Author Topic: MineralMan will remember  (Read 807 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
MineralMan will remember
« on: November 27, 2016, 12:14:02 PM »
MineralMan (88,515 posts)

If you fought against Hillary Clinton after the Democratic convention, [View all]

I will remember you. If you begin to complain about what Trump is doing after January 20, I'll remember your attacks on the Democratic nominee. I may remind you of them from time to time. In that regard, I'm a lot like Anonymous. I do not forget. I know, too, that I am not alone in having an excellent memory.

You may have privilege enough to weather the storm created by the Trump administration. I don't know. But, for so many people, there is no privilege that will carry them through a disastrous time. They will remember, too, those who attacked the Democratic nominee and then failed to vote for a Presidential candidate or for a third party candidate in one of the states where that led to a Trump win.

We will remember. We will remind you. Count on it.

Just saying...

Ooooh. Scary.

Do you know what we will remember?

Do you know what we will remind you of?

Hillary lost.

:tongue:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/12512627230
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: MineralMan will remember
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 12:23:30 PM »
:ohnoes:

I'm so scared!  Damn internet bully!
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 12:36:13 PM »
Oh, man.

It gets better...

musicblind (3,623 posts)

83. I will join the OP in remembering.

Just as we will always remember the monsters who voted Nader in 2000 and therefore have the blood of hundreds of thousands on their hands; just as we remember those who stood by after Kristallnacht and disapproved but remained silent, just as we remember the bystanders who helped to murder Kitty Genovese and the onlookers who failed to stop the caning of Sumner. Just as we remember the enablers, the equivocators, and the responsibility diffusers, we will also remember the vengeful arrogant 'purity' voters who put their own self-righteousness above the lives of the many.

To accidentally enact a monstrosity is bad, but to knowingly allow one is worse.

These people will never be forgotten. Their names will be etched into the edifice of time, not as the 'pure and righteous' that they hoped, but as the selfish, the indulgent and the egocentric.

Selfishness always has a justification and it is always wrong.

I voted for Sanders during the primary, but I voted for Clinton during the general election.

There are some here who may even harbor a secret happiness that Clinton did not win, because for them... it was all a game of "I Told You So." It was all about their personal revenge.

Those are the monsters hiding behind the mask of basic human decency.

It is our duty to never forget, because if we forget, then history will repeat itself the next time a Nader comes along.

musicblind (3,623 posts)

117. I will admit that my post was harsh and that I could have said that in a better way.

But I wish you knew how this election affects me... personally. I am gay and I live in one of the top 20 reddest counties in America. I feel threatened and hated on a daily basis. [Maybe it's NOT because you're gay and "disabled." Maybe it's because you're a histrionic asshole -- SSG SB] I am on disability and now Medicaid because I am deaf, among other ailments. Before that, I struggled greatly with healthcare because of my pre-existing conditions.

I was horribly bullied in school. I had physical Tourette's in the form of violent seizures that required teacher's aids to help me walk in 4th grade. Kids were horribly cruel and those kids grew up to be the Donald Trumps of the world.

This was not an election where the other choice was Romney or McCain. This was not an election where the other guy was someone I merely disagreed with. This election was different.

People who wanted to punish the DNC by installing Trump are not principled people. They are vengeful people. They are people who turned their back on me when I needed their help. It didn't matter that I voted for Sanders during the primary and that many like me voted for Sanders during the primary... it didn't matter that social programs keeping me alive could be on the line... it didn't matter that my right to fall in love and marry could be on the line. All that mattered to them was sending a message to the DNC because they didn't get their way during the primary. All that mattered was their personal purity and nothing else.

That is selfish, plain and simple.

Voting so that you can "feel pure and superior" while gleefully waiting for those you do not consider "pure enough" to burn and suffer ... that is not flawed reasoning... it is selfish reasoning.

Now, they want to post things like: "I told you so" or "I thought we weren't wanted"! or some other contemptuous statement while laughing at the pain and suffering of people they did not deem "pure enough" to deserve peace and safety.

They say that they warned us that if we didn't install Sanders in the primary that they would never forget... and they followed through. Now you think those of us who warned them that WE would never forget should just bend over so they can screw us again four years from now? Because that is exactly what they will do!

Sanders warned them to vote for Clinton.

Bill Maher warned them to vote for Clinton.

John Oliver warned them to vote for Clinton.

Even the Young Turks warned them to vote for Clinton in the end.

They knew what was happening. They wanted it to happen. They wanted to hurt me and people like me.

They don't really care about me and my life. I now know that they would throw me into a furnace if it meant they got to feel righteous, pure, and vindicated.

Look at the venom they spew? Look at the things they said about Hillary supporters during the general? Look at some of the things being posted on these very forums, right now. These are not loving people. These people hate me and yet you want me to embrace them?

They didn't "get over it" so why should we?

You have no idea what I lost during this election. You have no idea what I have been through.

This was not an ordinary election. This was not Jeb Bush or John Kasich at the top of that ticket. They knew that, but they didn't care.

I should have clarified in my first post that I do not hate them, but I now know that they do hate me. Hatred begats hatred and all I am seeing from them is hate.

So, yes, I will suffer greatly and I am sure they will enjoy it and "drink my tears" and all the other things they said they would do. But I'm not going to be okay with that. I will never be okay with that.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 12:40:12 PM »
Rock head George just needs to remember to put his Depends underwear on each day.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 12:44:55 PM »
Response to MineralMan (Reply #8)Sat Nov 26, 2016, 11:04 AM
Star Member Baitball Blogger (24,309 posts)
10. My mistake.

I thought you were saying that you would not forgive Democrats who were critical of Hillary after the primary.
Response to Baitball Blogger (Reply #10)Sat Nov 26, 2016, 11:07 AM
Star Member MineralMan (88,516 posts)
11. Read my words. I used the words "fought against,"

not criticized.
If you don't think there were people fighting against her election from our side of the political spectrum after the nomination, then you weren't paying attention, I think.

I also said I would not "forget," not "forgive."

I try to use words carefully, in the hope that people will read them carefully, too.

Yes, when I read your words carefully, I can see the great distinction between fighting against and criticizing.  I'm glad I didn't make the same mistake as that fool Baitball Blogger.

Response to MineralMan (Reply #11)Sat Nov 26, 2016, 11:10 AM
14. Does the difference between forget and forgive really matter?

I don't think so. Look, we are at rock bottom and the only glimmer of light is the growing evidence that our win was stolen from us. If there is anytime to come together between the Green Party and Democrats of all factions, it is now.
Response to Baitball Blogger (Reply #14)Sat Nov 26, 2016, 11:13 AM
Star Member MineralMan (88,516 posts)
16. There is an enormous difference in meaning between those

two words. I suggest a visit to a dictionary site if you're not aware of their meanings. I chose the words I used because I understand what they mean and the difference between their meanings. You misread two different words in my post, somehow, and used different ones from ones I used. I pointed that out to you.

As for the Green Party and its like, I am not interested. So far, in my lifetime, two presidencies have been lost, in part due to that group and similar groups. Truly, I think the Green Party should separate entirely and field its own candidates and leave the Democratic Party alone. They aren't helping.

Get a damn dictionary, Baitball Blogger, if you want to have any hope of following along with the towering intellect and careful wordsmith Mineral Man, you fool.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 01:08:28 PM »
I'm so thankful that the DUmp is back.  They are absolutely out doing Bush Derangement Syndrome.

Trump Derangement Syndrome shall be on full display for 8 years.  A wonderful thing.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 01:14:43 PM »
Quote from:
MineralMan

As for the Green Party and its like, I am not interested. So far, in my lifetime, two presidencies have been lost, in part due to that group and similar groups. Truly, I think the Green Party should separate entirely and field its own candidates and leave the Democratic Party alone.

Uhh.................... they are separate and they did field their own candidate.

MM, if you need to know the meaning of the words "are" and "did", consult a dictionary.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2016, 01:59:22 PM »
Man, this is s-o-o-o-o-o-o true.

Maybe it's NOT because you're gay and "disabled." Maybe it's because you're a histrionic asshole -- SSG SB]

I live in the deepest red county in the whole state of red Nebraska, and I notice that people who whine about being tormented base the allegation on some personal characteristic, rather than on their own personality.

<<<have never been bullied because am deaf.

<<<however, have been bullied those times was being a jerk.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2016, 02:01:41 PM »
I'm so thankful that the DUmp is back.  They are absolutely out doing Bush Derangement Syndrome.

Trump Derangement Syndrome shall be on full display for 8 years.  A wonderful thing.

RW, I haven't been this giddy, for so long, since my very first ex-girlfriend decided she was going to put out.
I still haven't stopped smiling.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2016, 02:16:50 PM »

Yep.   Far, far worse.

Response to MineralMan (Reply #11)Sat Nov 26, 2016, 11:10 AM
14. Does the difference between forget and forgive really matter?

I don't think so. Look, we are at rock bottom

Au contraire, little bitches. 

2 0 1 8

and the only glimmer of light is the growing evidence that our win was stolen from us.

Even the hacks and experts that are responsible for this recount nonsense say that there is no evidence of that and your electoral college tantrums will not, ARE NOT resonating with much of anyone.  It's a delaying tactic to nullify the EV's of Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

If there is anytime to come together between the Green Party and Democrats of all factions, it is now.

They hate you as much as they hate us.  Have fun!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 02:19:14 PM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Karin

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2016, 10:30:37 PM »
There is so much to be thankful. for, isn't there?   :yahoo:

However, I'm shaking in my boots over rockhead's never forgetting.   :panic: