Author Topic: the primitives FINALLY remember  (Read 1079 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
the primitives FINALLY remember
« on: May 29, 2017, 10:34:57 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029131192

It's taken half a whole day, and there's still only three measly threads about it, with only one or two primitive responses.

lastlib (9,347 posts)     Mon May 29, 2017, 10:59 AM

Today is the 100th birthday anniversary of President John F. Kennedy

https://www.whitehouse.gov/1600/presidents/johnfkennedy

Of Irish descent, he was born in Brookline, Massachusetts, on May 29, 1917. Graduating from Harvard in 1940, he entered the Navy. In 1943, when his PT boat was rammed and sunk by a Japanese destroyer, Kennedy, despite grave injuries, led the survivors through perilous waters to safety.

Back from the war, he became a Democratic Congressman from the Boston area, advancing in 1953 to the Senate. He married Jacqueline Bouvier on September 12, 1953. In 1955, while recuperating from a back operation, he wrote Profiles in Courage, which won the Pulitzer Prize in history.

In 1956 Kennedy almost gained the Democratic nomination for Vice President, and four years later was a first-ballot nominee for President. Millions watched his television debates with the Republican candidate, Richard M. Nixon. Winning by a narrow margin in the popular vote, Kennedy became the first Roman Catholic President.

His Inaugural Address offered the memorable injunction: "Ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country." As President, he set out to redeem his campaign pledge to get America moving again. His economic programs launched the country on its longest sustained expansion since World War II; before his death, he laid plans for a massive assault on persisting pockets of privation and poverty.

Responding to ever more urgent demands, he took vigorous action in the cause of equal rights, calling for new civil rights legislation. His vision of America extended to the quality of the national culture and the central role of the arts in a vital society.....

------------------------------------

More at link

Given that most primitives are of an age where they're likely to remember the 1963 assassination with any coherence--say, from the age of seven on up--this seems shameful that Skins's island isn't congested with Kennedy threads today.

Maybe the primitives want to forget him because they're not fond of his admonition about not asking what one's country can do for one, but asking what one can do for one's country.

They seem to have forgotten that.

And there's the one about how we're obligated to go any distance, to make any sacrifice, so as to liberate the oppressed of the world; I'm pretty sure the primitives don't like that one either, the way they opposed America's attempts to keep South Vietnam free, and to liberate sundry other countries too numerous to name.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Re: the primitives FINALLY remember
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 10:39:59 AM »
For anyone growing up during the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s, it seemed the cult of the Kennedys was going to go on forever, with Jack the Father, Bobby the Christ, and Vast Teddy the Holy Ghost.

About ten years ago, though, I noticed a hopeful phenomenon.

Libraries frequently hold book sales, to raise money and to get rid of books that aren't popular with their patrons any more.

It was about that time I noticed there seemed to be an awful lot of books about the Kennedys at these sales, where there hadn't been before.  And then later checking the same libraries I noticed that yes, indeed, their shelf-space dedicated to books about the Kennedys had significantly shrunk.

The last library book sale I attended, there were no books, no books at all, about the Kennedys, as the library had no more to discard.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 01:41:07 PM »
Hey DUmmie Lastlib.  Care to expand on his economic programs that led to longest sustained expansionsince WWII.    Let me give you a little hint, because, being a liberal, you obviously need some cheaters to help you with the tough questions.  Look up this quote and get back to me.  "A rising tide, will raise all the boats"    JFK would be a moderate to conservative Republican by today's standards.  I'm sure being a Catholic he was probably prolife. ,  Probably didn't think too much of all the sick sexual perversions you celebrate on your side of the aisle now. 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 04:35:08 PM »
Probably didn't think too much of all the sick sexual perversions you celebrate on your side of the aisle now.

He didn't consider multiple affairs to be sick and perverted, nor sharing women with his brother.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 04:52:12 PM »
Where is Richard Charnin and all the other Oliver Stone conspiracy nuts now? It's been said that the left just lives in the present, so history really doesn't matter so much to them.

Wonder if JFK would've been reelected in 1964 if he hadn't been assassinated, he was in a bit of trouble at the time and his father did steal the election for him. You know the DUmmies really wouldn't mind the same thing happening to Trump, some commie sympathizer mowing him down again.

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 05:00:10 PM »
I believe that if JFK was alive today, he would be saddened to see how the Democrats are now. He was not a far left moon bat.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 05:13:06 PM »
Ellen Rometsch (born 1936 in Kleinitz, Germany) was rumored to be an East German Communist spy who was assigned on diplomatic cover to the West German embassy in Washington, D.C. during the early 1960s. She had fled East Germany with her parents in 1955. She married German air force sergeant Rolf Rometsch, who was stationed at the West German embassy.[1] She is also widely thought in some Washington journalism circles to have been one of President John F. Kennedy's girlfriends during the height of the Cold War.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellen_Rometsch

Baker knew Ellen Rometsch because she was the wife of a West German army officer stationed in Washington. She was ‘as pretty as Elizabeth Taylor’ and the trappings of marriage did not stop her from making herself known to the President.
‘She really loved oral sex... She went to the White House several times. And President Kennedy called me and said it’s the best head-job he’d ever had, and he thanked me,’ Baker said to Politico.

Rometsch was sent to America by the Communist leaders in East Berlin who hoped that she would befriend powerful politicians and report back

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2511225/Kennedy-Ford-affairs-East-German-spy-loved-oral-sex.html#ixzz4iVYMourE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It's too late now to send over the Marshall of the Supreme Court with an arrest warrant or tether a chicken to his neck, so I guess he just gets away with TREASON.

IOKIYAD.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 05:14:13 PM »
Wonder if JFK would've been reelected in 1964 if he hadn't been assassinated, he was in a bit of trouble at the time and his father did steal the election for him.

According to an old Time magazine from the late summer or autumn of 1963 that I read while in college nearly twenty years later--remember, franksolich used to collect old magazines, especially Time and Life, pre-December 7, 1941, when they were magazines worth reading--at the time, Goldwater was actually slightly leading Kennedy in the polls for the 1964 presidential race.

But of course it wasn't until after Kennedy was assassinated, that the press and popular culture began slandering the eventual Republican candidate, causing him to lose so badly to Lyndon Johnson.

Surely there are some here old enough to remember when that sour old wart-faced CBS reporter Daniel Schorr made up a "news" story out of thin air, about Goldwater's "connections" with the clandestine Nazi party in Germany circa late 1963, which is about when the lies started.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 05:17:02 PM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge