Author Topic: Tobin worried about drug test.  (Read 853 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Tobin worried about drug test.
« on: October 14, 2016, 05:35:56 PM »
Star Member Tobin S. (9,136 posts) http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018899068

I'm having anxiety about anxiety that's giving me anxiety.

Once a year I have to do a Department of Transportation physical for my job. I'm a trucker. Usually, drivers only have to do that once every two years, but I'm a little dinged up so they make me come in every year. That happens to most drivers as they age. If you have a blood pressure or a cholesterol problem, for example, they'll only issue your physical for one year. There are major problems that will disqualify a driver completely. I don't have any of those.

But I do have sleep apnea and my blood pressure was a little high at my last physical, so they want to see me every year. I've been trying to combat these problems because they are weight related. I've dropped 40 pounds since April, but I still have a long way to go.

I take a med for the blood pressure, but, despite that the reading can still be high at my physical and my pulse rate can also be too high as well. The reason for that is I have anxiety about the physical. My livelihood is on the line every time I go in to do that physical and I'm worried that my blood pressure and my pulse will be too high. That, in turn, makes my blood pressure and my pulse too high. Are you following me? Fear of the disease is actually causing the disease.

I did my physical today. My blood pressure was within the healthy range, but it was close. However, when they checked my pulse my ticker was kicking away at 124 beats per minute. It has to be down around 100 or lower for me to pass the test. I told them what the issue was, and they let me sit by myself so I might calm down and get my pulse rate down.

I've been meditating, lately. As I sat in the room, I chanted Ram, Ram, Ram, Ram, calm, calm, calm, calm over and over again in my head. Ram is the Hindu name for God. They left the digital pulse reader on my finger and I watched it as I chanted in my head. My pulse steadily dropped over the course of about five minutes to within the acceptable range.

I'm hooked on mediation now.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
Re: Tobin worried about drug test.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 05:46:46 PM »
I'm hooked on mediation now.

:lol:

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline whiteguyPI

• That sounds like a "you" problem
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 06:32:24 PM »
BS on cholesterol being an issue. High BP, sleep apnea and diabetes are the typical reasons a driver gets a 1 year card. I've never heard of a DOT physical testing cholesterol. I keep my CDL since I still drive in the FD and also as an insurance policy against unemployment.

Most likely fat ass Tobin is pissing glucose from his diabetes and he's sweating them telling him he has to go on insulin and that's when they yank his medical card.

Too bad for Tubby...
Haji don't surf!
Jive turkey!

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 07:06:40 PM »
Setting the stage for his next being unemployed chapter of the story.
Still think the truth is that he is a very simple resident of an adult home.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 08:25:06 PM »
BS on cholesterol being an issue. High BP, sleep apnea and diabetes are the typical reasons a driver gets a 1 year card. I've never heard of a DOT physical testing cholesterol. I keep my CDL since I still drive in the FD and also as an insurance policy against unemployment.

Most likely fat ass Tobin is pissing glucose from his diabetes and he's sweating them telling him he has to go on insulin and that's when they yank his medical card.

Too bad for Tubby...

Yep. As they call it around these parts... he got the sugar.  I have been told BP is easy to fix. Take double your amount of meds an hour or two before the physical. Don't agree with it. I would make sure if my BP is up I would get it down permanently.  Heart rate?  Mine has always been fairly rapid.  I don't have to take a test though.

The real story is Tubbs is angling for a disability gig.  He knew this problem was coming, reason why he got his degree, and now is stuck.  Too old for some employer to give him a shot on the BA, too young to retire.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 08:40:53 PM »
tra-lala-la-la-la-la-lalalalalala.....

comment 3336:
http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=81827.3325
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 08:54:18 PM »
Who posts crap like this on the Internet?!
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 09:17:18 PM »
Who posts crap like this on the Internet?!

Tubby Tobs does, that's who.  :-)
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 11:04:40 PM »
tra-lala-la-la-la-la-lalalalalala.....

comment 3336:
http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=81827.3325

Looks like he's addicted to Chinese Buffet.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 09:32:10 AM »
One great solution to cure most of what appears to ail ol' Tubby Tobin is diet and excercise, but we know that isn't an option.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2016, 01:24:14 PM »
There is a reason why truckers are subject to this health check. A truck driver that is in poor health should not be hauling goods.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 02:41:54 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2016, 01:28:09 PM »
Precisely, Ptarm. A trucker in poor health driving a multi-ton rig plus load is a danger, and not just to his/her own health.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2016, 02:33:31 PM »
It might also have something to do with shrinkage that occurs on Tobin's loads when he is hauling DUmmie delicacies, like Twinkies.