Author Topic: Just a ******* minute here! What did you just say!?!  (Read 1093 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Just a ******* minute here! What did you just say!?!
« on: December 06, 2016, 04:29:54 PM »
I already started a thread on how the Proglodytes were siding with China to punish the US for electing Trump. From that same thread comes this:

randr (7,180 posts)

18. It would end the Walmart Empire

Johonny (14,243 posts)

37. Exactly

The one thing W and Co. understood that as long as they kept goods' prices low then the pain of the stagnant economy wouldn't feel as harsh. It was one of the primary goals of his presidency: keep inflation low on household goods. Trump's talk of tariffs, trade wars, and worse would have one certain effect: drive inflation. Particularly inflation in goods destine to the very people that voted for him. The middle America Walmart shoppers. If they think the economy left them behind under Obama, just wait until that 35% tariff kicks in. And no it won't make American goods viable in the market place. Typically tariffs simply allow American companies to drive up the price of their own goods even higher. The result will be run away inflation. And down will go Walmart and most retail stores as Trump will be slashing salaries, driving up middle class tax burden, and likely driving up the deficit.

DemocratSinceBirth (74,498 posts)

42. It would end a lot more than the Wal Mart empire. It would end a lot of retail

THIS:

If they think the economy left them behind under Obama, just wait until that 35% tariff kicks in. And no it won't make American goods viable in the market place. Typically tariffs simply allow American companies to drive up the price of their own goods even higher.

Are there televisions, computers, appliances made in America?

I have all of them in my home, like most Americans, and none are made in the U.S.A.

Demsrule86 (8,148 posts)

44. We should manufacture those things though.

But to suddenly slap a tariff on with no investment in manufacturing here would cause economic disaster.

DemocratSinceBirth (74,498 posts)

45. You would have to give working class Americans huge raises to afford them.

You would have to give working class Americans huge raises to afford them. In the absence of those raises they are going to get screwed.

I can buy a 40 inch flat screen for $169.00 !!!. I paid nearly $300.00 for a RCA 25 inch color tv in the early nineties.

So, you assholes who...

* demand punitive tax rates and

* massive minimum wage hikes and

* refuse to admit it will drive up consumer prices

are suddenly claiming taxes and higher wages drive up consumer prices.

Glad to see you finally admit it, even if in a Halley's comet-esque once-in-a-lifetime blazing display of hypocrisy.

Yes, taxes and wages are reflected in consumer prices; but here's a novel idea:

Let's lower the cost of doing business in the US to something that attracts companies.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028335963#post18
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Just a ******* minute here! What did you just say!?!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 04:37:29 PM »
Sure. let's just pile on the hypocrisy.

99center (473 posts)

65 Million Americans Should Threaten to Not Pay Taxes

Until democracy is restored
http://time.com/4590994/popular-vote-tax-pledge/

"The approximately 65 million Democrats who voted for Hillary Clinton should pledge that in the future if a Republican wins the presidency with fewer votes than a Democrat for the third time in our era, we won’t pay taxes to the federal government. No taxation without representation!

Twice in the past 16 years, a Republican candidate who finished second in the popular vote has won the presidency. This year, Donald Trump won the electoral vote with about 46% of the popular vote, while Hillary Clinton received about 48%. If the parties stay this evenly divided, another electoral mishap is more likely than not in the next 20 years.

Most Republicans are quite content with this system. Appeals to fairness have not persuaded them of the need to amend the Constitution to establish direct presidential elections, preferably with a runoff if no one wins 50% of the vote. Nor does the real chance that a Democrat could win the presidency with fewer votes than a Republican alarm them. Even the taunt, “Are you afraid of a direct election? Can’t you win a straight-up vote?” doesn’t faze them. Democrats must, therefore, pester Republicans where it hurts: the pocketbook.

Is signing a pledge to not pay taxes legal? Yes, if no overt act of conspiracy is involved, and the pledge itself is hypothetical. No one knows when or if it would be carried out. "

It's unsettling that our tax's will now be used to further the agenda of an alt-right neo-nazi administration.

Go for it.

And then we can defund every government program not enumerated in the Constitution.

Nwgirl503 (45 posts)

1. I won't threaten to not pay

But I promise, I will pay an accountant or tax attorney to find me EVERY. SINGLE. LOOPHOLE. available. I don't care if I spend equal or more than I would have paid in taxes, for a professional to find me loopholes out of them. If it's good enough for our prez, it's good enough for me.

philosslayer (2,932 posts)

7. Wouldn't you normally do that anyway?

Do you now not take deductions you are entitled to?

When philosfellator is the voice of reason you have already lost.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028336872
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Karin

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 04:42:54 PM »
as Trump will be slashing salaries, driving up middle class tax burden

The president of the U.S. sets everyone's salaries?  When does he have time to do anything else?   :lmao:  Moron.  And Trump's on the record of being in favor of substantial middle class tax cuts. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 05:23:41 PM by Karin »

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 04:47:54 PM »
It won't end WalMart, sorry, DUmmies.  There will always be a next-lower producer, be it Thailand, India, Brazil, Taiwan, Philippines, Viet Nam,or whatever. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 05:54:48 PM »
99center (473 posts)

Go for it.
I've got plenty of acreage and I'll survive it... even though I'd have to move back home.
What about you, DUmmie?

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 09:05:41 PM »
Nwgirl503 (45 posts)

1. I won't threaten to not pay

But I promise, I will pay an accountant or tax attorney to find me EVERY. SINGLE. LOOPHOLE. available. I don't care if I spend equal or more than I would have paid in taxes, for a professional to find me loopholes out of them. If it's good enough for our prez, it's good enough for me.

Ohhhhh..... and GAO was so looking forward to that $1.34.

So, you assholes who...

* demand punitive tax rates and

* massive minimum wage hikes and

* refuse to admit it will drive up consumer prices

are suddenly claiming taxes and higher wages drive up consumer prices.

Glad to see you finally admit it, even if in a Halley's comet-esque once-in-a-lifetime blazing display of hypocrisy.

:cheersmate:  Amazing, isn't it!

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 09:08:43 PM »
It won't end WalMart, sorry, DUmmies.  There will always be a next-lower producer, be it Thailand, India, Brazil, Taiwan, Philippines, Viet Nam,or whatever.

Forget it ....  they're rolling.   :-)

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline beefeater

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 09:25:57 PM »

99center (473 posts)

There's a fighting chance that what 65 million Hillary voters actually pay in taxes wouldn't run the government for an hour

They're pretty much irrelevant
My Old Man was a Chicago Republican until the day he died.

Then he became a democrat.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 10:12:03 PM »
There's a fighting chance that what 65 million Hillary voters actually pay in taxes wouldn't run the government for an hour

They're pretty much irrelevant

I figure a large portion of that 65 million are on government assistance and are not paying taxes any way. Another large portion (the limo libs) are using the same loopholes (and more) that they condemn Trump for using to avoid paying taxes.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 05:30:30 AM »

H5 for the Animal House reference! :-)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 06:30:28 AM »
99center (473 posts)

http://time.com/4590994/popular-vote-tax-pledge/

"The approximately 65 million Democrats who voted for Hillary Clinton should pledge that in the future if a Republican wins the presidency with fewer votes than a Democrat for the third time in our era, we won’t pay taxes to the federal government. No taxation without representation!
You vote for your House member to represent you in the House for that reason. Retard.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 07:54:11 AM »
Mehhhhhh ... DU-folk are trying to assuage their Post-Election-Butt-Hurt by fantasizing how Trump will hurt those who voted against their interest by voting for him.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 07:59:23 AM »

:cheersmate:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.