »
Is anybody compiling a list of what we're not allowed to talk about as it applies to Obama?

1. Ears
2. Race
3. Religion
4. Felon friends
5. Lack of experience
6. Patriotism
7. Wife
8. Character

I know there's more.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Zeus

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 01:45:26 PM »
Is anybody compiling a list of what we're not allowed to talk about as it applies to Obama?

1. Ears
2. Race
3. Religion
4. Felon friends
5. Lack of experience
6. Patriotism
7. Wife
8. Character

I know there's more.

His name is off limits in some circles.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 02:51:11 PM »

1. Ears
2. Race
3. Religion
4. Felon friends
5. Lack of experience
6. Patriotism
7. Wife
8. Character

I know there's more.

Oh, there is. Check out this article on The People's Cube.

http://www.thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?p=35793#35793  -- Someone did a marketing test with predictable results.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 03:50:10 PM »
Wow, this little bitch must really think he can lie and whine his way into the White House. Iraq, ANY foreign policy issue, is McCain's strong suit, so of course this twit doesn't want it to be a big issue. Maybe they should switch the subject back to infanticide - yes or no?

Or Barack Hussein Obama could just debate McCain. Oh wait, he can't.  :whatever:

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 04:26:52 PM »
I'm curious.

It's in the DNA of every Liberal.  They think by entitlement they are immune from any question having to do with character or patriotism.

Especially since they know deep down they have none of the aforementioned qualities.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 04:38:56 PM »
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 06:51:33 PM »
Ha! We're getting to him.....  :evillaugh:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline anne995

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 07:08:22 PM »
Someone on another board made a great point. Not only has mccain not gone after the (wretched) character of Barack Bocaine, but only days ago the Obama campaign called mccain a cheater just because Bocaine got his ass whooped at the forum.

Hi, i'm new here. I am a democrat, and STRICTLY NOBAMA. He's GOT to go.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 07:20:38 PM »

1. Ears
2. Race
3. Religion
4. Felon friends
5. Lack of experience
6. Patriotism
7. Wife
8. Character

I know there's more.
Middle name.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey