Author Topic: Up-Twinkles for Skinner  (Read 1163 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Up-Twinkles for Skinner
« on: November 27, 2016, 08:26:01 AM »
Skinner (62,698 posts)

Without free and open elections a government leader is not legitimate.

You can talk all you want about Cuba's record on literacy and health care. But there is no ignoring the fact that the Cuban people do not have any legitimate mechanism to peacefully select those who rule them.

You might think Fidel was swell, but there is no legitimate way of knowing whether the Cuban people thought so. Because Fidel never had the guts -- or the respect for his own people -- to stand for free, fair and open elections.

Yes, I know what the Cuba-apologists are going to say. You are going to claim that the sham one-party elections in Cuba where candidates must get approval from the government to run unopposed are more democratic than the American system because electoral college, campaign contributions, hacked voting machines, Trump, imperialist Yankee propaganda. And I don't doubt you believe it. But that doesn't make it true.

Elections. There is no substitute.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028306442
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
Re: Up-Twinkles for Skinner
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 08:43:03 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028306442

The Cuban arguments just baffle me and how convenient it is to pretend every argument in the world has a black side, a white side and no gray. Everything is a single issue.
Overwhelmingly, Castro was an f-ing nightmare for his people.  To argue that the previous oversight was far worse is somewhat baffling to me as I do not understand how it is at all relevant: Castro was a brutal dictator.
The condition of Cuba is a direct result of it. Arguing otherwise is like blaming the penal system for ruining the life of an axe murderer by punishing him with prison time, and that his dad was far worse because he killed people with a shotgun. That makes the axe murderer a hero because he served dinner to people before he killed them without pause afterwords.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 11:04:37 AM »
I'll be reeeeeeeeeally kind and give Skinner a quarter of a kudo. Cuba's "elections" have been as phony as he said, but is that even in the parking lot of the stadium of Castro's worst oppressions?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 11:05:09 AM »
Holy  ka-s**t f**k!!!  Skimmer said WHAT?.?
It appears 24 business hours have passed, there's ice skating in Hades and all the cows are home..
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 11:11:45 AM »
I think $kinner has reached that pesky stage of grief, acceptance.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 11:25:41 AM »
Skins account has been hacked!!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 04:38:05 PM »
 :wtf2: :wtf3: :ohnoes: :panic:

Skinner is pissed.  I think he was just officially and irrevocably cut off from the DNC ca$h $ources.  He's trying to retaliate by popping one of the favorite dream balloons of his flock.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2016, 07:34:27 PM »
I think $kinner has reached that pesky stage of grief, acceptance.

Yes. His little DU sinecure just went down with the SS Hillary-Titanic.  H5!

:wtf2: :wtf3: :ohnoes: :panic:

Skinner is pissed.  I think he was just officially and irrevocably cut off from the DNC ca$h $ources.  He's trying to retaliate by popping one of the favorite dream balloons of his flock.

I expect these little bombs to continue.  He now needs ad revenue since his wife is now effectively unemployed and nothing better than to tweak his user's noses to get hits. 

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say she has told him he needs to be the breadwinner in a big way now. Can't expect Ms. Skinner to actually have to give up her opulent hillary gravy train lifestyle just because the bitch lost the election now.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2016, 07:51:42 PM »
I've always found it curious when the libs toss out the health care and education of the Cuban people like that means something other than Castro has literate, healthy thralls serving him. "They may be oppressed but at least they're educated and healthy.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Karin

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2016, 10:03:01 PM »
Well they're not healthy.  They're hungry.  Farmers have to use nineteenth century farming practices (Ox and plow) and subsist on a largely vegetarian, low protein diet.  I remember a dumbass applauding that because it was so "healthy."  **** YOU.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2016, 10:15:10 PM »
Skins account has been hacked!!

:-)

They keep on repeating the health care (bullshit) and literacy (bullshit) mantras.  Clue, Idiots:  It's bullshit.  Going to school does not make you literate, does not make you smart and, unless done correctly, imparts mass confusion on the student.

My proof?

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2016, 10:19:33 PM »
"They may be oppressed but at least they're educated and healthy.

Neither of which is provable by any sane, consistent metric.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx