Author Topic: The word bitch offends Rockhead  (Read 2830 times)

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
The word bitch offends Rockhead
« on: July 28, 2017, 12:54:40 PM »
MineralMan (96,787 posts)                 https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029385406

Please don't refer to any person with the word that means a female dog.
That would be great. If you don't mind, of course.

Somebody call you an old bitch ?  :-)

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
Re: The word bitch offends Rockhead
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 01:01:11 PM »
Mushhead aspires to be a bitch.
Right now, he's just the male version of a c*nt.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 01:29:13 PM »
Someone needs to remind MM of DU's standing exceptions for women like Melania, Ivanka, Sarah Palin, Condoleezza Rice, Dana Loesch, etc..

If it weren't for double standards, DU would have no standards at all.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 01:31:24 PM »
Throw his sorry in jail.   He'd be the prison bitch in no time.   
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 01:38:00 PM »
That dude is a bitch.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 01:55:45 PM »
Towlie (2,213 posts)
22. I'm with you, I think MineralMan is just going to have to deal with it.

As a noun, "bitch" is a common term in prison movies that means a person forced to submit, and as a verb it means "gripe obnoxiously." There's really no better way to express thoughts like "Trump is Putin's bitch", and "Trump wants each of his cabinet members to be his bitch."

If MineralMan is upset about the sexist nature of our language it would make more sense to protest the absence of pronouns for people of unspecified sex. We're presently stuck with "he/she" or "him/her", or swapping masculine and feminine pronouns at random, or to just use the masculine form as a default. I've never seen an alternative that actually took hold, and it's not the fault of anyone alive that the language is that way.

Words that have acquired undesired connotations due to the evolution of our society are a lot like Obamacare — You can't just eliminate them, you can only replace them with something better.

Final thought: If MineralMan is really concerned about sexism, why isn't he "MineralPerson"?

:-)

MineralMan (96,798 posts)
10. I'm only referring to DU.

DU is not a rap venue. It's supposed to be a political discussion forum with a certain sense of maturity, and not a middle school playground. Anyhow, it was just a request. I don't make any rules on the Internet.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 02:20:13 PM »
Personally, I try to avoid cursing in general as much as possible (A minor exception is if I'm quoting a movie or show, and even that I only do when I find it necessary). As a Christian it's immoral, as a simple person it makes one sound crude and unintelligent, and as someone who regularly works with/ around kids and teens through youth ministry and substitute teaching I don't want to set a bad example.
Of course, the DUmmies have none of those concerns.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 02:30:52 PM »

DU is not a rap venue. It's supposed to be a political discussion forum with a certain sense of maturity, and not a middle school playground. Anyhow, it was just a request. I don't make any rules on the Internet.

Maturity? On DU? :rotf: Most of DU's members are constitutionally incapable of saying Donald Trump's name without appending an expletive, twisting Trump's name int a crude anatomic reference, or making a sexually degrading remark about Trump. The same is true of Bush and Reagan. Compared to DU, a middle school playground is a paragon of maturity and decorum.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 02:31:16 PM »

Holy tacos, Batman!  Maturity on DU?  LOL!  How do the likes of Bravenak, Laydeebug and TheMastersNemesis, the exalted ones at DU get a pass from the rest of you dolts?

You are full of yourself, MM, which means you're full of s***
Deplorable since 2016

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 02:37:45 PM »
An alternate perspective...

Maturity? On DU? :rotf: Most of DU's members are constipated tutionally incapable of saying Donald Trump's name without appending an expletive, twisting Trump's name int a crude anatomic reference, or making a sexually degrading remark about Trump. The same is true of Bush and Reagan. Compared to DU, a middle school playground is a paragon of maturity and decorum.

Deplorable since 2016

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 02:45:04 PM »
An alternate perspective...

So, how do they contrive for it all to flow through their finger and onto DU threads?

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 03:36:59 PM »
Bitch, please.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 03:57:57 PM »
So, how do they contrive for it all to flow through their finger and onto DU threads?

I'll defer this question to Pam (demtenjeep)
Deplorable since 2016

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2017, 04:30:28 PM »
Maturity? On DU? :rotf: Most of DU's members are constitutionally incapable of saying Donald Trump's name without appending an expletive, twisting Trump's name int a crude anatomic reference, or making a sexually degrading remark about Trump. The same is true of Bush and Reagan. Compared to DU, a middle school playground is a paragon of maturity and decorum.
I can still remember, in the wake of Scott Brown winning the then- recently- deceased Ted Kennedy's Senate seat, there was a DU thread in which the DUmmies were trying to come up with an insulting nickname for Brown. The nickname they settled on in that thread was so stupid, crass, and infantile I won't dignify it by repeating it here.