Author Topic: Tobin update. It's good news! :-)  (Read 730 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Tobin update. It's good news! :-)
« on: May 28, 2017, 06:32:05 PM »
Our good friend Tobin is updating us to his health. Its good news for the Tobster. Keep up the good work!

Star Member Tobin S. (9,381 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/1018953764

I need to brag on myself for a minute.

I hopped on the scales this morning and weighed in at 275.8. That's down from 356.4 in April of last year. This week marks the 80 pound loss mark for me. I'm looking to get down to 230.

I fell so much better. The fact that I quit drinking also has something to do with that. There was a time in my life when I didn't think I could live happily without booze and cigarettes. July 5th will mark my fifth anniversary of quitting tobacco and I quit drinking last September. I feel great.

I'm becoming the person I've wanted to be almost since I started my bad habits, but couldn't until now: sober and healthy.

Good to hear. I hope the Mrs. is doing better, too.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Tobin update. It's good news! :-)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 06:36:05 PM »
Tobin, I am sincerely happy that you aren't drinking anymore.  When I stopped drinking, I lost weight too; it was nowhere near as substantial as your weight loss (only about 10 pounds, but it mattered), but it's something.  Keep it up.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 07:41:57 PM »
Unless you're an athlete who works out or runs regularly or do heavy work outside and down an electrolyte drink for energy and replace sweated out electrolytes, regularly ingesting liquid calories is a "good" way to gain weight or sustain high weight.

It's a good thing that Tobers has quit the cigs and alcohol..

Now if I could just kick my breads habit ...
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 07:52:22 PM »
Congrats Tobin. I quit drinking and smoking 11 years ago and I am encouraged by your determination. Now, like SVPete, if I could just manage my bread vice I'd be a lot healthier.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 08:03:46 PM »
Star Member Tobin S. (9,381 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/1018953764

I need to brag on myself for a minute.

I hopped on the scales this morning and weighed in at 275.8. That's down from 356.4 in April of last year. This week marks the 80 pound loss mark for me. I'm looking to get down to 230.

I fell so much better. The fact that I quit drinking also has something to do with that. There was a time in my life when I didn't think I could live happily without booze and cigarettes. July 5th will mark my fifth anniversary of quitting tobacco and I quit drinking last September. I feel great.

I'm becoming the person I've wanted to be almost since I started my bad habits, but couldn't until now: sober and healthy.

That is a substantial achievement Tubbs!  Congrats to you!  You just may outlive the Big Guy, who is dying and has been for a long time.

Now I suggest you work on the employment angle.  I'm surprised you still have the job that I predicted you were going to lose back in January. 

I had high hopes for you at one time, then you dashed them against the wall, and now you go and do this.  You are one hard dummie to figure out, Tubbs.

Keep up the good work and make me proud that I stood up for you as not a regular loser dummie.   :cheersmate:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi