Author Topic: Dear Military recruiters...stay the hell away from my son!  (Read 2004 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Dear Military recruiters...stay the hell away from my son!
« on: April 14, 2017, 10:24:51 PM »
cynatnite (28,618 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/10028932654

He turned 18 a few months ago and will soon be graduating high school.

With tRump bringing the US to the brink, I will not allow recruiters in my home. They do have a habit of stalking high school students in our area.

The son and I have been talking about this a little. He does like the idea of the military since both me and his father are veterans. He does understand the costs of war, but with tRump playing with our military like they're toy soldiers, our talks will continue.

This is worse than when bush invaded Iraq. With Syria, Afghanistan and North Korea, I'm ****ing scared as shit right now. I didn't feel like this back then.

I can't control his decisions, but I hope he makes well-informed ones.

you ****ing shit. the family are 'veterans' but military service is bad because trump?

:thatsright:

Star Member lpbk2713 (31,185 posts)
2. Trump treats all people like they were expendable I would hate to be committed to a multi-year enlistment right about now.

Star Member Ilsa (42,952 posts)
3. I'm going to make sure we opt out of Receiving mail from them. I may wait on getting him registered for the draft until Trump is out. My understanding is that you have a few years.

oh, for ****s face.... there isn't any draft you ****ing ****!

hack89 (36,062 posts)
16. You can't get federal college financial aid without registering. Nt

:thatsright:

roamer65 (11,425 posts)
17. It's a $250k fine and prison time for not registering...and keeping the gov't posted of address changes until you are 26. The gov't doesn't prosecute because we are not in a major war. If we were, they no doubt would. I wouldn't be called up at my age and only way I would serve anyway is if US territory was under imminent threat...unless it's a solid red state.

:bird:

Star Member wildeyed (10,581 posts)
8. I have younger teens.

After DT won, I told them clearly that they needed to stay really focused on school. They younger one is very math-y so I am pushing him toward programming. If he is going to be drafted, I want him writing code or decoding enemy messages. Maybe propaganda. He is vicious with the memes....

Are females required to register now? Embarrassed to say that I don't know. Logically, it SEEMS like they should be if the government is serious about fielding the best fighting force, but many in the military are such hidebound chauvinists, it might be that they are not.

My daughter talked to a military person at some sort of jobs fair and won a prize for doing more pull-ups than the recruiter too, but don't know if she got on an actual list.

let me remind you idiots who keeps pushing for the draft...

it's democrats.

Star Member Equinox Moon (3,733 posts)
13. Have you been in touch with Veterans for Peace?

www.veteransforpeace.org

It might be helpful for all of you, parents and son.

:bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:

DK504 (1,824 posts)
18. If they reinstate the draft, the country will go up in flames.

Just found out my older brother was going to be shipped off to Canada if the Vietnam war continued or his number came up. Still makes me sick thinking my oldest brother might have been shipped off to Vietnam.....

Now we've been in Afghanistan of over 15 years and we will never leave. Another 14 in Iraq and he's talking about Syria? Who the **** is he going to side with? Russia or The Rebels.

Star Member sarcasmo (16,009 posts)
21. "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy" Henry Kissinger

This quote might help your son make the right choice.

yeah- he never said that, btw.

Military men are "dumb, stupid animals to be used" as pawns for foreign policy.

Kissinger has denied saying it.

The only evidence that Kissinger ever said this was a claim in the book, The Final Days, by Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein, in chapter 14 (p.194 in the 1995 paperback edition). Woodward & Bernstein claimed that one of Kissinger's political foes, Alexander Haig, had told someone unnamed, that he (Haig) had heard Kissinger say it. That's triple hearsay, made even weaker by the fact that one of the parties is anonymous. Kissinger has denied ever saying it, and it was never substantiated by Haig, nor by anyone of known identity who claimed to have heard it. As Kirkus Reviews noted about the whole book, "none of it is substantiated in any assessable way."

In fact, the quote is not even very plausible, on its face. Kissinger served with distinction in the U.S. Army during WWII, and was awarded the Bronze Star. He has always been very respectful of other servicemen and their sacrifices. For him to have said such a thing would have been wildly out of character. In fact, the awkward phrasing doesn't even sound like Kissinger, whose English prose is consistently measured and careful, despite his heavy accent, even when he speaks extemporaneously.

but DUmpmonkiez love them some fake news... so, eh...  :yawn:

MarianJack (9,050 posts)
25. My son just turned 17 two weeks ago, and...he's a handsome, bright young man whom many see as having a great resemblance to a young Denzel Washington. He is the only child my wife and I will ever have. He is working part time at the local KFC and is in 10th grade. He isn't likely to go to college immediately after High School (if ever) and he is most certainly NOT a perfect human being. However, he IS a wonderful boy and my wife and I are very proud of the man he's growing into.

My son will NOT die in a war that was fabricated by a treasonous illegitimate and corrupt so called "president" whose first loyalty is to a Russian despot to whom he owes his ass many times over.

I will throw his muscular brown ass into the car and DRIVE his ass to Canada if the reigning Grand Wizard were to reinstate the draft to provide Vladimir Putin with the cannon fodder he desires in their mission to destabilize our country.

**** THEM ALL!

Let the deplorables and teabaggers sacrifice their sons and daughters on the alter of the Putin/Trump/Pence junta, but not my son. Not now and not EVER!

PEACE!

::)
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline jukin

Re: Dear Military recruiters...stay the hell away from my son!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 10:31:13 PM »
All I have to say is that I would have lost money on this bet!!!

I was buying Mid-May tickets for the first "TRUMP GONNA KILLAAAArrrs MYSSS SONS!!!1111!!!ELEBINTY"

Now, YOU ****S, I have to pay of on $100 bet to my schadenboner.

SHIT LIKE THIS!! Is why nobody likes you.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 11:06:12 PM »
All I have to say is that I would have lost money on this bet!!!

I was buying Mid-May tickets for the first "TRUMP GONNA KILLAAAArrrs MYSSS SONS!!!1111!!!ELEBINTY"

Now, YOU ****S, I have to pay of on $100 bet to my schadenboner.

SHIT LIKE THIS!! Is why nobody likes you.

Blame it on North Korea, and send that money c/o the FOAD (Father Of All Detonations)*

* What? What did you think it meant?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 06:24:48 AM »
He is working part time at the local KFC and is in 10th grade. He isn't likely to go to college immediately after High School (if ever) and he is most certainly NOT a perfect human being. However, he IS a wonderful boy and my wife and I are very proud of the man he's growing into.

Is his name Dindu Nuffin? The DUmmie sounds like most parents talking about their thug sons.

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 06:30:34 AM »
Is his name Dindu Nuffin? The DUmmie sounds like most parents talking about their thug sons.
Took the words right out of my fingertips. 

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 07:17:07 AM »

With tRump bringing the US to the brink, I will not allow recruiters in my home. They do have a habit of stalking high school students in our area.

The son and I have been talking about this a little. He does like the idea of the military since both me and his father are veterans. He does understand the costs of war, but with tRump playing with our military like they're toy soldiers, our talks will continue.

This is worse than when bush invaded Iraq. With Syria, Afghanistan and North Korea, I'm ****ing scared as shit right now. I didn't feel like this back then.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.....

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 09:49:49 AM »
"Just found out my older brother was going to be shipped off to Canada if the Vietnam war continued or his number came up. Still makes me sick thinking my oldest brother might have been shipped off to Vietnam..... "
Cowards.
My uncle was drafted into Vietnam as a combat engineer. Even though he had some truly awful experiences there, and even though my family owns property in Canada, he was NEVER so gutless as to dodge the draft and flee there.

I'd have to agree with dutch's comment that it sounds really weird that, if the DUmmy op and her hubby were both veterans, that they'd suddenly be so opposed to the military just because of Trump.

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2017, 10:31:21 AM »
Something for lurking  DUchebags.

Concerning Hillary,

Roses are red
Violets are blue
She'll never be President
No matter what you do
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 10:56:11 AM »

You make it sound like the military is kidnapping people into conscription!  :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline eismann82

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2017, 08:12:16 PM »
I'm sure they were generals in the salvation army whose mission was to leave no latrine uncleaned even though the constant fumes from that mysterious blue magic water burnt their brain cells

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2017, 10:17:34 PM »
Something for lurking  DUchebags.

Concerning Hillary,

Roses are red
Violets are blue
She'll never be President
No matter what you do
:-)

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2017, 10:19:59 PM »
You make it sound like the military is kidnapping people into conscription!  :mental:

Nobody in their right mind would "Shanghai" any (D)Ummies.

Unless ..... there are some minefields that need cleared....   :whistling:

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2017, 05:25:28 PM »
In the DUmmies' dope- addled minds, that is exactly what the US military does.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2017, 07:23:42 PM »

You and his father are veterans just like my name is Spock and I am from the planet Vulcan. 

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2017, 05:28:07 AM »
You and his father are veterans just like my name is Spock and I am from the planet Vulcan. 

Live long and prosper! :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2017, 07:17:49 AM »
Live long and prosper! :whistling:

Meh, I like this version better when dealing with DUmmies.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2017, 08:01:55 AM »
Meh, I like this version better when dealing with DUmmies.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFLvhKv-Lbo[/youtube]
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2017, 08:40:24 AM »
MarianJack (9,050 posts)
25. My son just turned 17 two weeks ago, and...he's a handsome, bright young man whom many see as having a great resemblance to a young Denzel Washington. He is the only child my wife and I will ever have. He is working part time at the local KFC and is in 10th grade. He isn't likely to go to college immediately after High School (if ever) and he is most certainly NOT a perfect human being. However, he IS a wonderful boy and my wife and I are very proud of the man he's growing into.

My son will NOT die in a war that was fabricated by a treasonous illegitimate and corrupt so called "president" whose first loyalty is to a Russian despot to whom he owes his ass many times over.

I will throw his muscular brown ass into the car and DRIVE his ass to Canada if the reigning Grand Wizard were to reinstate the draft to provide Vladimir Putin with the cannon fodder he desires in their mission to destabilize our country.

**** THEM ALL!

Let the deplorables and teabaggers sacrifice their sons and daughters on the alter of the Putin/Trump/Pence junta, but not my son. Not now and not EVER!

PEACE!
Freud would have had a field day with you.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2017, 08:44:15 AM »
MarianJack (9,050 posts)

Yeah...*cough*perv*cough*
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline FaC

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2017, 10:19:31 AM »
cynatnite (28,618 posts)

<...>

It is simple - YOUR SON can decide if he wants to talk to them or not talk to them. If he is a smart and well put together as you are saying then you should trust him to make the right decision rather than micro managing him.

Typical DUmmie - has to tell everybody what to do and assumes that everybody else is not competent to make their own decisions...

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2017, 11:04:10 AM »

For DUmmies they are. The ONE thing you can be sure about DUmmy children is a complete inability to think for themselves.  If someone can get a bright shiny bead in front of them they will follow it!  Thus the DUmmies' constant "parenting" technique of keeping evil ideas away from tender sensibilities of their children, even if those children are in their 30s.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.