Author Topic: Proglodytes want FedRes to sabotage economy; think deficit under control  (Read 669 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Yavin4 (23,157 posts)

Janet Yellen and the Federal Reserve needs to raise interest rates soon and often

Higher borrowing costs are the only checks on Trump and the congress from exploding the national debt to pay for tax cuts for the rich and wars abroad.

Kinda makes a strong case for abolishing the Federal Reserve.

Wounded Bear (11,989 posts)

1. They won't give a shit...

remember, deficits only matter when there is a D in the White House. Trump is the King of Debt.

No problem.

And the fact Obumbles has racked up more debt than all other presidents combined means what to you?

Yeah. We thought so.

Yavin4 (23,157 posts)

3. True, but they won't be able to run from it. They will have to own it.

Higher rates also slows down the economy.

Dawson Leery (15,112 posts)

2. 5% should be the target.

The deficit is under control and must be kept that way. Raise those rates!

Yavin4 (23,157 posts)

4. Yep. Take the credit card away from the affluenza teens in the WH and Congress. n/t

You mean like Obama giving billions to insurance companies without legal appropriations to prop up his failed law?

Hoyt (27,986 posts)

6. I get the point, but don't think that idea is good for anyone in this economy.

I despise Trump as much as anyone, but sending us and the world back into a high unemployment recession is not the way to fight the pig.

Dawson Leery (15,112 posts)

7. ...at the same time, Donnie cannot blow up the deficit.

GDP and debt are equal. We do not have much room to move at this point.

So let's cut all funding for you leeches.

If it's not enumerated in the Constitution, it goes.

Yavin4 (23,157 posts)

9. With low interest rates, Trump and the Republicans can cut taxes on the wealthy, engage in wars,

and de-regulate us into another massive credit bubble. All of which would damage us much more than slightly higher unemployment.

It's fine to have low rates when reasonable people run the government, but when lunatics are at the helm with no one to check them is the reason why the Fed was created in the first place.

But those wars and corporate handouts would be just fine under Hillary.

Yavin4 (23,157 posts)

11. OPEC is cutting production so oil is on the rise

The dollar is safe. However, you cannot let the Republicans take advantage of that and lower interest rates.

Petulant children seeking to destroy what they cannot have.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028313729
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Proglodytes want FedRes to sabotage economy; think deficit under control
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 04:59:16 AM »
You would get more sensible economic discussions at the zoo.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 07:45:27 AM »
Quote from:
Yavin4

It's fine to have low rates when reasonable people run the government, but when lunatics are at the helm with no one to check them is the reason why the Fed was created in the first place.

I've watched it for years, but it still gets me how they can just dream up something as being real and then spout it off as if everyone knows and agrees.

That's  :mental:

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 07:57:08 AM »
... exploding the national debt ...

For Trump to "explode the national debt" he'd have to gather and reassemble the smithereens Obama blasted from here to Pluto!

It could be easily explained that tax cuts for the "rich" result in them paying more taxes due to them earning more through more productive investments and business ventures, but Libs & Progs can't see beyond their horror for tax cuts and their hatred for the rich.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 01:52:32 PM »
pay for tax cuts

I hated that phrase from the first time I saw it used and understood its import.

Only in the minds of the big government minded, do tax cuts need to be "payed for".

To everyone else, it means keeping more of what has been rightfully earned and government can tighten up its damn spending to make up for it.

CMD

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 02:43:55 PM »
CMD, I think of that "everyone else" as normal people. It's important to juxtapose tax-and-spend screw-the-rich Libs/Progs and normal people.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 03:24:30 PM »
CMD, I think of that "everyone else" as normal people. It's important to juxtapose tax-and-spend screw-the-rich Libs/Progs and normal people.

Very true. I should have said "Normal people who can think critically".

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 04:14:29 PM »
I've watched it for years, but it still gets me how they can just dream up something as being real and then spout it off as if everyone knows and agrees.

That's  :mental:

It is the infinite DUmmy theory at work.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no_elVGGgW8[/youtube]

So far they haven't produced much beyond a waste of bandwidth.   :whistling:
< watch this space for coming distractions >