Author Topic: Break out the butter and jam because TRUMP IS TOAST!  (Read 636 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Break out the butter and jam because TRUMP IS TOAST!
« on: December 08, 2016, 06:25:05 AM »
oldtime dfl_er (5,480 posts)

L.A.-based Holocaust claims lawyer sues FBI over Clinton warrant

E. Randol Schoenberg was confused when he read a New York Times article in the waning days of the presidential election reporting the FBI had obtained a warrant to seize new material in the Hillary Clinton email case.
“I thought, ‘What does that mean?’” he told the Journal. “Normally you have to show probable cause. That’s what it says in the Fourth Amendment.”

http://www.jewishjournal.com/articles/item/l.a._based_jewish_art_lawyer_sues_fbi_over_clinton_warrant

MADem (134,104 posts)

2. Wow--what he's saying, in essence, is that someone lied to the FBI to make trouble for HRC....

“It’s like somebody’s been to your house and searched ten times and says, ‘Oops, there’s a drawer I missed. Can I go back in?’” Schoenberg said.

The New York Times article was the last time Schoenberg saw mention of a search warrant in the press. So he decided to file a request on Nov. 12 under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) to review the warrant. Two days later, the FBI acknowledged receiving his request.

The transparency law allows government agencies twenty days, excluding holidays and weekends, to determine whether it will comply with the request and notify the petitioner. When that time period elapsed, Schoenberg contacted David B. Rankin, a Manhattan-based attorney specializing in FOIA requests, and filed suit in the United States District Court of Southern New York.

In an interview with the Journal, Schoenberg speculated one of two things happened to allow the FBI to obtain a search warrant: Either a lax judge didn’t care enough to scrutinize the warrant application, or “it could be something more nefarious."
Not unlikely, by his estimation, is that somebody provided the FBI allegedly incriminating information that turned out to be untrue.

(emphasis by Proglodyte)

Also not unlikely:

* The FBI requires more than mere hearsay before it will swear to a probable cause affidavit

* The NYT got its story wrong

* Plaintiff is a loon

* so are the rest of you

world wide wally (6,814 posts)

3. I'm glad someone is using his brains

Where?

progressoid (39,169 posts)

4. This is potentially very serious, something that if traced back to Donald Trump...

“This is potentially very serious, something that if traced back to Donald Trump might even lead to impeachment,”

I'd be surprised if it leads back to Drumpf. At best it will end at one of his lackeys.

Let me see how this is supposed to work.

Trump, realizing he's losing, puts on a fake moustache to disguise his voice then calls up Comey and fabricates a claim from thin air that Hillary is hiding something suspicious in her underwear draw. With no sense of credulity the FBI draws straws to see who will have to go through Hillary's underwear drawer. The agent who draws the short straw then writes up a probable cause affidavit and hands it a judge who, also with no sense of credulity, issues the warrant. The episode is then brought to the attention of the NYT and only the NYT who flawlessly reports every detail in a report nobody ever talked about during the campaign because that's how you derail a candidacy.

Well, by all means, let's turn on the impeachment machine.

madaboutharry (24,166 posts)

7. My money is on Giuliani.

He was crowing about it on tv like he had inside information, information coming from himself.

Yes. That thing no one heard any specifics about is totally what derailed the election.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028341323
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
Re: Break out the butter and jam because TRUMP IS TOAST!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 06:30:51 AM »
Seriously, I want to know how these idiots are able to accomplish the simplest of tasks without a brain.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 06:37:18 AM »
The only thing I heard about a warrant was for permission to read what they had discovered and at first the DOJ tried to fight it but then relented and issued one.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 06:57:56 AM »
Seriously, I want to know how these idiots are able to accomplish the simplest of tasks without a brain.

They don't leave home without it.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 07:37:02 AM »

Shit like this is part of their autonomic nervous systems.  They've evolved that way. :whatever:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Karin

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 07:47:03 AM »
Trump, realizing he's losing, puts on a fake moustache to disguise his voice
:rotf: :rofl: