Author Topic: More DU Love for this DUer Rep running against an ALEC Star? I'm getting good pr  (Read 614 times)

Offline CC27

duhneece (2,367 posts)

More DU Love for this DUer Rep running against an ALEC Star? I'm getting good press!

I'm especially happy with Daily Kos post: http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/7/5/1544034/-NM-State-Leg-51-Denise-Lang-Dem-Nominee-Steps-Forward-to-Face-Incumbent-Republican-ALEC-Star
The Opposition:

Otero County, has been called "Ground Zero" for the efforts to “transfer” public lands from federal supervision to place them in the control of the state and counties, which can sell, lease or trade that land. New Mexico is the only state with a Land Commissioner who can, with one stroke of the pen – no legislation required – sell off state public lands. My Republican opponent, Yvette Herrell, said her goal for the last five years has been the transfer of public lands to private. That has been in between her support of HB 206, radical amendment proposed by Republican legislators that would have changed the criminal statute of Tampering With Evidence so that any woman who was the victim of rape or incest and who became pregnant would face criminal charges for Tampering if she had an abortion, which could have included incarceration for up to three years. That amendment was, fortunately, unsuccessful, but shows the mindset of my opponent.

and our rally against a Bundy-supporting, Finicum-worshiping county commission AND my opposition, the ALEC Star.
http://www.alamogordonews.com/story/news/politics/new-mexico/2016/07/06/opposing-groups-hold-rallies-forest-and-against/86786774/

In a press release, Lang stated that efforts to “transfer” national public lands to our state are efforts to steal the land from Americans from 49 other states.

“Americans from all 50 states and their ancestors have been paying to fight fires and manage our forests for over 100 years. Our state and county cannot afford to fight fires in our backyard,” Lang stated in the release. “When our state budget cannot cover firefighting costs, our state can then sell these lands to the highest bidder… and I like the idea of taxpayers from 49 other states pitching in to pay to fight fires in our backyard.”

Lang wrote she has family in law enforcement and she understands that at times they have no choice but to reach into their pockets and shoot if they are being threatened.

“I have family in law enforcement and I know that when someone says they will not be taken alive and then reaches into a pocket as Mr. Finicum did when the lawbreakers took over a national bird refuge, that person is committing suicide by ‘cop,’” Lang stated. “Law enforcement has no choice, unfortunately.”
We've walked and knocked on 600 doors which is the way ALL of the 'experts' agree is THE way to win in a tough challenge...with 48% Republicans and only 30% Democrats, it IS tough, but we can win with my DU family supporting all the way. I could never have run without OmahaSteve's trailblazing and all the days & nights DU kept me sane from 9/11 forward. I love you all more than I can say. You have put starch in my backbone!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10671005

A DUmmie running for office? This should be good. Omahasteves trailblazing? HAHAH LMAO!

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
I could never have run without OmahaSteve's trailblazing

That worked out well, didn't it?

and all the days & nights DU kept me sane from 9/11 forward.

Free clue:  You're not sane.

Deal with it.  Take the blue pill.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline SVPete

OK, everyone, what does frank say about DU-folks' truthfulness? My BS-Meter pegged (and needs cal and repair!) when I read this statement"

That has been in between her support of HB 206, radical amendment proposed by Republican legislators that would have changed the criminal statute of Tampering With Evidence so that any woman who was the victim of rape or incest and who became pregnant would face criminal charges for Tampering if she had an abortion, which could have included incarceration for up to three years.

DU, folk wouldn't fact-check her, but I found the text of the bill in question. Here the relevant part thereof:

A. Tampering with evidence consists of destroying, changing, hiding, placing or fabricating any physical evidence with intent to prevent the apprehension, prosecution or conviction of any person or to throw suspicion of the commission of a crime upon another.

B. Tampering with evidence shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion, of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime.

As I reflexively suspected "duhneece" lied. She omitted a key provision - that appears twice in the bill - that limits how it would be applied. While I suppose it would hypothetically be possible that a woman or girl might try to destroy evidence of having been raped, the main application would be against statutory and incestuous rapists, who would coerce their victim to get an abortion so as to destroy evidence of their crime (something PP and other abortuaries have been known to be quite willing to do).

Yvette Herrell has served that district for over 5 years, so "duhneece" might not be much more successful than OmahaOrca.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Had to Nadin what an ALEC even is. 
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
Had to Nadin what an ALEC even is.

I've heard the reference, but no clue; don't care.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable

As I reflexively suspected "duhneece" lied. She omitted a key provision - that appears twice in the bill - that limits how it would be applied.

A (D)Ummie?  Running for political office!?!?  ... Say it ain't so!

https://youtu.be/KQveng3Wxz8

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Motivated by the sweaty neckbeard???  O.  M.  G.   :lmao:
We now have another fourth place finisher in a three person race.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline SVPete

Motivated by the sweaty neckbeard???  O.  M.  G.   :lmao:
We now have another fourth place finisher in a three person race.

That would be quite an accomplishment, as Lady DUHHHH! was unopposed in the D primary, and I doubt there are any consequential opponents beyond the R candidate. OTOH, "finishing fourth in a two-person race" would work.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.