Author Topic: If it's one thing Proglodytes can't stand, it's an uppity fag  (Read 1183 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
If it's one thing Proglodytes can't stand, it's an uppity fag
« on: December 31, 2016, 06:47:57 AM »
ehrnst (4,901 posts)

The Alt-Rights Worst Troll Gets Book Deal for $250,000

Since Breitbart staffer and online troll Milo Yiannopoulos got banned from Twitter after inciting a massive wave of harassment against actress Leslie Jones, he’s been on a college tour — including a stop at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, where he openly mocked a transgender student. He also, apparently, has been finalizing a book deal: According to The Hollywood Reporter, Yiannopoulos has received a $250,000 deal from Threshold Editions, an imprint at Simon & Schuster.

A spokesperson from Threshold confirmed that they will be publishing Yiannopoulos’s book, Dangerous, on March 14, 2017. They added that it “will be a book on free speech by the outspoken and controversial gay British writer and editor at Breitbart News who describes himself as ‘the most fabulous supervillain on the internet.’”

[Lots of accusations. Yet, no evidence. -- SSG SB]

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/12/milo-yiannopoulos-usd250k-simon-and-schuster-book-deal.html

What's next? A gold-leafed, leather bound annotated new printing of Mein Kampf with a forward by Steve Bannon?

You can contact Simon and Schuster here to let them know what you think. Select the "feedback" topic.

http://www.simonandschuster.com/about/contact_us

nolabear (23,500 posts)

3. I know quite a few authors. S&S is getting slammed big time in the community.

And getting the "liberals don't believe in freedom of speech" blowback. They have every right to publish it, and we have every right to create consequences.

ehrnst (4,901 posts)

4. Damn straight. It's called the free market. (nt)

Volaris (3,441 posts)

6. The other side doesn't like free markets. They like markets that they can control.

1. Projection. You aren't declining to buy a book. You never would have bought the book. You're demanding no one else be allowed to buy the book.

2. It's time to start shutting down Proglodytes.

WhiteTara (19,040 posts)

5. Here are the corporate phone numbers

Corporate Headquarters
SIMON & SCHUSTER, INC.
1230 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020
PHONE: 212-698-7000

Call them next week and tell them how you feel about them publishing hate speech. I know I will. It does have an effect because without customers they won't have a business.

Honestly, we need to call that number as well.

If all S&S hears from are these howling infants that is the all S&S will perceive.

Sherman A1 (18,594 posts)

7. I think it's fine for S&S to publish this book

And while I have no use for the author, they have a right to express themselves. It will be interesting to see just what the sales of this book turn out to be and how quickly they end up on the shelf at Dollar General?

ehrnst (4,901 posts)

8. No one is saying that they don't have the right to publish hate speech.

I'm just saying that the market should tell them what it has to say about it, and boycott if they feel strongly about it.

pstokely (8,487 posts)

16. won't they just buy it in bulk to drive it to the chart of the charts?

like do with others?

Warren DeMontague (75,547 posts)

9. about the ONLY thing Milo is good at is getting certain corners of the "left" to try & shut him up.

Thereby proving his point, that "liberals" are authoritarians who don't believe in free speech.

So, congratulations, you're doing exactly what he wants, here. Best response to that guy is to go "yeah. sure" and ignore him. But he's very good at needling a reaction out of the folks he wants to get a response from.

Honestly, the guy is Gay and he's too young to really remember the last time, for instance, that the Republicans ran the US (yes, I realize he's British) ... I suspect that after they show their true colors, including the homophobia, in a few years he'll grow/wise up just as people like Andrew Sullivan eventually did. In the meantime, he's made a very lucrative career out of little more than setting people off and then sitting back as they try to silence him.

Comparing him to Hitler- or his Jr. Varsity trolling to Mein Kampf- is ridiculous.

Warren DeMontague (75,547 posts)

13. So.. do you want him to make -more- money, or not?

Because all anyone is doing by demanding that S & S not publish dude's book, is writing the ad campaign for the thing:

"find out what liberals didn't think you should be allowed to read!!11!"

Too late.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028416110
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline 67 Rover

Re: If it's one thing Proglodytes can't stand, it's an uppity fag
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 07:01:50 AM »
ehrnst (4,901 posts)

The Alt-Rights Worst Troll Gets Book Deal for $250,000

Since Breitbart staffer and online troll Milo Yiannopoulos got banned from Twitter after inciting a massive wave of harassment against actress Leslie Jones, he’s been on a college tour — including a stop at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, where he openly mocked a transgender student. He also, apparently, has been finalizing a book deal: According to The Hollywood Reporter, Yiannopoulos has received a $250,000 deal from Threshold Editions, an imprint at Simon & Schuster.

A spokesperson from Threshold confirmed that they will be publishing Yiannopoulos’s book, Dangerous, on March 14, 2017. They added that it “will be a book on free speech by the outspoken and controversial gay British writer and editor at Breitbart News who describes himself as ‘the most fabulous supervillain on the internet.’”

[Lots of accusations. Yet, no evidence. -- SSG SB]

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/12/milo-yiannopoulos-usd250k-simon-and-schuster-book-deal.html

What's next? A gold-leafed, leather bound annotated new printing of Mein Kampf with a forward by Steve Bannon?

You can contact Simon and Schuster here to let them know what you think. Select the "feedback" topic.

http://www.simonandschuster.com/about/contact_us

I myself will be waiting for the limited edition bound in human skin.  :-)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 07:13:17 AM »
All this does is prove the point that liberals LOVE them some gays, blacks and women UNLESS those gays, blacks and women are conservative. (Milo, Ben Carson and Sarah Palin as examples).

They are then to be reviled, mocked and derided.

Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 07:13:44 AM »
ehrnst (4,901 posts)

That right there is why YOU won't be getting a quarter-million dollar book deal.  Although a 'Forward!' might have appealed to that particular author.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 08:40:34 AM »
Yet they celebrate the mockumentaries of the Flint MI whale.

Btw,how is Pittstain doing with his book sales,has Amazon figured a way to charge less then a penny or do you have to take 10 copies?

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 09:06:10 AM »
Yet they celebrate the mockumentaries of the Flint MI whale.

Btw,how is Pittstain doing with his book sales,has Amazon figured a way to charge less then a penny or do you have to take 10 copies?
His latest is going for 2.99! That's less than a Disney movie knockoff in the bargain bin at walmart

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Karin

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 09:33:46 AM »
Have these idiots never heard the term "Banned in Boston?"

They link to a petition as well, to stop the publishing.  It's got 82 signatures with a goal of 100,000.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 09:36:25 AM by Karin »

Offline Gamle-ged

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2016, 10:00:13 AM »
"...describes himself as ‘the most fabulous supervillain on the internet.’”

Not being transgender, th' guy (still) has balls!...
"This is football season. A team can have more yards and lose the game. What matters is how many points you put on the board. The Electoral College is the points."   (Newt Gingrich)

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2016, 10:08:57 AM »
I wish someone with a mole would gently nudge them into deciding that they were going to steal the books and burn them publicly...

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2016, 10:10:55 AM »
Ok, wait. So now it's cool to ban/burn books? Do I need to update my "rules for idiots" guide?
It's hard to keep up with the rate of change right now.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2016, 10:20:17 AM »
Ok, wait. So now it's cool to ban/burn books? Do I need to update my "rules for idiots" guide?
It's hard to keep up with the rate of change right now.

There is only one rule among Proglodytes: Gain and hold power.

Banning books is bad if it hurts their ability to gain and hold power.

Banning books is good if it helps their ability to gain and hold power.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2016, 10:21:43 AM »
Dearest I(D)iots,

MILO Rockets to #1 Spot on Amazon Bestsellers List One Day After Announcing Book

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/12/30/milo-rockets-to-2-spot-on-amazon-bestsellers-list-one-day-after-announcing-book/

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:  :bigbird:

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Karin

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2016, 01:19:46 PM »
But but but...what about those 82 signatures demanding S&S not publish????

:lmao:  I knew that would happen.  That guy is quite beloved. 

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2016, 01:28:00 PM »
But but but...what about those 82 signatures demanding S&S not publish????

:lmao:  I knew that would happen.  That guy is quite beloved.

It is up to 86.  Lets see at about a minute to 2 minutes per signature it will take about 2500 hours or 3 months nonstop to get to 100,000.  Assuming the rate stays constant.

Yep, this is a MOVEMENT!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2016, 03:53:54 PM »
I myself will be waiting for the limited edition bound in human skin.  :-)
Foreskin, I presume.  😨   :whistling:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”