Author Topic: BY WOMEN, FOR WOMEN' Vegan cafe charges male customers 18 percent man tax.....  (Read 5979 times)

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
sheshe2 (42,633 posts)              https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029424935

'BY WOMEN, FOR WOMEN' Vegan cafe charges male customers 18 percent man tax and seats women first i
A CAFE is making waves after it began charging blokes more money in a bid to close the gender pay gap.
The feminist vegan owner of Handsome Her eatery in Melbourne, Australia, is making them pay an 18 per cent “man tax” as well as giving women priority over seating.

Owner Alex O’Brien told Broadsheet website: “I do want people to think about it, because we’ve had this (pay discrepancy) for decades and decades and we’re bringing it to the forefront of people’s minds.

“I like that it is making men stop and question their privilege a little bit.”
Ms O’Brien says the response from her customers has been positive, with one man even donating $50 (£30) to the cause.

She said: “There’s been nothing but positivity from everyone, males and females.”

Alex O’Brien, left, dreamed up the idea to make men take the issue of unequal pay more seriously

Read More!!!!!https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4176712/men-tax-pay-more-melbourne-cafe/

Love. Love. Love This!

REAL men are not vegan  :-)

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Since I identify as a pansexual trans-rhinoceros, I shouldn't have any problems utilizing my gender fluidity to seize that discount.  huzzah! 

Offline 67 Rover

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach,
unless he's a Vegan then you can get there through his vagina.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable

Now that deserves a  :hi5:

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

Of course the DUmmies are openly praising this bigotry.
I'd rather starve than choke down the vegan crap that that restaurant probably serves, let alone provide financial support to her bigotry.

Offline SVPete

IMO - the laws of Oz may differ - they have the right to commit economic suicide. With any luck, a hofbrau will be thriving in that facility by this time next year.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
Whatevs. She's still gonna be making me a sammich.
Deplorable since 2016

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
Liberal "males" are ok with this, because they don't have any testosterone anyway.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Dblhaul

It wont take long for this place to go under, and it will be the fault of men.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

Since I identify as a pansexual trans-rhinoceros, I shouldn't have any problems utilizing my gender fluidity to seize that discount.  huzzah!
I can see "transgender" trolls having fun with this, and the first time it's tried, successful or not, the cafe's entire premise falls apart and the owner will either have to abandon the policy or shut down. In any case, it would be fun to see this just to watch the insanity that is the left.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

A vegan feminist cafe with SJW pricing.  What could possibly go wrong with that business model?  I will never know what the inside of such a place looks like, I fear, even if they bought my neighbor's house and set one up there (Of course they'd need a lot of cash to do that, because no financial institution within a hundred and fifty miles would take a flier on that one; I can't exclude the possibility that one of the megabanks in St. Louis or KC might take the hit for SJW points, though).
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Hey, they found some way to make guilt-ridden liberals depart with more of their cash. Good for them! I bet Skin's is kicking himself for not thinking of it first.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
Some savory replies. A lot removed. Love watching these libtards bicker. I love it !

:catfight:

Offline SVPete

Some savory replies. A lot removed. Love watching these libtards bicker. I love it !

:catfight:

I'm mildly surprised they didn't all fall all over each other lining up to support this. Obviously "Brooklynite" and several others need a refresher "course" at the Prog Reeducation Camps.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
I'm mildly surprised they didn't all fall all over each other lining up to support this. Obviously "Brooklynite" and several others need a refresher "course" at the Prog Reeducation Camps.
I seen those depicted in a movie called 'The Killing Fields', I hope "Brooklynite" enjoys his plastic bag.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Old n Grumpy

I think in reality this is a publicity stunt to get free publicity and get customers into a failing business. It will get them their 10 minutes in the spot light then they will fade into financial obscurity. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

They should get the code pink gals out there in their vagina costumes with lettuce hats doing the vegan vagina dance for them. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
I think in reality this is a publicity stunt to get free publicity and get customers into a failing business. It will get them their 10 minutes in the spot light then they will fade into financial obscurity. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

They should get the code pink gals out there in their vagina costumes with lettuce hats doing the vegan vagina dance for them. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Faking a hate crime wouldn't hurt them either...
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline DLR Pyro

Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Vegan cafe?????????????? Hell NO!
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline BattleHymn

A vegan feminist cafe with SJW pricing.  What could possibly go wrong with that business model?  I will never know what the inside of such a place looks like, I fear, even if they bought my neighbor's house and set one up there (Of course they'd need a lot of cash to do that, because no financial institution within a hundred and fifty miles would take a flier on that one; I can't exclude the possibility that one of the megabanks in St. Louis or KC might take the hit for SJW points, though).

We could both go in drag if they set one up nearby. 

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
They hated the exact same idea when conservative college students had affirmative action bake sales.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DumbAss Tanker

We could both go in drag if they set one up nearby.

No need, just shave and put on flannel shirts, and we'll tell them we're Lesbians.  Of course, we would need a reason to actually WANT to go into a vegan cafe full of feminazis...

Offline DLR Pyro

No need, just shave and put on flannel shirts, and we'll tell them we're Lesbians.  Of course, we would need a reason to actually WANT to go into a vegan cafe full of feminazis...

This isn't reason enough to make you want to go to the lesbo cafe?...
  https://www.rt.com/viral/398869-vegan-cafe-man-tax-melbourne/
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Oh they look like tons of fun and easygoing jocular merriment.  Looks like you get a bonus side order of 'Lecture about White privilege' along with the entree of 'Scolding about Hetero/Male privilege.'

Offline BattleHymn

They look like they should be on the set of Portlandia in the Women and Women's First Bookstore.