Author Topic: Rock head George with the envelope against his forehead again.  (Read 1827 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Rock head George with the envelope against his forehead again.
« on: February 19, 2017, 01:00:16 PM »

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028677961

Sun Feb 19, 2017, 12:37 PM

Star Member MineralMan (90,850 posts)

Comey's Congressional Briefing.
Remember that? So, have you heard anyone who attended say anything at all about what they heard? No? Now, ask yourself why that is. Why would Republican people in Congress go completely silent about that? And that's exactly what they've done. No platitudes in support of Trump. No nothing.

I think the reason is that Comey delivered some very, very bad news for Republicans in that briefing. I think they're trying to figure out how they should even process what they heard. In the meantime, they're saying nothing. It's a three-day weekend, and the orange-haired White House tenant gave a long campaign speech to distract everyone from thinking about this.

Keep your eyes and ears open. I expect some talking about it starting on Tuesday, after everyone comes back to DC from returning to their own states and districts.

It could get very interesting not far down the road, I believe.

After every election prediction the senile old fool made was wrong one would think he would learn to STFU.  :rotf:

Response to MineralMan (Original post)

Sun Feb 19, 2017, 12:40 PM

Star Member bravenak (33,659 posts)
1. I'm waiting for that too

Everytime he comes out to tell his fans not to trust the media, I know it means that reports on his own wrongdoing are coming.

Crazy anti Semites are not known for being correct either.

Response to bravenak (Reply #1)

Sun Feb 19, 2017, 12:47 PM

5. Yes, indeed. I'm watching for the New York Times or one

of the three major TV networks to break something next week. Trump is trying his damnedest to poison the press with his base. There's some reason for that, and I don't think it's just his Executive Orders and other such small potatoes.

Three hours Comey talked, followed by utter silence from the people who heard what he had to say. I do notice that letters are going out telling the administration and everyone else to retain all records. That much has happened, anyhow. It is telling, however, that we haven't heard Republican congressional leaders out trying to make excuses for Trump since that meeting with Comey.

I really think there is a big story about to break. It may involve some sort of massive leaking from inside otherwise silent organizations. We'll find out soon enough.

$10.00 and 24 business hours away from impeachmas.

Response to MineralMan (Reply #5)

Sun Feb 19, 2017, 12:57 PM

Star Member bravenak (33,659 posts)
13. I think Comey might come out and say someting just like he did with Clinton

But this time I do not see any likelihood of him not recommending any charges on this case. The way Trump was ranting and sweating gave me chills. My patience is wearing thin right now, I do not see Donald as ligitimate, and fear we need to add an amendment to the constitution as far as what to do in the instance of a hacked or tampered with election.

I take it the orange haired scrunt did not get to 10th grad civics.

Sun Feb 19, 2017, 12:42 PM

Star Member rzemanfl (14,500 posts)
4. If Comey comes out of this like Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. it would go along

way towards redeeming him.

Response to rzemanfl (Reply #4)

Sun Feb 19, 2017, 12:49 PM

6. Yup. Comey may be doing an end-around to try to salvage

something from this. He made some grievous mistakes during the campaign. It may be all he can do to keep himself from being prosecuted, frankly. Three hours he talked to a select group in Congress. And then, silence.

It bodes poorly for Herr Trump, I think.

Legs are being toasted!

Response to MineralMan (Reply #6)

Sun Feb 19, 2017, 01:32 PM

Cracklin Charlie (3,146 posts)
30. I think Comey is not at all happy that he was used by the Trump/Putin campaign.

Their activities, and his required response to them, have put a stain on his long career. His integrity, patriotism, and professionalism have been called into question, because of the things that the criminals, not he, did.

I was reading some of Louise Menschs work on the subject, and what she has to say make lots of sense, with regard to Director Comey, and recent developments. Malcolm Nance, as well, has been on teevee, making some very bold statements.

This week could get very interesting.

It could mean the end of February is just days away!  :ohnoes:

Sun Feb 19, 2017, 12:49 PM

50 Shades Of Blue (673 posts)
7. The press is too busy pissing and moaning about Trump dissing 'em to

pay attention to anything else.

Response to 50 Shades Of Blue (Reply #7)

Sun Feb 19, 2017, 12:54 PM

11. I think you're wrong, actually.

I think they're working on what they're going to drop on us soon. It could come as early as Tuesday. Or, it could take a bit longer, but I think there's going to be a massive shock story in the news very soon.

The whole Russian thing has the potential to completely eclipse the whole Watergate thing. It could end up becoming the story of the century, if worst comes to worst. I don't know. I don't actually have any real information. It's just a hunch, based on the sudden lull of discussion of the Russian connection and Trump's "enemy of the people" attack on the media.

We're being prepared for a big deal, I think. Watch for it. If I'm wrong, I'll post about that later on.

Or you are just an idiot.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Rock head George with the envelope against his forehead again.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 01:30:28 PM »

When did the meeting happen?  Thursday, Friday?  I forget.

If it was bad news for President Trump or Republicans or both, we'd know it by now.

The fact that nothings' been said betrays that someone grabbed the football from the Democrats, liberals, primitives, and Trump-haters.....again.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 01:37:29 PM »

If it was bad news for President Trump or Republicans or both, we'd know it by now.

The fact that nothings' been said betrays that someone grabbed the football from the Democrats, liberals, primitives, and Trump-haters.....again.

Agreed, the Dems were at that briefing and, if anything bad came out, they would have been shouting it from the rooftops.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 01:37:49 PM »

Yes,that is what a rational mind would conclude.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 02:58:42 PM »
Trump is trying his damnedest to poison the press with his base.

Not necessary. Just fun to hear.  They've done it all on their own.

Quote from: Carl on Today at 01:00:16 PM

:rotf:

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 03:13:37 PM »

Remember that? So, have you heard anyone who attended say anything at all about what they heard? No? Now, ask yourself why that is. Why would Republican people in Congress go completely silent about that? And that's exactly what they've done. No platitudes in support of Trump. No nothing.

I think the reason is that Comey delivered some very, very bad news for Republicans in that briefing. I think they're trying to figure out how they should even process what they heard. In the meantime, they're saying nothing. It's a three-day weekend, and the orange-haired White House tenant gave a long campaign speech to distract everyone from thinking about this.

Keep your eyes and ears open. I expect some talking about it starting on Tuesday, after everyone comes back to DC from returning to their own states and districts.

MM had best allot 48 business hours for this rather than the usual 24.

How many Now-We've-Got-Trump-mas will it take for DU-members to tire if this kind of wolf-crying? Honestly and seriously, I'm thinking 4 years very possible, with a good possibility of an additional 4 years.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Karin

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 03:30:10 PM »
based on the sudden lull of discussion of the Russian connection

Everybody's bored with that, and they know it's so much bullshit. 

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 03:47:28 PM »
Like winning, I don't se how I will ever tire of the futile and idiotic dreams of taking Trump down at the DUmp.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 04:16:52 PM »
The press swallowed the hemlock the moment they crawled in bed with Clinton and Obama and initiated their political  ménage à trois. Trump had no hand in that and the hacked emails prove it. Now those carrying the smart money know better than to trust anything from the msm.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 04:28:50 PM »
MM had best allot 48 business hours for this rather than the usual 24.

I think it would be good for Minnesota Moses to concede to himself that he's getting old, his mind isn't what it used to be, and so he needs to cut down on his discussions of certain issues, including politics, lest he show himself stupid.

He's at that point where, really, all he's safe discussing without coming across as an old fool is his wife, family, the grandchildren, neighbors, the guys at the corner barber shop.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline ShortGuy

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 07:52:51 PM »
The Left can only target Trump. Beyond that they have no leadership, candidates or direction. With "intel" hemorrhaging from the CIA and FBI lately, if there was something, there'd have been a spurt or two by now. We know the IC has been spying on them. Not to mention that the Dems or Trump hating Reps wouldn't have been able to keep their mouths shut for 2 seconds. If there was something on Trump, it would've leaked well before now. I'm actually more concerned about the amount of hatred towards Trump from his opposition. How far is the Left willing to go to discredit the man? That's the million dollar question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline thundley4

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 07:57:10 PM »
The Left can only target Trump. *snip*

How far is the Left willing to go to discredit silence the man? That's the million dollar question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FIFY

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2017, 08:24:22 PM »
5. Yes, indeed. I'm watching for the New York Times or one

of the three major TV networks to break something next week. Trump is trying his damnedest to poison the press with his base. There's some reason for that, and I don't think it's just his Executive Orders and other such small potatoes.

Three hours Comey talked, followed by utter silence from the people who heard what he had to say. I do notice that letters are going out telling the administration and everyone else to retain all records. That much has happened, anyhow. It is telling, however, that we haven't heard Republican congressional leaders out trying to make excuses for Trump since that meeting with Comey.

I really think there is a big story about to break. It may involve some sort of massive leaking from inside otherwise silent organizations. We'll find out soon enough.

More quoted unnamed official, anonymous official, not authorized to speak official, ad nauseam from the MSM.  Hell if all I had to do was quote unnamed officials I could come up with anything I wanted.  Oh and let us not forget the so called memo about the national guard the AP has been blathering about. Reminds me of the Dan Rather fake but accurate document.

Anyone remember the Valerie Plame scandal the dummies were all aghast at?  Well this ranks way above that.

Assuming these unnamed officials exist, the Trump admin really needs to set up a document trap for these officials, frog march their asses to federal court and then nail their asses to the wall with the evidence.  There are ways this can be done easily. 

Then go after the MSM reporters for aiding and abetting a crime. Not contempt of court either, actually charge them with a crime, convict them and toss them in a cell with Bubba and Tyrone.

That will put a stop to this shit.  It is about time some of these career DC assholes get reminded of who they actually work for.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 07:55:00 AM »

Exactly.  Congress is as leaky as the Italian high command in WW2, anything said to a committee there will find its way to some select favorite journalists within twelve hours, no matter how highly classified.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 08:28:53 AM »
______mas is necessarily preceded by ______Advent.

Petty soon some one will have to create a catalog of ______mas events for which DU-grade Progs are still waiting.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2017, 08:46:57 AM »
Wait...I thought they HATED Comey?
Now he's their savior?

A liberal mind must look like liver in a blender.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2017, 09:45:41 AM »
Wait...I thought they HATED Comey?
Now he's their savior?

A liberal mind must look like liver in a blender.

It's a de jour thing for the primitives.

Other than favoring confiscatory taxes, restrictions on individual liberty, humiliation of the United States, favoritism towards a couple of their pet demographics, banning means of self-defense, hating law enforcement, murdering infants, their position on everyone and everything else changes from day-do-day, depending upon whether or not they took a good shit in the morning.

That's all it is; they can't maintain a steady position any more than a Mexican jumping-bean can.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Delmar

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2017, 04:41:22 PM »
Sun Feb 19, 2017, 12:37 PM
Star Member MineralMan (90,885 posts)

Somebody please talk me off the ledge.  I'm filled with dread over the big Red Wing boot that is going to come smashing down on us tomorrow.  The big shoe that made all the Republican congressmen go silent and ashen faced.  Our world ends tomorrow--MineralMan says so.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nvKN_H4e-I[/youtube]
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2017, 08:07:14 AM »

Sun Feb 19, 2017, 12:42 PM

Star Member rzemanfl (14,500 posts)
4. If Comey comes out of this like Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. it would go along

way towards redeeming him.
What, dead?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Delmar

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2017, 09:28:24 PM »
Tue Feb 21, 2017, 09:07 PM
Star Member Sedona (2,212 posts)

What happened to Fitzmas?

I worked a 12 hour day hoping for good news when I arrived home. What gives?
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028689800

Response to Sedona (Original post)Tue Feb 21, 2017, 10:01 PM
Star Member former9thward (17,896 posts)
6. In 24 business hours.

:rotf: :rotf:
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2017, 07:26:38 AM »
 :tongue: How prescient MM was! :tongue: He was off by 2 weeks, but a huge shoe did drop! :tongue: :rotf: MM just got the landing point wrong, the wrong President. :rotf:

At the least, I think that as the people of the US get more details and digest it all, whatever esteem the public still had for Obama in January, 2017 will be very much diminished. At the other realistic extreme, some high Obama MALAdministration officials might be in for some serious legal consequences, civil and/or criminal.

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: But yeah, MM was "right". :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: A big shoe dropped, preceded by a few smaller ones that showered some D Senators who thought they could "get" AG Sessions. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2017, 07:58:01 AM »
:tongue: How prescient MM was! :tongue: He was off by 2 weeks, but a huge shoe did drop! :tongue: :rotf: MM just got the landing point wrong, the wrong President. :rotf:

At the least, I think that as the people of the US get more details and digest it all, whatever esteem the public still had for Obama in January, 2017 will be very much diminished. At the other realistic extreme, some high Obama MALAdministration officials might be in for some serious legal consequences, civil and/or criminal.

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: But yeah, MM was "right". :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: A big shoe dropped, preceded by a few smaller ones that showered some D Senators who thought they could "get" AG Sessions. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Predict calamity long enough, and you'll eventually be right.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2017, 08:05:35 AM »
Predict calamity long enough, and you'll eventually be right.

Exactly.  The world will come to an end someday.  When?  Only God Almighty knows!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.