Author Topic: brazen primitive furious  (Read 734 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
brazen primitive furious
« on: August 08, 2008, 04:57:18 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3753554

Oh my.

You know, this Edwards story is a discombobulation for the primitives, but really, I've been hoping all day long for some sort of really enormous discombobulation; a Great Discombobulation along the lines of May 12, 2006.  But I suppose the Edwards thing will have to do for now.

brazenlyliberal  Donating Member  (772 posts) Fri Aug-08-08 03:38 PM
Original message

I am FURIOUS at these reports Edwards had an affair.

Not angry that he had the affair - that's between him and Elizabeth and Rielle(?) and none of my damned business. No, I'm royally pissed that it's being reported all over the airwaves.

Why is this news? Why is this breaking news supplanting other stories on every *******ed network? Why is his former campaign manager being quoted as saying he is "saddened and angry"? How the hell is it any of HIS business either? Is this how low we've sunk? I can see that the facts about someone whose private life is in direct conflict with his policies would be pertinent. I can see that the facts about someone whose personal life involves victimizing those younger or weaker would be pertinent. But an adult having an affair with another consenting adult is, I repeat, nobody's *******ed business.

high density  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 03:39 PM
Response to Original message

1. Breaking news: John Edwards is a liar

That seems to be the core problem here, not his affair. I know there are lots of liars in DC, but many of us did give Edwards the benefit of the doubt.

NC_Nurse  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 03:41 PM

6. He's a smarmy liar. People are interested. End of story.

Mojorabbit  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 03:42 PM

7. I am furious at him for having an affair while he was running for president of the democratic ticket, that he took campaign funds that were donated and used them to pay his mistress, that he could have lost the election for us if he had been nominated, and lastly that he hurt his lovely wife not once but twice, when after telling her of the affair he went back to see the woman again behind her back. Scum in my book.

pengillian101  (131 posts) Fri Aug-08-08 03:59 PM
Response to Reply #7

38. "Scum in my book." Ditto

Virginia Dare  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 03:42 PM

10. In other news, the U.S. is on the brink of war with Russia...

Hmmm.  I'd better check that out.

babylonsister  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 03:42 PM

11. Because this is sensational and landed in lazy journos' laps. They didn't have to lift a finger to go to the salacious. Nevermind there are actual important stories out there, like multiple wars being waged, the lying that's going on over the antrax case, Suskind's allegations, etc. That takes hard werk, and no one is willing to do it.

LisaM  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 03:43 PM

12. I had a hunch this would happen. I have a friend who works at MSNBC

I think they have been working really, really hard to push this. She was making squeaks about it last week to my sister and me. I didn't respond and my sister said she didn't care - but I had a feeling they were trying to find a way to break it. She said, "this story isn't going away". Clearly, it was to someone's benefit to push it.

Add to this that the media - including MSNBC and in particular Ed Schultz - is suddenly insisting that Hillary is trying to break up the convention, it's clear that there is a concerted effort to sow seeds of discord within the Democratic party. Who knows where it's originating, but I think GENBC and Rove are two places to start. I don't think Ed Schultz is the source. Occasionally he seems to promote stories based on little knowledge and a visceral reaction that he later backs away from. I've seen this pattern frequently over the past number of months. Someone's playing him like a fiddle. NBC - no clue what's going on there.

Interesting.

Virginia Dare  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 03:50 PM
Response to Reply #12

21. So NBC didn't want to piss of f the Democrats..

because there's a good chance that Obama will get elected, so they peddled it to FAUX?

jonnyblitz  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 03:45 PM

14. I agree! It only should be news if it's a republican or somebody we DUers HATE!!!111

-0+!-0+!-0+!-0+!-interesting exchange here

MadHound  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 03:45 PM

15. Such an affair speaks to a person's character and morals.

I know that's probably viewed as old fashioned and quaint, but nevertheless it is true. And while this affair of Edward's didn't victimize somebody younger and weaker, it did victimize his wife(who is ill) and his family.

My question for you is would you be taking this stance if Edwards was a Republican. Somehow, given the evidence I've seen around here, I doubt that you would.

brazenlyliberal  Donating Member  (772 posts) Fri Aug-08-08 04:41 PM
Response to Reply #15

45. My answer for you is the same as I posted above

Yes, if the situation was the same and it involved a Republican, I would feel the same. I elaborated on this above when someone else asked. I can't imagine what evidence you could possibly "have seen around here" that would lead you to doubt that. Please point out posts I've made that show me to be a hypocrite who holds Republicans to a higher standard than Democrats.

MadHound  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 05:32 PM
Response to Reply #45

49. Really? You would feel the same? Interesting

Because back in February of this year when McCain's lobbyist affair came to light, you were snarking it up right along with the rest of us. You certainly didn't post a diatribe against the media, nope, you were yukking it up too, something about your dog :shrug:

<http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph... >

Sorry, but you're being hypocritical. Good news, you're far from alone around here.

-0+!-0+!-0+!-0+!-end of interesting exchange; the branzen primitive is owned

Evoman  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 03:53 PM

26. Geez....republicans are caught raping little kids and they get less press.

Anybody remember the name of the Republican caught having sex with underage kids?

Was that Congressman Gerry Studds (R-Massachusetts)?  Or did I miss something?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline MrsSmith

Re: brazen primitive furious
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 05:18:01 PM »
I seem to recall an entirely different take on it, when the politician in question had "a wide stance" and waved under a restroom divider.   ::)  That was earth-shattering news!  But a Dim who cheats on his wife and lies to the country...well, actually, that is really is completely normal, isn't it?   :lmao:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.