Author Topic: Sunday doldrums  (Read 709 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Sunday doldrums
« on: August 17, 2008, 06:42:51 PM »
I'm buried in accounting work at the moment--I was given circa two weeks to do it, but I want it all done by Monday evening--and it's been a very sad, desolate, melancholy day out there, nobody being around.

Even the cats seem a little bit lost, with the man who feeds them the only human around.

While buying groceries in town earlier today (Sunday), I ran into the best friend, the sorority sister, of the soil chemist (the soil chemist is back home in Maryland until next week).  The best friend told me that the soil scientist had said franksolich "is awesome, really awesome."

Well, whatever; but it still mystifies me that everybody likes franksolich excepting the primitives.

I'm a nice guy; why would the primitives dislike me?

I also went to the post office, and therein was a letter from the hard-of-hearing (85% no hearing) kid who left in May to join a threshing crew down in Texas, much to the dismay of all the dysmenopausal "special education" teachers who had already charted out an academic career for him.

They still blame me, and grimace at me with passionate Hate and bitterness, when walking by; although I had nothing to do with it.  The kid had already decided to ditch college before coming to me, and as his parents were at least lukewarmly enthusiastic about the enterprise, there was nothing franksolich could do but go along.

The kid, working 7 days a week, 12-14 hours a day, is making money heads-over-heels, and had written me, enclosing a pay-stub, asking if enough is being withheld for his income taxes (it is).  He's now in northern Texas, mid-Oklahoma, southern Kansas, working his way north.  He expects to return here in November.

He also sent a money order for $200, to repay a loan I had made him but forgot about.
apres moi, le deluge