Author Topic: PRESS CONFERENCE WAS MIHOP1111111111!!!!!!  (Read 1944 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
PRESS CONFERENCE WAS MIHOP1111111111!!!!!!
« on: February 17, 2017, 08:06:19 PM »
Star Member Equinox Moon (2,980 posts) http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028670532

Theory: Press Conference was Staged. An Act.

Last edited Fri Feb 17, 2017, 08:24 PM - Edit history (1)

Within minutes of the press conference ending a mass email went out from the Trump campaign. It was extensive, not something that could be put together in an hour. It included a long survey regarding questions about the “corrupt media.” Today was a Boeing plant visit with speech. Tomorrow, a campaign rally in Florida. All these events in a coordinated sequence.

Is it possible this entire press conference was staged? Unhinged, yes, and staged.

Here is the so-called survey:
https://action.donaldjtrump.com/mainstream-media-accountability-survey/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=GOP_surveys_Mainstream-Media-Accountability-Survey&utm_content=021617-media-survey-djt-jfc-p-p-hf-e&utm_source=e_p-p

Star Member Equinox Moon (2,980 posts)
3. I just filled one out.

Wow! those questions. He is at war with our first amendment. I had fun with some of my responses.

::)

Star Member loyalsister (10,851 posts)
10. Not just that timeline

With a serious scandal brewing, he seized an opportunity to discredit the people who are revealing it. The persecution and refusal to accept criticism isn't just part of his MO. He has gotten people to join him and keeps digging in to create a narrative so that his supporters join him as enemies of the media. And, they believe that everything that is uncovered is a lie.    

:loser:

Star Member Fast Walker 52 (6,713 posts)
17. **** the base... how soulless and/or dumb and/or horrible must those people be by this point?

and it still can't be a majority of voters...

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
Re: PRESS CONFERENCE WAS MIHOP1111111111!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 08:36:29 PM »
Star Member Fast Walker 52 (6,713 posts)
17. **** the base... how soulless and/or dumb and/or horrible must those people be by this point?

and it still can't be a majority of voters...

I'll kill you.  Gladly.  Does that answer you question, retard?

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 09:13:55 PM »
Evidently these DU-folk are unaccustomed to politician who plan what they want to do and work to carry out those plans. After 8 years of OhBummer, I can kind of understand that.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 09:50:42 PM »
Star Member Equinox Moon (2,980 posts)
3. I just filled one out.

Wow! those questions. He is at war with our first amendment. I had fun with some of my responses.

Making shit up is indeed part of free speech.  Packaging it as fact is libel (written) or slander (spoken).  Nowhere in the USC does it say POTUS must give the press the time of day, much less the self-styled elites.

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 10:13:54 PM »
The Lefts greatest fear is that Trump is effective.

Trump gave a decent presser, and the DUmp goes nuts. literally nuts. they put every spin they can on it, and it does nothing. Trump is teflon. No one trusts the MSM. The Russia thing is not catching on, and Trump ignores the big media players.

Trump has sidestepped everything the libs could throw. of course they're writhing with impotent rage...nothing works. 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 04:30:18 AM »
He is at war with our first amendment.

The first amendment also gives President Trump to say that he thinks the MSM is biased and unfair. It also gives him the right to ignore their "gotcha questions" if he chooses to.

Now if he starts having them arrested or disappeared, then there may be a problem.

Until then, STFU. President Trump is only doing to the corrupt media, what Obama did to Fox News. Which is something that DUmmies and other liberals cheered on.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 07:33:12 AM »
...  Nowhere in the USC does it say POTUS must give the press the time of day, much less the self-styled elites.

Bingo! :cheersmate: Within slander/libel laws and such, the USC recognizes (not gives!) the freedom of the press to publish as they see fit. It does NOT guarantee reporters access to the President, his peeps, or the WH. That they do have access is a privilege, not a right.

But MSM-folk are arrogant elitists, and other Ds, Libs, and Progs are advocating on behalf of MSM-folk they know are partisan Hate-Trumpers.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 08:41:03 AM »
You know, I was not a fan of G-Dub, most especially 2nd term G-Dub, but I sat and watched what the press did to him for years and wondered why he almost NEVER countered their foolishness with a response. I figured it was his attempt to just ignore the stupid and not make himself look foolish by responding to it.  But, we see how that worked out for him. He was relentlessly attacked and many times, it was unjustified BS or outright misleading lies.
It'll be interesting to see how this pans out for Trump... fighting back and calling them to the mat on it, day after day.
The left will believe everything that they want and that isn't likely to change now, or ever... but this war has opened the eyes of a lot of people. In the end, I hope it spells the demise of politically active media outlets.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 08:47:55 AM »
You know, I was not a fan of G-Dub, most especially 2nd term G-Dub, but I sat and watched what the press did to him for years and wondered why he almost NEVER countered their foolishness with a response. I figured it was his attempt to just ignore the stupid and not make himself look foolish by responding to it.  But, we see how that worked out for him. He was relentlessly attacked and many times, it was unjustified BS or outright misleading lies.

And the first George Bush.  And Ronald Reagan.  And Gerald Ford.  And Richard Nixon.  And Lyndon Johnson.

I grew up watching these guys being maligned and mocked by the press, and oftentimes wished they'd fight back, but they never did.

And remaining statesmanslike, above the fray, helped their historical reputations not an iota.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 09:24:51 AM »
It'll be interesting to see how this pans out for Trump... fighting back and calling them to the mat on it, day after day.
The left will believe everything that they want and that isn't likely to change now, or ever... but this war has opened the eyes of a lot of people. In the end, I hope it spells the demise of politically active media outlets.

W's "high road" brought us the disaster of obozo.  In the public's eye and ears if someone publishes a lie about you and it is allowed to stand unchallenged, it is true.

The best example was the Katrina response.  This was the largest and fastest peacetime movement of man and materiel in history but Bush let the lie that it was a day late and a dollar short stand.  That meme never went away.  Add that to "no weapons of mass destruction were found" (they were) and so many others that by the time the 2008 election cycle rolled around Bush had painted himself and the GOP as aggressively apathetic, which obozo rode to the presidency.

Trump is right in his "fight every lie, no matter how small" strategy.  The msm very soon will learn to fact check to the nth degree before even publishing the weather for the day.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2017, 10:02:02 AM »
W's "high road" brought us the disaster of obozo.  In the public's eye and ears if someone publishes a lie about you and it is allowed to stand unchallenged, it is true.

The best example was the Katrina response.  This was the largest and fastest peacetime movement of man and materiel in history but Bush let the lie that it was a day late and a dollar short stand.  That meme never went away.  Add that to "no weapons of mass destruction were found" (they were) and so many others that by the time the 2008 election cycle rolled around Bush had painted himself and the GOP as aggressively apathetic, which obozo rode to the presidency.

Trump is right in his "fight every lie, no matter how small" strategy.  The msm very soon will learn to fact check to the nth degree before even publishing the weather for the day.

Hear, hear.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2017, 02:13:15 PM »
Trump: "The press is a bunch of teen aged  back biting mean girls."

Press: " No we're not! You are a big fat meanie and you are mean. It's not FAAAAIIIIIIRRRRR!!!"

Trump: "Case Closed."

My estimate is that the spread between the media and Trump in the polls went plus 5-7 more points after the past three days.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 03:03:27 PM by jukin »
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline jb2u11

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2017, 02:58:38 PM »
It was the best press conference I've ever seen I enjoyed every minute of it

Offline Karin

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2017, 03:53:05 PM »
So did he.  A happy warrior. 

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2017, 06:06:46 PM »
So did he.  A happy warrior.

I gotta say, The Trumpster seems to be enjoying the hell out of rubbing it in. I could watch this grudge match forever I think

Offline jukin

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2017, 06:58:27 PM »
I gotta say, The Trumpster seems to be enjoying the hell out of rubbing it in. I could watch this grudge match forever I think

Full BLACK KNIGHT MOMENT with the msm. Come back here Trump I still have my left leg and will fight you to the death.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 07:06:19 PM »

I have a feeling that we'll be watching it for around eight years . . . :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2017, 08:51:10 AM »

I have a feeling that we'll be watching it for around eight years . . . :whistling:

I think f2003b is being too kind. I think MSM-folk are too blinded by their own hatred and injured pride to learn anything. I think we'll see this war between the WH and MSM for at least 4 years, and based on the past 4 weeks, I do hope it'll be 8 years, at least.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2017, 10:13:12 AM »
I think f2003b is being too kind. I think MSM-folk are too blinded by their own hatred and injured pride to learn anything. I think we'll see this war between the WH and MSM for at least 4 years, and based on the past 4 weeks, I do hope it'll be 8 years, at least.

Yea, I used to be convinced that media outlets were 100% loyal to advertising dollars, and nothing else. The past 2 years convinced me otherwise.
These are propaganda outlets with an emphasis on profit, and I include Fox in that mix too. Their open denial of Cruz and blatant pimping for Jeb was the last qualifier.
Fox may be the closest to being actual news, but that isn't saying much considering what it is compared to.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2017, 10:42:23 AM »
Yea, I used to be convinced that media outlets were 100% loyal to advertising dollars, and nothing else. The past 2 years convinced me otherwise.
These are propaganda outlets with an emphasis on profit, and I include Fox in that mix too. Their open denial of Cruz and blatant pimping for Jeb was the last qualifier.
Fox may be the closest to being actual news, but that isn't saying much considering what it is compared to.

I started recognizing MSM partisanship back in the Nixon Administration, I think. Life turned my attention away from politics in the mid-70s, but in the late '70s life - working for a defense contractor, seeing how DC screwed around with defense contractors and defense equipment - and seeing Carter's mishandling of Iran turned my interests back to include politics. I should have recognized the MSM's promotion of John Anderson in the 1980 primaries for what it was, but it took the MSM's resurrection and promotion of John McCain in 2008 to realize that the MSM usually had a "favorite" R candidate who was D-light and who they were setting up in the primaries to knock down during the main campaign. In 2008, it was McCain; in 2012 it was Jon Huntsman Jr.; in 2016 they started with Jeb and then switched to John Kasich. Since McCain, one of the things I do early in a Presidential primaries campaign is figure out which R(s) the MSM favor, and then add that person(s) to my, "Oh, Hell no!" list (not that CA's June primary has been relevant since 1980).