Author Topic: I think I found Nuclear Unicorn hiding among the jippers  (Read 488 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
I think I found Nuclear Unicorn hiding among the jippers
« on: November 29, 2016, 06:50:31 AM »
The "NU" seems obvious enough. "Grrl" is a feminist affectation and she always imagined herself a feminist.

NUGrrl    (23 posts)

So, now that the ACA is going to be dismantled —

Rep. Tom Price (R-GA), President-elect Donald Trump’s pick for Health and Human Services Secretary, already has a plan for how to abolish Obamacare.

The Washington Post reported late Monday that Trump intends to announce Price, who currently serves as House Budget Chair, to lead the federal agency overseeing Medicare, Medicaid, and the Affordable Care Act.

Price will arrive with at HHS with a clear blueprint for what comes next: he is the author of the Empowering Patients First Act, one of the most thorough and detailed proposals to repeal and replace Obamacare. He’s the HHS Secretary you’d pick if you were dead serious about dismantling the law.

http://www.vox.com/2016/11/28/13772342/trump-tom-price-obamacare

What next?

Don’t pin your hopes on the filibuster. The ACA was passed under the budgetary rule of “Reconciliation” in order to skirt the filibuster. No doubt the GOP has revenge on its mind and will have no compunctions about using that same rule to kill the law. Add to this the fact the USSC ruled the penalties a tax provision means the path is cleared to treat the ACA as budget law, and thus the Senate’s long standing rules say it cannot be filibustered.

Don’t pin your hopes on Single Payer or Universal Healthcare, either. After the failure to launch in Vermont and the 4:1 defeat of the ballot initiative in Colorado despite the state voting for Clinton no one is going to grab that patch of nettles anytime soon (and I can’t help but think having a nominee who said it will “never, ever” happen didn’t help).

Don’t pin your hopes on the law settling into some sort of equilibrium while Congress haggles about it. Obama was shunting billions of dollars — without appropriations — into the coffers of for-profit private corporations to keep the federal exchanges afloat. Trump need do nothing apart from simply obeying the law as written in order to watch the law collapse in on itself. That doesn’t even account for the dozens of states that opted out, or the other states that established exchanges just to see them go under. Of the dozen or so that remain half will be gone by 2018 based on current projections.

The ACA is dead.

To put it bluntly we gambled all of our chips on this one bet and we lost. It was passed acrimoniously, it was administered spitefully, and it was held up without magnanimity. Sure, it covered people with pre-existing conditions but all complaints that premiums and deductibles were skyrocketing while caregivers and policies were shrinking were ignored. The law wasn’t championed for its positives, it became little more than a thing to rub the RWers’ noses in even though we had to pad the pockets of insurance corporations to do so.

Lover Boy [her pet name for her husband -- SSG SB] has always said, “Govern as if you know you’re going to lose power some day.” Well, that day is upon us. This and his taking me as his wife speaks volumes about his wisdom.

We need to seek an honorable peace.

Knowing the ACA is about to be dismantled and we have no good options and a vindictive, antagonized victor now looms over us do we have any reasonable options for preserving some of the law’s more beneficial aspects, i.e. continuing to cover those with pre-existing conditions?

http://www.jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/so-now-that-the-aca-is-going-to-be-dismantled/

I guess Skinner is stuck with nothing but the lunatics now.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: I think I found Nuclear Unicorn hiding among the jippers
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 07:22:45 AM »
One benefit of Obozocare is that it brought government inanity right into the entire populations view screen.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 07:28:14 AM »
Quote from:
NUGrrl

This and his taking me as his wife speaks volumes about his wisdom.

hehehehehehehe

Now *that* would be funny on Skin's island with the KluelessKluckKlams.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 07:30:35 AM »
NUGrrl    (23 posts)

So, now that the ACA is going to be dismantled —

Rep. Tom Price (R-GA), President-elect Donald Trump’s pick for Health and Human Services Secretary, already has a plan for how to abolish Obamacare.

The Washington Post reported late Monday that Trump intends to announce Price, who currently serves as House Budget Chair, to lead the federal agency overseeing Medicare, Medicaid, and the Affordable Care Act.

Price will arrive with at HHS with a clear blueprint for what comes next: he is the author of the Empowering Patients First Act, one of the most thorough and detailed proposals to repeal and replace Obamacare. He’s the HHS Secretary you’d pick if you were dead serious about dismantling the law.

http://www.vox.com/2016/11/28/13772342/trump-tom-price-obamacare

What next?

Don’t pin your hopes on the filibuster. The ACA was passed under the budgetary rule of “Reconciliation” in order to skirt the filibuster. No doubt the GOP has revenge on its mind and will have no compunctions about using that same rule to kill the law. Add to this the fact the USSC ruled the penalties a tax provision means the path is cleared to treat the ACA as budget law, and thus the Senate’s long standing rules say it cannot be filibustered.
The TLDR version: the same BS tactics you democrats used to pass Obamacare will now be used to kill it.
 :nelson:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 08:28:47 AM »
I guess Skinner is stuck with nothing but the lunatics now.

When hasn't he been? :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.