Author Topic: Russia's stance with Poland  (Read 827 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Russia's stance with Poland
« on: August 17, 2008, 10:14:43 PM »
"A top Russian general says Poland's agreement to accept a US missile defense battery exposes the country to attack"

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1218710372545&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Just curious on your thoughts?  Do you actually consider this a shocking or alarming statement?  I've been a bit shocked with how some people have viewed it.  As from my perspective, he's just stating the obvious. Shrugs...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
Re: Russia's stance with Poland
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 01:40:24 AM »
"A top Russian general says Poland's agreement to accept a US missile defense battery exposes the country to attack"

Just being near Russia exposes Poland to attack.  Hence, the missle defense system.   ::)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 06:02:12 AM by Red October »

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 08:20:59 AM »
My thoughts are that it is an empty threat for the present, and it will really piss off the Poles instead of cowing them.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 03:47:47 PM »
Unlike the 1939 invasion the Poles are not just going to let themselves get run over and niether will Europe once they remember what happened the last time someone started knocking on the Poles door. It will of course end up with us once again standing the bad guys off but then again who else could do it?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"